Jamal Adams Traded to Seattle!

John63

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1tq00ukg said:
John63":1tq00ukg said:
vonstout":1tq00ukg said:
John63":1tq00ukg said:
again what good is a safety when the QB has all day due to no pass rush

what good is a safety when your QB is running for his life again.

I love the plaeyrs, hate teh price adn the fact we still have bigger needs
Also Wilson did not get his wich

were is the pass rush, were is the offensive weapons ie 3rd WR, were is the pass protection.

They went into this off season with 4 needs

pass rush
pass blocking
#3 wr option
another RB

we are 1 for 4 that is bad

Hyde had a great year so that checks that box.
Phillip Dorset should be a very good #3 WR so that was filled too
Mayowa, Irvin, and Adams all would have led the Hawks in sacks last year and they drafted 2 DEs that both had good stats in college. I think the rush will be better.

That’s 3 out of 4.

Dorsett is a question mark so not solved.
All olien man picked up our known run blocker sand bad pass blocker,
great they had sacks, but does not so0lve dline issue

sp at best 1 of 4 and thats assuming Hyde can produce in this system, which in itself is a huge issue

Are we going to go through this again with how incorrect your "known run blocker sand bad pass blocker" statements are?

Why does this insidious falsehood keep creeping into every topic?

And yet we were ranked 28th In passing blocking last year so sorry dude fact not falsehood. When you find a FACT showing they are say avg at pass blocking let me know. Until then we will go with the FACT they were bad

John63

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3ha5vsmk said:
This is an expensive trade! Yikes!!! Whether it’s a good trade won’t be known until the player is re-signed.

I had a sense that McDougald was going to be traded, but for cap reasons.

Adams is a legitimate star SS, and improves the defensive backfield immensely. The quhestion has to be asked what is to be done with Blair?

The defensive backfield is now quite strong! Pretty solid depth too.

Yes and as long as they can cover for 5+ seconds we are good. Now if we had pass
rushers they would not have to. To bad we dont

John63

Reaction score
chris98251":23b0vpib said:
We are not done I would think, we still need pass rushers and a DT presence if Pete has questions about it, we may not be done making moves I would think.

We also have to remember, the NFC west has set itself up to be a pass first division with a dynamic run game to control the clock and punish the other teams, we needed a thumper presence at Safety, I said it last year as well, McDougald was a smart heady player who helped get people in position and show our young guys how to be pros, but he was no Kam, this guy is more Kam like and is better in coverage also.

If our plan is to go even more run heavy were screwed. If the plan is more of the start slow and hope we are close when they take off the cuffs, were screwed. And again don't care how good our dbs are if we get no pressure on the qb.

chris98251

Reaction score
John63":2j27u0me said:
chris98251":2j27u0me said:
We are not done I would think, we still need pass rushers and a DT presence if Pete has questions about it, we may not be done making moves I would think.

We also have to remember, the NFC west has set itself up to be a pass first division with a dynamic run game to control the clock and punish the other teams, we needed a thumper presence at Safety, I said it last year as well, McDougald was a smart heady player who helped get people in position and show our young guys how to be pros, but he was no Kam, this guy is more Kam like and is better in coverage also.

If our plan is to go even more run heavy were screwed. If the plan is more of the start slow and hope we are close when they take off the cuffs, were screwed. And again don't care how good our dbs are if we get no pressure on the qb.

We are not done I would bank on it.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
jmahon316":1m65f0cr said:
acer1240":1m65f0cr said:
Rat":1m65f0cr said:
He’s going going to his generation’s Troy Polamalu. That’s easily worth what we gave up.

Agreed. I don't think most on here have watched this kid play.

He is disruptive to say the least

Do you not understand we traded so much draft capital AND STILL HAVE TO SIGN HIM

Undoubtedly.

You do understand he's an All Pro safety and only 24.

In 2023!!! That's when his rookie deal is up. Besides the team has the cap room to sign him to a big deal and he's worth a big deal.

He'd able to be franchised as well.

chris98251

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2p338dct said:
jmahon316":2p338dct said:
acer1240":2p338dct said:
Rat":2p338dct said:
He’s going going to his generation’s Troy Polamalu. That’s easily worth what we gave up.

Agreed. I don't think most on here have watched this kid play.

He is disruptive to say the least

Do you not understand we traded so much draft capital AND STILL HAVE TO SIGN HIM

Undoubtedly.

