Jalen Carter stick a fork in him

ivotuk

Reaction score

Georgia DT Jalen Carter 9 lbs heavier, struggles at pro day

ATHENS, Ga. -- Georgia defensive tackle Jalen Carter was nine pounds heavier than he was at the NFL combine about two weeks ago and couldn't finish his position drills at Georgia's pro day on Wednesday.

Carter, who was once considered a potential No. 1 pick in April's draft, weighed 323 pounds at the pro day. He opted to do only position drills and didn't participate in other aspects of the workout, including the 40-yard dash, cone drills and other physical tests. Carter didn't finish the position drills because he was cramping up and breathing heavily.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
Jalen was showing off his dad bod. Gaining 9 lbs in 10 days is bad it’s going to be water weight must of have been carbing out and sitting on his ass combine this with how poorly conditioned he was during the season I wouldn’t be surprised if he falls out of the 1st rd. There is a handful of DTs I would take later in the draft that seem to be a lot more motivated

scutterhawk

Reaction score
MOTIVATION is the Key word here.
Just thinkin' that you're all that' and don't have to prove that you've arrived ain't gunna cut it, as there are just WAYYY too many hungries that are willing to jump through ALL the hoops to get Drafted in April.

GemCity

Reaction score
I’m wondering if there’s more to the incident he was involved in. Like, is there a likelihood that the charges could be upgraded or…..

Maybe he’s dealing with that and hasn’t focused on much else?

Considering his prior lack of motivation (at least that’s the thing I’m hearing), his performance or lack there of during GA’s Pro Day doesn’t sit well.

Regardless, I can’t recall a guy falling from grace this quickly. At least, not in recent years.

There’s too much risk involved with him now imo.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
wow what a disaster for this kid. I predicted he would drop but he may drop to the end of the 1st round.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
MOTIVATION is the Key word here.
Just thinkin' that you're all that' and don't have to prove that you've arrived ain't gunna cut it, as there are just WAYYY too many hungries that are willing to jump through ALL the hoops to get Drafted in April.
Carter got injured and could have taken the rest of the year off and waited for the NFL draft, instead he came back to his team and won a NC.

But now every yokel is buying into this narrative because of the horrific accident that he did not cause.

This guy is still dealing with his friends deaths. He performed on the field all year long. At some point, tape matters more.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
He did not perform well on the field all year. And he wasn't playing hurt. Any player that loves football comes back as soon as they can, that's not something that Jalen should be congratulated on.

And it's much more than just the accident. There were multiple reports this last year about his maturity, his lack of conditioning, even though he admitted it was an issue, and then HE LEFT the SCENE of a FATAL ACCIDENT BEFORE the Ambulance got there. And then LIED to the Police.

Why is he pleading "No Contest"? Because that's what you do when you're guilty, but don't want to admit it. "Nolo Contendre" is a common pleading just for that reason.

If he was innocent, his lawyer would have told him 'Image is everything to the NFL, plead Not Guilty and we'll drag things out until AFTER the draft."

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Carter got injured and could have taken the rest of the year off and waited for the NFL draft, instead he came back to his team and won a NC.

But now every yokel is buying into this narrative because of the horrific accident that he did not cause.

This guy is still dealing with his friends deaths. He performed on the field all year long. At some point, tape matters more.

Oh spare me. Ok, he didn’t get criminally convicted of killing them but he did for racing them.

And he, a grown ass man, wont Even say directly And publicly that he’s sorry for those deaths. Never has.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Spare you? What an annoying thing to respond with.

"He didn't get criminally convicted of killing them but..."

No, he is not to blame for his friends death. He was not driving the car, he didn't run them off the road, he didnt drink their alcohol for them. There are no 'buts'.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
He did not perform well on the field all year. And he wasn't playing hurt. Any player that loves football comes back as soon as they can, that's not something that Jalen should be congratulated on.

And it's much more than just the accident. There were multiple reports this last year about his maturity, his lack of conditioning, even though he admitted it was an issue, and then HE LEFT the SCENE of a FATAL ACCIDENT BEFORE the Ambulance got there. And then LIED to the Police.

Why is he pleading "No Contest"? Because that's what you do when you're guilty, but don't want to admit it. "Nolo Contendre" is a common pleading just for that reason.

If he was innocent, his lawyer would have told him 'Image is everything to the NFL, plead Not Guilty and we'll drag things out until AFTER the draft."
Oh ok, yeah he sucked this year.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I'm not against people not liking Carter, not wanting to draft him, or even questioning his character, but his tape is outstanding. He will be a dominant force in the NFL, but if his off the field nightmare is too much. Fine. Just don't pretend like this pro day nonsense matters.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Spare you? What an annoying thing to respond with.

"He didn't get criminally convicted of killing them but..."

No, he is not to blame for his friends death. He was not driving the car, he didn't run them off the road, he didnt drink their alcohol for them. There are no 'buts'.

Yeah AND HIS GROWN ASS HASNT SAID HE WAS SORRY For the situation.

I mean, wouldn’t you at least say something?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
If we could somehow land Anderson at 5 and Carter in the second round I would soil myself.

toffee

Reaction score

So he played hurt in 2022? His 2021 stat was almost identical to his 2022's?

Carter   cartervsreed

For fun, this was our Jarran Reed when he played NT for Bama, more tackles, less sacks or for loss. But Reed was not a first rounder.
Reed Cartervsreed

James in PA

Reaction score
Just wait until the discussion AFTER the draft.

If we take him: "What the hell are they doing?! Completely wasted high draft pick! This will turn out worse than Malik McDowell!"

If we pass on him: "They blew a rare chance to get a generational talent along the D line and settled for a safe pick with nothing but potential!"