Jalen Carter

RiverDog

Reaction score
Nothing burger. Police were called but they didn’t even bother to file a report.
That doesn't mean that nothing illegal happened. Nowadays, as understaffed and under pressure as police departments have become, they are very reluctant to pursue these relatively minor crimes, which is why you see retailers like Target, the store involved in this incident, exiting big cities as shoplifting has gotten so out of hand. Target alone has closed 9 stores this year due to shoplifting.

Last edited:

Cyrus12

Reaction score
No one protected Jameis Winston when he stole all those lobster....

Agree that something happened and he just didn't get charged..at least he wasn't street racing and fleeing the scene of a horrific crash...so he is improving.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
That doesn't mean that nothing illegal happened. Nowadays, as understaffed and under pressure as police departments have become, they are very reluctant to pursue these relatively minor crimes, which is why you see retailers like Target, the store involved in this incident, exiting big cities as shoplifting has gotten so out of hand. Target alone has closed 9 stores this year due to shoplifting.
At their prices? I think they closed themselves down and not
a few shoplifters.

morgulon1

Reaction score
At their prices? I think they closed themselves down and not
a few shoplifters.
You keep telling yourself that. Walmart ,
Target, Walgreens. They're all closing up
Stores in these unlawful cities. It's costing them too much to stay open just for people to calmly walk in and steal.
Of course then people accuse them of being racist. Too funny 🤣

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
True, but irrelevant. Police responded. Nobody charged with shoplifting. Didn’t even file a police report.

RiverDog

Reaction score
True, but irrelevant. Police responded. Nobody charged with shoplifting. Didn’t even file a police report.
Irrelevant to you, perhaps. But for many of us who were highly involved in the debate as to whether or not we should draft him and were concerned with his off-field behavior, it's an eyebrow raiser.

renofox

Reaction score
But the FO, the NFL and the fans are aware.. One needs not be arrested to be disciplined .... It's a beginning and doesn't look good for someone with previous problems and question marks.
Yep. Half way through his 1st season and he's already interacting with law enforcement. Not a surprise.

RiverDog

Reaction score
But the FO, the NFL and the fans are aware.. One needs not be arrested to be disciplined .... It's a beginning and doesn't look good for someone with previous problems and question marks.
Good point. Only in the legal world is this a nothing burger.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
No evidence he did anything wrong.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Only that he assisted his female companion with her shoplifting. She placed a stolen item in her bag, he picked it up and walked away..
So he hangs out with criminals...would he not pay for her? In any event he keeps hanging with trash itll be on him soon enouhh

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Only that he assisted his female companion with her shoplifting. She placed a stolen item in her bag, he picked it up and walked away..
She wasn’t charged with shoplifting. Police responded. Nobody charged with anything.

Chuckwow

Reaction score
I haven't seen Carter commit a game-losing DPI yet.
Yikes!

This almost sounds like retaliation for Witherspoon saying Marvin Harrison Jr couldn't carry Rome Odunze's jockstrap.

Not trying to stir anything up here. I could be wrong.

Jac

Reaction score
I agree. Shoplifting isn't necessarily driven by an economic need. Most people steal because they think that they can get away with it, not because they're desperate.

As far as this story about Carter goes, it's an eyebrow raiser. Given all the character concerns about him, it wouldn't surprise me if it were true. The shoe sure seems to fit, doesn't it?

And yeah, I, too, am glad that we didn't draft him, especially with the way Witherspoon is turning out.
That's a good way of describing it...an eyebrow raiser. I've defended Carter on the other board when it comes to the ridiculous football POV (the "Witherspoon had a tackle today and Carter didn't...where are all his defenders now?!?!" nonsense). But from an off field POV, this is more of the 'where there is smoke there's fire..'

GemCity

Reaction score
We took the best player available…and he’s a dog.

I get the whole innocent until proven guilty thing. Charges weren’t even filed in this case. Similar things happened in Georgia that were swept under the rug due to his status.

Innocent until proven guilty….and Bill Clinton can get a bl0w j0b in the Oval Office without repercussion.