You do understand he's an All Pro safety and only 24.

In 2023!!! That's when his rookie deal is up. Besides the team has the cap room to sign him to a big deal and he's worth a big deal.

He'd able to be franchised as well.

He isn't afraid to go against the grain, so I would get an understanding as soon as he walks in the door going forward about his expectations and the teams.

This is going to be a difficult enough start this year without additional problems.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Dang that's a lot to give up, even with our recent track record in the first rd, but excited to see Adams play for us. Guys a gamer and game changer.

Fade

Reaction score
This goes beyond just coverage. He plays the run better than any safety in the game right now.

He is a massive upgrade to a defense that played so passively last year, it wasn't recognizable for long stretches to be a Pete defense.

Schematically they can get back to having a thumper SS in the box AND a guy who can cover TEs. He can do it all. As much as I loved Kam, the best safety in Seahawks history imo (I highly value the fear factor he brought to the table), Adams is better in coverage than Kam, and has even better instincts. Adams makes an impact on every snap, and makes the players around him better. Like Kam, a true alpha dog, and team captain.

They now have the horses to get in people's grills and press with Dunbar and Griffin on the outside w/Diggs playing high. Last year it was bail technique with outside leverage too often. Those days appear to be over. The opposing QB is going to be forced to hold the ball.

They are now a decent pass rusher away from being good enough upfront to compliment their stellar back seven. (Brooks, Wagner, Wright, Griffin, Adams, Diggs, Dunbar,)

They currently have Irvin, Green, Reed, & Mayowa as their top pass rushing unit. It isn't that bad, but definitely could use an upgrade on the edge so Irvin and Mayowa can be more rotational. Clowney needs to swallow his pride and get on board, but I don't see that happening, but would be cool if it did.

rcaido

Reaction score
Why didnt we go after Minkah Fitzpatrick instead last season. Would have been much cheaper.

Still this is awesome, usually injuries kills us near the end of the season...having Blair, and Amodi are good enough starters.

I'm going to think of it as trading two first round pick, 3rd rounder, two 5th rounder, 7th rounder, mcdougald for Adam's, Diggs, and Dumbar and 4th.

knownone

Reaction score
Not sure how I feel about this. I like Adams as a player, but I’m not sure he solidifies our defense to the extent that we can mortgage the future this drastically. If we get a decent pass rusher, then I love the move. That remains a big if.

FearTheHawk

Reaction score
You guys, we just got a potentially hall of fame caliber player who's hungry to become the best safety to ever play the game. He's 24, on a rookie contract, stoked to be here, and is technically one of the best, if not the best, safety in the league. I love B Mac but this is a huge upgrade and worth the haul. JS can't use first round picks to save his life anyway and if you count Jamal as a first rounder and the 3rd for 4th as a wash, then we gave up an extra first and B mac for a generational talent. Him and Diggs is nasty and if Dunbar plays...man we are talking best secondary in the NFL. He opens up the rest of this defense in the same way that prime Earl did. This is a great move that shows we want a title now. Love it.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
knownone":38sova2h said:
Not sure how I feel about this. I like Adams as a player, but I’m not sure he solidifies our defense to the extent that we can mortgage the future this drastically. If we get a decent pass rusher, then I love the move. That remains a big if.
Hopefully getting a pass rusher is part of the plan.

northseahawk

Reaction score
After thinking on it, I now believe it was not a steep price for Jamal Adams. here is my thinking:

Jamal Adams would be a guaranteed top 5 pick in any draft. What does it take to move into top 5 from the bottom? At least 2 first rounders and multiple other low rounder. Now with that, we have a guaranteed All-pro player, only 24, not even in his prime, and under the best db coach. Mcdougle was likely going to be cut and the 3rd rounder is basically a couple picks earlier than the jets 4th rounder.

Now what concerns me is the contracts they would have to give Griffen and Diggs. I don't know if they can afford all them guys. But atleast they could have an impactful year this year esp if they could get clowney back for a year. I am thinking he has the Seahawks back on top of his wish list again after this news.

vance_jetzt

Reaction score
It’s been awhile since I posted... I love this trade. Pete and JS aren’t really that great with first round Picks... outside of earl and Irvin first rounders haven’t really made a splash. I’d trade collier, penny, ifedi for Adams. For those that think we gave too much... now we don’t have wonder what “headscratcher” of a first rounder they pick for two years. First rounds outside of the first few years have been letdowns we eat with our 2-5 rounds.

