Jamal Adams hand injury

Go12's

Reaction score
Update:

Adams has a broken finger on his left hand and it is one of the fingers he had fused to prevent repeated dislocations.

If not for bad luck with injuries Adams would have no luck at all 🤷‍♂️ Hopefully he has a speedy recovery and a full productive season. 🤞

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Football players break fingers often it goes with the territory. This is no big deal, and contrary to belief the sky is not falling. It is after all just the beginning of trading camp and Adams will be able to do all the drills even if he needs to wear a cast. I'd bet he doesn't miss many days of camp and will be ready for the season.

Sometime just look at Pete's hands and notice the bent finger. Finger injuries are common even for older coaches.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Further update as per Ian Rappoport:

Adams broke his finger after it got caught in a helmet. He will continue to practice with a club on his hand as was earlier predicted above here so he doesn't make a 'business decision' to avoid contact.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Right, and now of course he's brittle injury waiting to happen??? Perhaps a bit snake-bit but not injury prone.

Given the way he flies to the contact at times stuff like this will happen, it isn't tiddly-winks.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Everyone I have talked to, who knows football, points out that we really didn't use Adams in the way he is best used. A lot of his productivity was lost.
That the way the Jets used him was more impactful and successful.

If that is true, then why is a guy that cost us so much to get, and cost us even more to keep - not being used in a way that provides the most success?

Why get someone because of all of his productivity and impact, then not use him in ways that maximize those both?
Not even sure how upset I can be with Adams if we keep trying to push a round peg into a square hole.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Adams is already back on the practice field

Last edited:

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score

Florio is talking about him having surgery in the off-season. Next offseason, that is. Presumably theres a chance the cast stays on for this season.

We would have moved on were it not for the draft capital we spent but instead we are living the sunk cost fallacy.

Last edited:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Totally, but b/c the haters dislike the trade, which was admittedly expensive, any chance to throw rocks at Adams true or not, it’s open season.

He a quality player who has to overcome a sunk cost that many think was excessive, was certainly not cheap, so he’s a bum with 4 Pro Bowl appearances in 6 seasons.

Pure unrealistic bias.

Of course he now has injury concerns, but the negative folk say they know and the player still plays balls to the wall ball. When he’s allegedly not making those ‘business decisions’.

As far as that ‘business decision’ allegation is concerned please show us examples. This player gets hurt b/c he plays hard every play. Either that or the Hawks traded for a fragile Pro Bowl bum. I doubt that is true, and will fight the negativity around this player as long as he shows up and balls out.

Last edited:

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
I hope he will wear a custom brace for this continuing problem. But, I wonder if it could be an issue in coverage for possible interceptions? Maybe even more than his face mask???

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Totally, but b/c the hates dislike the trade which was admittedly expensive any chance to throw rocks at Adams true or not, it’s open season.

He a quality player who has to overcome a sunk cost that many think was excessive, was certainly not cheap, so he’s a bum with 4 Pro Bowl appearances in 6 seasons.

Pure unrealistic bias.

Of course he now has injury concerns, but the negative folk say they know and the player still plays balls to the wall ball. When he’s allegedly not making those ‘business decisions’.

As far as that ‘business decision’ allegation is concerned please show us examples. This player gets hurt b/c he plays hard every play. Either that or the Hawks traded for a fragile Pro Bowl bum. I doubt that is true, and will fight the negativity around this player as long as he shows up and balls out.

Many good points. However, adams has been oft critiqued for not being in the vicinity to make tackles let alone interceptions. That game where he untried himself as “best in the nation” was not at all backed by stats. I’m not sure what veteran gravitas he has with bringing along the youngsters.

Good player as you say, but one that’ll be playing with a club.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Everyone I have talked to, who knows football, points out that we really didn't use Adams in the way he is best used. A lot of his productivity was lost.
That the way the Jets used him was more impactful and successful.

If that is true, then why is a guy that cost us so much to get, and cost us even more to keep - not being used in a way that provides the most success?

Why get someone because of all of his productivity and impact, then not use him in ways that maximize those both?
Not even sure how upset I can be with Adams if we keep trying to push a round peg into a square hole.
This is why we have a new scheme and D coordinator.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Injuries is just one of the issues with Adams. He's a one trick pony, good at getting pressure on the QB and making plays behind the LOS. But even when healthy, he's a liability in pass coverage, and now that he's going to be playing with a cast on a hand, the chances that he'll become that ball hawking, Kenny Easley style playmaker that we all thought we got when we traded for him is unlikely.