Eagles Got Jalen Carter and Nolen Smith. Just WOW.

bsuhawk

Reaction score
The other day I was thinking that I would be happy with Jalen Carter at 5 and Nolen Smith at 20. The Eagles did it with picks 9 and 30. Wow. The path to the super bowl will be going through Philadelphia for the foreseeable future.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
I guess we'll see how those players do. Competing against Philly is already a requirement so those two don't really change that.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Perfect city for Carter. Stinks seeing Nolan go there. Would have loved seeing Nolan in Seattle.

Chapow

Reaction score
It's truly bizarre to see so many people acting like Carter is a sure thing.

The amount of red flags, both on and off the field, is pretty staggering. Literally no one that has been paying any attention at all will be surprised if he's a complete bust in the NFL. I get that his potential is enticing, but damn, he's probably the biggest risk of any guy taken in the first round.

ivotuk

Reaction score
The main reason the Eagles were able to take a risk on Carter is because they have his buddy/enforcer in Jordan Davis.

Davis is the reason Carter played well in 2021.

Possibly the reason Carter looked worse in 2022 was because Jordan Davis was gone.

And I don't understand the fascination with Jalen. His production just wasn't there, and he had zero stamina.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
The main reason the Eagles were able to take a risk on Carter is because they have his buddy/enforcer in Jordan Davis.

Davis is the reason Carter played well in 2021.

Possibly the reason Carter looked worse in 2022 was because Jordan Davis was gone.

And I don't understand the fascination with Jalen. His production just wasn't there, and he had zero stamina.
His talent is HOF level. It’s hard to look past that.

People don’t understand the mental and physical work that goes into being the best in the NFL.

It’s unlikely the lights turn on for this guy. I doubt dropping a few spots in the draft is going to rattle anything loose in his head.

James in PA

Reaction score
I'm just tired of everyone kissing Howie and the Eagles' asses like they can do no wrong. They tried to trade for ME3 just last offseason.