Geologic

Reaction score
I am not happy about this trade. Two firsts for a strong safety what the heck :twisted:

Geologic

Reaction score
Come on guys who else is mad? Two firsts for a (great) safety? NO one wouldve traded that for kam. We got fleeced

Jamal Adams wanted out, we could've had him for less. im so mad

olyfan63

Reaction score
Fade":2klp8drr said:
This goes beyond just coverage. He plays the run better than any safety in the game right now.

He is a massive upgrade to a defense that played so passively last year, it wasn't recognizable for long stretches to be a Pete defense.

Schematically they can get back to having a thumper SS in the box AND a guy who can cover TEs. He can do it all. As much as I loved Kam, the best safety in Seahawks history imo (I highly value the fear factor he brought to the table), Adams is better in coverage than Kam, and has even better instincts. Adams makes an impact on every snap, and makes the players around him better. Like Kam, a true alpha dog, and team captain.

They now have the horses to get in people's grills and press with Dunbar and Griffin on the outside w/Diggs playing high. Last year it was bail technique with outside leverage too often. Those days appear to be over. The opposing QB is going to be forced to hold the ball.

They are now a decent pass rusher away from being good enough upfront to compliment their stellar back seven. (Brooks, Wagner, Wright, Griffin, Adams, Diggs, Dunbar,)

They currently have Irvin, Green, Reed, & Mayowa as their top pass rushing unit. It isn't that bad, but definitely could use an upgrade on the edge so Irvin and Mayowa can be more rotational. Clowney needs to swallow his pride and get on board, but I don't see that happening, but would be cool if it did.

Fade has nailed this one. He's reading Pete's mind. Adams will be that guy who makes everyone around him better. The other player Adams will help... Well, the rest of the Seattle D, LB Jordyn Brooks, Bobby Wagner, Jarran Reed, everyone! Along with the speedy Jordyn Brooks, and little pass rush, this will be a very different Seattle D we'll see, much more of a Pete Carroll style.

A-Dog":2klp8drr said:
Adams is the Seahawks answer to George Kittle

Nice! I'll see your Kittle and I raise you a Kyler Murray. And a Deebo Samuel (when healthy in December). And the whole freaking Rams offense that's torched our sucky and slow defense for years now.

What about... Marquise Blair...? Now Blair can develop as a viable next-man-up for whenever Adams is unavailable. Don't give up on Blair. He'll help us. He'll develop.

Adams is absolutely the guy Pete's D needed to cope with the Rams and Niners offenses. Not to mention the emerging Cards offense. If you could have traded 2 firsts for Kenny Easley in his prime, would you make that trade? OK, the Easley comparison is a bit of a stretch, but not that much.

Seymour":2klp8drr said:
HawksSoc":2klp8drr said:
J Adams is good, so good. But he just can't be as good as McDougald, 2 First Round players and a Third Round player.

100% this!!

Way too steep for any single player! This stinks of throwing in the towel on acquiring quality first round starters IMO. Love the trade "this year", but by 2022 we will be a weaker team from this trade. :|

Adams is THAT GOOD, and in particular will be THAT GOOD as part of a Pete Carroll defense in Seattle.

Bringing Adams on board will attract another key free agent or two on D. They'll see what's going on here and want to be a part of it. Maybe even on O as well.

It's a fair deal, yes, steep price, but we'll get excellent value, and this season. Guaranteed that Pete and John checked him out thoroughly on the psych side and this won't be a Percy Harvin nutjob fiasco. We'll get 2 good and cheap years out of him before being forced to open the wallet, AND we'll re-sign him.

AAK

Reaction score
Honestly this is the exact take that matters!

All First round picks are crap shoots... For every team.

Should we remember Mirer, McGwire, Curry, and a bunch of newer picks like Ifedi/Collier and others.

Every team has this track record to make fun of!!!

HawkFan72":dn2jurkf said:
Would you trade Penny and Collier for this guy right now? Cause I sure would. I'm not gonna get too worked up over potential 1st rounders.

This Defense absolutely needs stud safeties to work, and now with Adams and Diggs we have the duo we needed.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Go big or go home. LOVE the balls in this transaction. The window is NOW.

This player is a difference maker. And not even in his prime. A big step in the right direction. I’m In!