Jamals quad isn’t right a year later. Could miss tc

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
I hated the Percy Harvin trade as well and guess what he was forcing his way off the Vikings just like Adams was. Maybe just maybe we shouldn't target guys in trade who are malcontents were they are at and all about getting their bag.
Perhaps spending firsts on such situations is not a great idea. Please reassess trading significant value for guys forcing their way out of other teams. They reassessed who they target in drafts I am hopeful they will do the same thing for trades.
PH and JA are not similar players. JA is the guy who comes to practice and gets everyone excited to play. PH was a locker room cancer.

morgulon1

Reaction score
PH and JA are not similar players. JA is the guy who comes to practice and gets everyone excited to play. PH was a locker room cancer.
Yes , they're both different dudes . In PC/JS defense, I see why they would want those two players. Harvin was an incredibly fast , elusive dynamic game changer . They had Baldwin and Tate but Harvin was equipped with nitrous.
We've seen what Adams can do for Seattle when he's not hurt. I think last season ultimately fell short because they weren't prepared for #33 to go IR in week one.

bileever

Reaction score
Every now and then, John Schneider gets the idea that we're just one elite player away from success. It's worked when he's been able to get that player at a good price--Marshawn Lynch (for a 4th and a 5th), Jadaveon Clowney (for Martin, Mingo and a 3rd), Chris Clemons (for Darryl Tapp) or Duane Brown (for Jeremy Land and a 4th and a 2nd). Those were high impact players obtained at a reasonable cost.

But just as often, he overpays for a player who doesn't add much value--like Harvin, Adams, Jimmy Graham, and Sheldon Richardson. It's not so much about the player as it is about value. Also, trading for someone who isn't signed for beyond one year is just playing with fire, as in the case of Adams, Richardson and Clowney. You'll end up losing the player, or having to pay a premium to sign him.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Worst trade in franchise history, doubling down and giving him loads of cash is even worse. Please don't give up QB trade capitol for a free safety forcing his way out of his old team for money ever again J.S. Pete.
You guys have clearly learned from past failures in the draft and changed your approach (rightfully). Please do the same with acquiring guys through trade.

Prosisely !!

Mick063

Reaction score
It's a play that fans remember the most from the game.
It was the pillow that snuffed out any hope the Broncos may have thought they had.
Not for me. The statement hit on Demaryius Thomas by Kam Chancellor was by far, the most memorable play. Followed by Malcom Smith's interception return. Javon Kearse' spin move after the catch for the TD sticks out. Manning muffing the long snap near his own end zone is replayed on media very often. The game was over by halftime so that kickoff return is very likely NOT the play that fans "remember the most". Further, when you presume to speak for what all "fans remember the most", you kind of lose some credibility with me. Probably because I don't think the statement is true.

Last edited:

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
He tore his quad off the bone, this isn’t a soft tissue Procise weekly unhealthy. They gave up a lot but also traded for legit young game changer which he proved his first year. It’s not his fault in years 2 here they dropped him into coverage constantly while anytime dropped down the opposing team knew he was coming. Sea was going to implement him as a hybrid safety/LB last year using him at his strengths before that catastrophic injury.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Adams' production in his last healthy season, 2021, was somewhat less spectacular than it was when he first arrived in 2020. In 12 games in 2020, Adams had 9.5 sacks. In the same number of games in 2021, he wasn't credited with a single sack. Offenses had figured him out, and would either change out of a play or account for him whenever he threatened to blitz.

In addition, he was a liability in pass coverage, and at times would take bad angles tracking down running backs (Derrick Henry's TD run comes to mind).

Some food for thought: Our pass defense in the two seasons Adams was on the field, ie 2020 and 2021, were ranked 31st. In 2022 with Adams missing all but the first game, we experienced a huge improvement, ranked a very respectable 13th. A coincidence? Obviously, there's a lot of things that go into a total passing yards surrendered stat, but it is a fact that's a little hard to get around if the argument is that he makes our defense better.

I really think that we need to cut bait with this guy, bite the bullet and move on. But there's a psychological component in that Pete and JS would have to admit to having made a mistake. Admitting to the human flaw of not being right 100% of the time is something that we all suffer from.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Didn't Percy return a second half kickoff for a score in the Super Bowl? I can't remember off hand.

The Seahawks scored *12* seconds into the first half of XLVIII when Manning didn't get close to catching the snapped ball on the first play from scrimmage, resulting in a Seahawks safety. Then the Seahawks scored *12* seconds into the second half when Harvin took the first kickoff of the second half to the house.

I remember those details in part because that number, 12, has some significance for the Seahawks and their fans.

But that's not the only reason I remember the TD at the start of the second half. Despite the Seahawks having dominated so completely in the first half, the score was "only" 22-0 at halftime. I say "only" because the Broncos offense of the 2013 season had been unbelievable, breaking many records, and it wasn't hard to imagine them going on a run and at least making the game close. When Harvin took that kickoff return for a TD, that was when I started to realize that after more than 37 years, the Seahawks were actually going to win the Super Bowl. I was in the room I was renting near the University of São Paulo and my mom was at her house in Maine, but we "watched the game together" by exchanging written messages and, for a good part of the game, talking via VOIP. We had already been on a VOIP call before the second half started, and we were still on when Harvin got his kick-return TD. I remember the odd intermittent dust problem that occurred in my room that day flared up at that moment. I felt the significance of that TD and a 29-0 lead very early in the second half so deeply that I said to my mom "this is actually gonna happen" even though I try to avoid non-probabilistic predictions like that.

