Jamal Adams back as... a linebacker?

keasley45

Reaction score
I guess the thing I would ask those who think this move would be absurd is - how many times did we ever complain about Jamal when he lined up as a linebacker? If I remember correctly, most everyone's gripe was that he failed when he was forced to play deep. Even last year when he was coming back from injury, he flashed whrn he played close to the LOS.

He's lost his top end speed, 100%. But how often is a LB in the box using top end speed? Rarely, and if so, in spurts, covering lateral plays. But ebrv in that role, even when not 100%, Jamals ability to read plays and anticipate what's coming often put him in position to make plays for a loss or zero gain. I'd wager Jamal, post quad injury is still as fast as KJ was in his prime.

Jamal is a backer. It may be a blessing for the remainder of his career that he's forced into the role by injury. I think with another year behind the injury, he'd be a useful piece that we can move around in key situations to maximize what he does well, and pull in instances where his limitations are a detriment.

And I wouldn't at all be surprised if MM is as open to the idea as John. Jamal is a dinged up, generational talent.

Scout

Reaction score
There have been safeties that switched to LB and have done very well (eg Rams' Mark Barron). The problem with Adams is that he can not stay healthy to even be a box player.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Dude's like a bad fart..... just keeps lingering around :) I'm sure this is just silly season, well, 'sillyness' - but please god, no!

Let him go to the falcons.

Better yet - just GO AWAY! :)

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
Yeah, the "Yikes" comment was lame. Yeah, his play declined and he was injured half the time. Out of all the possible outcomes, him coming back and playing lights out as a LB is probably the coolest. Not saying it should happen but if it does, I'll be cautiously optimistic and give the guy a shot to redeem himself some.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Maybe he’s trying to pack on 100 pounds so they can try him at offensive guard.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Yeah, the "Yikes" comment was lame. Yeah, his play declined and he was injured half the time. Out of all the possible outcomes, him coming back and playing lights out as a LB is probably the coolest. Not saying it should happen but if it does, I'll be cautiously optimistic and give the guy a shot to redeem himself some.
He should do it for pretty cheap considering what Seattle paid him .

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Already a thread and it should be in the nfl forum since thankfully he is history...I dont even wanna hear this guy's name again...

RiverDog

Reaction score
I guess the thing I would ask those who think this move would be absurd is - how many times did we ever complain about Jamal when he lined up as a linebacker?
Me. Anytime Adams approached the LOS, we sacrificed coverage in the secondary. And he ain't no run stuffer. If they picked up his blitz, it was a lose-lose: Run, we lose. Pass, we lose. In 2021, we were the 28th ranked defense.

After his initial success in 2020 when he recorded a record 9.5 sacks as a safety, offenses got wise and started accounting for him anytime he threatened by moving an RB or TE to his side. Jamal Adams hasn't recorded a single sack since December of 2020.

It was in 2021 when I fell off the Adams bandwagon, before most of his injury problems. Even Pete admitted back then that they didn't know how to use him.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
I guess the thing I would ask those who think this move would be absurd is - how many times did we ever complain about Jamal when he lined up as a linebacker? If I remember correctly, most everyone's gripe was that he failed when he was forced to play deep. Even last year when he was coming back from injury, he flashed whrn he played close to the LOS.

He's lost his top end speed, 100%. But how often is a LB in the box using top end speed? Rarely, and if so, in spurts, covering lateral plays. But ebrv in that role, even when not 100%, Jamals ability to read plays and anticipate what's coming often put him in position to make plays for a loss or zero gain. I'd wager Jamal, post quad injury is still as fast as KJ was in his prime.

Jamal is a backer. It may be a blessing for the remainder of his career that he's forced into the role by injury. I think with another year behind the injury, he'd be a useful piece that we can move around in key situations to maximize what he does well, and pull in instances where his limitations are a detriment.

And I wouldn't at all be surprised if MM is as open to the idea as John. Jamal is a dinged up, generational talent.

The 2nd time Jamal Adams attacked the independent doctor on the sidelines, he should have been cut on the spot.

/thread

BASF

Reaction score
With a nod to @Hockey Guy

It's so awesome this board would honour our greatest safety of all time with this duplicate thread even though he should never have been signed in the first place.

I can still feel the love we all still have for him.

Latest posts