Jamal Adams hand injury

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
It's prolly just as well. Keeps him sidelined for a while. Fewer reps means fewer chances for a more serious injury.

Yes, the glass is half full.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Ill withhold final judgement on Adams til after we see him in this defense that is leaning more twards a 3-4 than it has previously.

James in PA

Reaction score
The Jamal Adams trade: the gift that keeps on giving.

Reactions: PNW

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The piling on continues as far as Adams for the many folks who don't like him. This is more a precautionary situation than any reality that he has been re-injured.

Here is a more accurate version which includes his comments and those of PC:

My belief is he'll be back to camp shortly and will start the season as the team's SS

keasley45

Reaction score
The piling on continues as far as Adams for the many folks who don't like him. This is more a precautionary situation than any reality that he has been re-injured.

Here is a more accurate version which includes his comments and those of PC:

My belief is he'll be back to camp shortly and will start the season as the team's SS

Exactly. There was a really good segment on Wyman and Bob where they talked specifically about how the negative review of Adams to date hasn't been at all warranted, citing the fact that his poor play was a result of him not being used appropriately. He and guys like Dunlap were playing outside their game fornthe majority of the season. This year, he'll be back to who he is. Guaranteed.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Adams is a baller. KNJ isn't running the defense anymore. I look forward to a big year from Jamal Adams and the Hawks D. This is just a speedbump on the road.
Desai and Scott are going to unlock the secondary

toffee

Reaction score
Who should be the Jamal replacement? In case he need to rest for 2-3 months.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I'd rather he miss TC and get his fingers correct than lose time during the season. Good he's getting it taking care of now. He's been in the league long enough that TC is not that needed. Plus it gives guys like Bubba Bolden and Steve Nelson some reps. I believe Marquise Blair would start if Adams is out for extended time.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
We can only hope b/c KNJ had no clue all the DBs will have a much improved year. It was so bad that the DBs were all confused about their assignments more often than not. Several players have gone public that it was a confused, complicated, and confusing scheme.

I have a good deal of hopeful anticipation regarding the new Defensive scheme and will watch with curious anticipation at the improvement. The DBs are going to be surprisingly better than most everyone thinks.

Adams is a highly talented player who plays with zero consideration for his body when he plays. That there is worry about him wanting to make sure his recent hand surgery won’t cause him problems for the year. It’s not as if him missing a few days will hurt him in terms of his understanding of the D.

In the end here there are a few posters with an almost irrational dislike for the player when all he has done here is play balls out take no prisoner football for the Hawks with little regard for his health until he can’t go anymore.

He will have a great season. I predict many here will adjust their negative preconceptions about by the end of the year.
However, there are always those who form a negative opinion and are thereafter unvarying in their perceptions of a player, coach or whomever.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
While I’m not happy Adams could be out for an extended time. Is it really that big of a deal now?

Seattle traded a lot for him, yes, no question, however, it’s not like Seattle was predicted to win this division this year. In a rebuilding year, Adams being out isn’t necessarily a bad thing. His contact and cost of opportunity lost is bad but Seattle’s season was not going to be predicated on if Adams played or does not play this year.

We’ll just have to see how this plays out before we condemn this season.

Bad mouth Adams contract all you want but I’m still excited to see how the team does this year, Adams in or not.

Latest posts