Last edited:

Jegpeg

Reaction score
Good news is that we are nearly set up to not expect or count on anything from Jamal Adams. Maybe we are ready to finally move on next year. It would be nice to get into the playoffs and have him healthy enough to contribute, not throw off chemistry, and deliver what he brings to the table. Hoping he is our Percy Harvin 2.0 This is about the only way he can redeem things in my eyes. I was pumped at first, but seems like a total bust right now.
The impact of the trade will go beyond this year. Lets think whare we would be next season had the trade not taken place:
  • McDougal would probably have been cut
  • Unless we traded we would have on the roster 2 extra first round rookies (a #10 and a #23 pick)
  • We would also have had an extra 3rd rounder from the 2021 draft but not got Coby Bryant.
  • We would have an extra $14m cap space due to not having the the dead cap from Adams
If the 2021 3rd rounder had similar impact to Bryant we would have 2 extra 1st round picks including a top 10 that should make a huge impact on the team using relatively little cap space, an an extra $14m to boost the rest of the team.

The Adams trade turned out really badly for us but was pretty much cancelled out by the RW3 trade. However if we had done the later but not the former I think we would probably be one of the favorites for the SB.

BASF

Reaction score
Some food for thought: Our pass defense in the two seasons Adams was on the field, ie 2020 and 2021, were ranked 31st. In 2022 with Adams missing all but the first game, we experienced a huge improvement, ranked a very respectable 13th. A coincidence? Obviously, there's a lot of things that go into a total passing yards surrendered stat, but it is a fact that's a little hard to get around if the argument is that he makes our defense better.
2020: Griffin was overrated by so many people.
D.J. Reed was a few years away from realizing his potential
Tre Flowers was Tre Flowers (I have mentioned him, there will be one poster who will rip him shortly since he brought him up even in posts about offense)
Quinton Dunbar was a very poor scheme fit that we never should have signed and he was out of the NFL afterward
Ugo Amadi was decent at best and last season was a healthy scratch for the Titans towards the end of the season

2021: Sidney Jones was an interesting signing. He had not really been a starter before we brought him in and hasn't been a starter since
D.J. Reed, again a year away from getting it
Tre Flowers was Tre Flowers (I have mentioned him, there will be one poster who will rip him shortly since he brought him up even in posts about offense)
Ugo Amadi was decent at best and last season was a healthy scratch for the Titans towards the end of the season
John Reid who was a safety was tried at corner, he was not good
Gavin Heslop is out of the league
Michael Jackson was a year away from getting it
Tre Brown was a very promising rookie that was injured

2022: Tariq Woolen was a total revelation and Pro Bowler as a rookie and should have been rookie of the year
Michael Jackson got it and played fairly well
Tre Brown came back from injury well, but Jackson was the starter
Coby Bryant played very well as a rookie

Apart from the corners being superior in 2022, the truth is that Wagner was a major liability in coverage in 2020 and 2021. The only decent part of Cody Barton was his coverage. It was not something I would say was good, but he was not nearly as much a liability as Wagner was.

We also had a much better pass rush in 2022 than in '20 or '21. Sacks by non-DB's were up by double digits last season over both other years. Seems as though our defense was better because the new players were better than the ones Adams actually got to play with in 2020.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Good news is that we are nearly set up to not expect or count on anything from Jamal Adams. Maybe we are ready to finally move on next year. It would be nice to get into the playoffs and have him healthy enough to contribute, not throw off chemistry, and deliver what he brings to the table. Hoping he is our Percy Harvin 2.0 This is about the only way he can redeem things in my eyes. I was pumped at first, but seems like a total bust right now.
We've already moved on, hired his replacement and counted him out.

Just bench him.

On the upside, Tyler can sell his McMansion for him to speed his exit from town!

irfuben32

Reaction score
It's not just the salary and the injuries. I just don't like watching this dude play. How many times has he laid out one of his own players? And then last years before he got hurt he gets hit in the face with a catchable ball and puts up his fingers to say "this close". Dude, you should be embarrassed, not strutting around like you did something. I just want his Seattle days to be over.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Exactly. Jamal loves playing football and isn’t afraid to get his nose dirty

morgulon1

Reaction score
Adams' production in his last healthy season, 2021, was somewhat less spectacular than it was when he first arrived in 2020. In 12 games in 2020, Adams had 9.5 sacks. In the same number of games in 2021, he wasn't credited with a single sack. Offenses had figured him out, and would either change out of a play or account for him whenever he threatened to blitz.

In addition, he was a liability in pass coverage, and at times would take bad angles tracking down running backs (Derrick Henry's TD run comes to mind).

I really think that we need to cut bait with this guy, bite the bullet and move on. But there's a psychological component in that Pete and JS would have to admit to having made a mistake. Admitting to the human flaw of not being right 100% of the time is something that we all suffer from.
I've always respected the way the Patriots deal with player situations.
Although considered cold hearted, they have no problems moving on and seem to be correct a lot of time. PC/JS seem to be the opposite, they're like a battered
Spouse who refuse to see things how they really are and know that if only......

That's how you end up with a one dimensional 18 MM per year safety who
lives on IR. I'm sure he was able to get to the bank to cash those checks though.
Quandre Diggs is probably overpaid but
He delivers and seems like a leader although I can't back that up with any evidence. I predict both are gone or severely restructured after this season.

That's why they acquired Julian Love and Mr Witherspoon and others.

morgulon1

Reaction score
It's not just the salary and the injuries. I just don't like watching this dude play. How many times has he laid out one of his own players? And then last years before he got hurt he gets hit in the face with a catchable ball and puts up his fingers to say "this close". Dude, you should be embarrassed, not strutting around like you did something. I just want his Seattle days to be over.
I really hate seeing that as well. A player fails to do his job and tries to be cute.
Also hate seeing players chop it up with with the enemy after a loss.