Jalen Carter

Chevy

Reaction score
Lots of reports Houston might take Anderson at 2. What if Arizona takes Carter then? If so, then two of the top 4 qb's would be there at 5. I don't see how we pass on that. So many possibilities!
I can see the logic in Houston wanting to take Anderson.

Houston takes Anderson and....Arizona takes Anthony Richardson. Arizona's QB, Kyler Murray, is hurt and has a poor work ethic apparently. Maybe they draft Richardson, whom a good offensive coordinator, could come up with a scheme for him to be successful his rookie year.

In this scenario the Seahawks draft Will McDonald. : )

Last edited:

Chevy

Reaction score
After hearing JS latest interview, I am once again off the Carter bandwagon.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
This is presuming a LOT about what Pete and John are thinking.

The recent arrest has definitely created a pause in what most people consider a slam dunk best prospect in the entire draft kind of player.

But I'm still in on Carter, because unless by some miracle Anderson is still available at 5? He's still the biggest impact defensive player at 5, and that might be far too tempting to pass up despite his legal problems.

IMO this is a culture locker room that has PLENTY of role models and leaders to keep a player like Carter on the right track to success. We've seen it with guys like Clark and Irvin.
This is true, Seahawks have acquired significant leadership talent recently in order that it might field a young dumb kid.

I'm all over the place on him. With this kid, that top 30 visit would have been it. We shall see!

Chevy

Reaction score
Not for long.

JS said scouting the game film is the easy part. It's the heart/toughness, medical, off field stuff that has also a huge part of the evaluation for him now. If we did take Carter at #5 or a bit later I would be excited. I would then know JS was comfortable with Carter. There is so much negative info out there about Carter, the only way to really know what is true then getting a feel for him as a person can only be found by NFL teams.

Lets have the draft already!

CactusJack

Reaction score
JS said scouting the game film is the easy part. It's the heart/toughness, medical, off field stuff that has also a huge part of the evaluation for him now. If we did take Carter at #5 or a bit later I would be excited. I would then know JS was comfortable with Carter. There is so much negative info out there about Carter, the only way to really know what is true then getting a feel for him as a person can only be found by NFL teams.

Lets have the draft already!
It's easy to see why they would like a guy like Witherspoon. The guy plays with a chip on his shoulder at all times. The perfect Seahawk.

Last edited:

Chevy

Reaction score
It's easy to see why they would like a guy like Witherspoon. The guy plays with a chip on his shoulder at all times. The perfect Seahawk.
I like him as well. I think he could be a starter his rookie year on our team. I also think he could be an amazing Free Safety. I think he could be this era version of former 49ers Hall of Fame CB/FS Ronnie Lott (I was a 49ers fan the first 18 years of my life and Lott was my favorite). Lott played CB for 3 or 4 years and then played FS, going to the Pro Bowl at both positions.

CactusJack

Reaction score
I like him as well. I think he could be a starter his rookie year on our team. I also think he could be an amazing Free Safety. I think he could be this era version of former 49ers Hall of Fame CB/FS Ronnie Lott (I was a 49ers fan the first 18 years of my life and Lott was my favorite). Lott played CB for 3 or 4 years and then played FS, going to the Pro Bowl at both positions.

He would play opposite Tariq. He could also play slot corner. But his coverage skills are too good, to not have him play on the outside.

Chevy

Reaction score
He would play opposite Tariq. He could also play slot corner. But his coverage skills are too good, to not have him play on the outside.

It seems like he is not falling past the Lions at #6. History says the Seahawks won't draft a CB in the 1st round. But I think Christian Gonzalez would be the Seahawks #1 CB in this draft, although he probably doesn't have the position versatility as Witherspoon.

CactusJack

Reaction score
It seems like he is not falling past the Lions at #6. History says the Seahawks won't draft a CB in the 1st round. But I think Christian Gonzalez would be the Seahawks #1 CB in this draft, although he probably doesn't have the position versatility as Witherspoon.
TK3Ej H0formatjpgnamesmall

CactusJack

Reaction score
If I were given the option of "only" Anderson (overrated), Carter (lots of red flags), or Witherspoon....then I'm taking Witherspoon.
What if it's Witherspoon vs. Wilson???

Chevy

Reaction score
What if it's Witherspoon vs. Wilson???
I like Wilson a lot, but we don't know his athletic profile. He is hurt and didn't test. For me it is Will Mcdonald #1 defensive prospect ( I know I am in the minority).

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
0.00% chance we take him at #5.

wow, so we're actually taking carter at #5, aren't we? have i been ignorant, writing him off too soon due to his conditioning and off field stuff? seems like everybody is picking carter to the seahawks at #5 right now

CactusJack

Reaction score
View attachment 58757

wow, so we're actually taking carter at #5, aren't we? have i been ignorant, writing him off too soon due to his conditioning and off field stuff? seems like everybody is picking carter to the seahawks at #5 right now

I mean, he would automatically fill our biggest need. He's also arguably the best DT prospect to come out since Quinnen Williams.

It's easy to connect the dots.

Last edited:

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
I mean, he would automatically fill our biggest need. While also arguably being the best DT prospect to come out since Quinnen Williams.

It's easy to connect the dots.
i've never doubted the on-field player. he's been my #1 prospect in the draft.

but between his character concerns, legal issues, conditioning, and terrible pro day showing- he has plenty of red flags adding up. PCJS has said they are putting more value in to character... and although i think malik mcdowell echoes in PCJS memories... as you mentioned, jalen carter might just too hard to ignore for a team desperate for front 7 play-makers. maybe they make the exception and take the risk. the nfl draft apparatus is saying it's carter at #5