Jalen Carter

GemCity

Reaction score
If Carter gets drafted and ends up being a bust because all of the rumors are true then Pete/John deserve any criticism thrown at them. Normally I'm on board with gambling on talent but when you say over and over again that you will not compromise on this stuff and its why last years draft was so good only to do the exact opposite the next year you're going to hear about it.

He's a freak talent but the risk seems crazy. Rich Eisen reported that multiple people said it was one of the worst pro days in recent memory.

I'm a fan so if we get him I'll be excited and hope for the best BUT I think its a risk not worth taking.

Man this draft is fascinating for so many reasons.
This. For me, there’s too many red flags. If JS and PC think otherwise, I’m going to assume this dude is going to be a beast.

Glad I’m not getting paid to make the choice 🤓

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Here's the thing, Jalen left the Strip Club with the people he was racing. He HAD to have known the driver was drunk, he definitely knew she was driving a borrowed vehicle not suitable for racing...and he raced them anyway!

If at any time he had backed off on the racing, odds are the drunk driver with several passengers would have too.

By continuing the race, and going in to oncoming traffic, I feel that he is partially responsible for those deaths. But it seems football players get off easy, especially when they win the Championship. Gotta make things look good to the next set of prospects.

a 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk vs a Ford Expedition...

A little about the Trackhawk:

The 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk Starting at $91,665

The Trackhawk has a 707-hp supercharged Hellcat V-8 under the hood, it's not only the most powerful Jeep ever built, it's one of the most powerful SUVs in the world.

Trackhawk's all-wheel-drive traction allows the Jeep to virtually teleport to 60 mph in 3.4 seconds
If you watch the bodycam video, he claims he was behind the Expedition and saw the crash. Very hard to believe with a motor like that vs a family SUV.

GemCity

Reaction score
As the days expire, I don’t see how we don’t select Jalen Carter. In this thread, I mentioned too many red flags.

I still feel that way.

Personally, I see shiny toy (Richardson) and want it.

But, if I were JS or PC, I’d likely go with the one who was touted as being the best in this years draft and fill a humongo position of need. Like…our greatest need..other positions are not even close.

I’d also move up and take Robinson. I think he’s worth it.

#ThreadRevivalYou’veSeenThisAlready100x

D

DomeHawk

I think much of the interest in Carter came from the fact that he is exactly the type of player/position we need.

But I think it's important to note that he was really good against college level players. And while that often translates to the pros, it doesn't always.

Also, we are just coming off an early round selection who didn't play one single down because of his recklessness. That poor judgement thing is a red flag that is just too big to ignore right now. Pass.

James in PA

Reaction score
I'm still all in on Carter. He's a close 2nd behind Richardson as the guy I want us to take. I've pretty much accepted that Richardson will likely get drafted just before we pick, so I have it in my mind that Carter should be the pick.

GemCity

Reaction score
I'm still all in on Carter. He's a close 2nd behind Richardson as the guy I want us to take. I've pretty much accepted that Richardson will likely get drafted just before we pick, so I have it in my mind that Carter should be the pick.
If Indy takes Levis instead, things would get interesting with that 5th pick.

WarHawks

Reaction score
I think we would need to trade up to get Richardson. We're probably one of the six teams that have talked to the Cardinals, and even that may not be enough. I would be surprised, but not shocked if he went #1.

WarHawks

Reaction score
What if it goes 1. Richardson 2. Anderson 3. Carter 4. Young? I've read reports the Texans may not take a qb due to they have so many needs. If that happens, we could get to choose between Stroud or Levis. Now that's a discussion worth having, although it's pretty easy decision (Stroud). We could maybe then package 20 and 37 and move up into the top ten to take one of the other top ten DL prospects? Wouldn't that be fun boys and girls? 200

warden

Reaction score
NFL teams are allowed thirty visits from rookies in this years draft. The Seahawks have scheduled a visit with Georgia CB. You know they are going to ask him about Carter. As one poster here stated, once they get through the process, they are going to k in a lot more about Jalen then Jalen know about himself. They are going to talk to everyone that has been associated with him. When all is said and done, they will know if he is worth taking or if they need to pass on him

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Before BWags signed back, I said the only way Jalen could work is with Bobby there. Plus, it can’t with more Georgia draft picks on our team, especially defensively. Kid comes out of a team where all the captains have been arrested, the worst thing any team can have is an intraGeorgia clique.

HawksNation

Reaction score
What if it goes 1. Richardson 2. Anderson 3. Carter 4. Young? I've read reports the Texans may not take a qb due to they have so many needs. If that happens, we could get to choose between Stroud or Levis. Now that's a discussion worth having, although it's pretty easy decision (Stroud). We could maybe then package 20 and 37 and move up into the top ten to take one of the other top ten DL prospects? Wouldn't that be fun boys and girls? View attachment 58691
I’d feel better taking Carter at 10

Donn2390

Reaction score
We have a QB, we need a DESTROYER ..! Build the best defense in the country and we can win with Pete playing quarterback.
I've been back and forth about Jalen for months, just like the rest of you, now I am firmly in his camp. There will be qb's in later rounds if we really want/need one..

GemCity

Reaction score
We have a QB, we need a DESTROYER ..! Build the best defense in the country and we can win with Pete playing quarterback.
I've been back and forth about Jalen for months, just like the rest of you, now I am firmly in his camp. There will be qb's in later rounds if we really want/need one..

Broncos had the best defense in the league.

I’m all for defense though.

Chevy

Reaction score
I'm now leaning on trading down a bit then taking Carter. I have been totally against it for a long time, but now I would love to get him say at #7 or #8. If it is true that he doesn't take to coaching and can be difficult, then hard pass with his know work ethic as well. But if those rumors are false then yeah take a shot at possibly the best DT in the last 6 years.

The draft is too far out. Lets get to Draftmas already.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Lots of reports Houston might take Anderson at 2. What if Arizona takes Carter then? If so, then two of the top 4 qb's would be there at 5. I don't see how we pass on that. So many possibilities!

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
I think we would need to trade up to get Richardson. We're probably one of the six teams that have talked to the Cardinals, and even that may not be enough. I would be surprised, but not shocked if he went #1.
no he won't even be in the top 10.

GemCity

Reaction score
Take Richardson. My daily flip-flop btw. This kids going to be special.