Jake Curhan, our RT

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
sutz":1xe4z9jw said:
Maelstrom787":1xe4z9jw said:
toffee":1xe4z9jw said:
We could be a LT and a C with Lewis playing G, or a LT and a G with Lewis playing C, away from a rebuilt OL. Heck, we could keep Poccic at C and just bring in a LT.

a. Curhan - Gabe - New Center - Lewis - New LT
b. Curhan - Gabe - Poccic - Lewis - New LT
c. Curban - Gabe - Lewis - New LG - New LT

I like b, ie keep Poccic

Pocic has improved. He's adept at making the right calls up front and continues to improve as a blocker.

I now rate him as one of the better players on the offense and a perfectly acceptable starter. Need a Duane replacement. Starting line is fine.
Yeah, a lot of negative energy around here in prior years, but IIRC this is only his 3rd or 4th year at Center, which is close to a typical learning curve for OL. Center, especially, is one of the more complex positions on the team.

This is actually only his second year at center as a pro, after excelling there for LSU. I'd be totally comfortable with him starting going forward. I almost don't even see it as a need if Pocic is re-signed.

Russ agrees, film guys agree, PFF is starting to agree too. Pocic is solid.

If only he was at center to begin with.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2lwvte04 said:
sutz":2lwvte04 said:
Maelstrom787":2lwvte04 said:
toffee":2lwvte04 said:
We could be a LT and a C with Lewis playing G, or a LT and a G with Lewis playing C, away from a rebuilt OL. Heck, we could keep Poccic at C and just bring in a LT.

a. Curhan - Gabe - New Center - Lewis - New LT
b. Curhan - Gabe - Poccic - Lewis - New LT
c. Curban - Gabe - Lewis - New LG - New LT

I like b, ie keep Poccic

Pocic has improved. He's adept at making the right calls up front and continues to improve as a blocker.

I now rate him as one of the better players on the offense and a perfectly acceptable starter. Need a Duane replacement. Starting line is fine.
Yeah, a lot of negative energy around here in prior years, but IIRC this is only his 3rd or 4th year at Center, which is close to a typical learning curve for OL. Center, especially, is one of the more complex positions on the team.

This is actually only his second year at center as a pro, after excelling there for LSU. I'd be totally comfortable with him starting going forward. I almost don't even see it as a need if Pocic is re-signed.

Russ agrees, film guys agree, PFF is starting to agree too. Pocic is solid.

If only he was at center to begin with.

We may just need a LT for next season, if this Curhan experiment works out. Not having to sign other OL, more $$ for that LT.

Jville

Reaction score
On an additional side note ................ It was good to see Mike Solari give Phil Haynes plenty of playing time. Phil went all the way in his first start and played every available snap. He made excellent use of his long awaited starting opportunity and very much looked the part on the field of play. :2thumbs:

chris98251

Reaction score
Forsythe is the LT of the future I am thinking. At least in this regimes eyes.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":1zf77ov0 said:

not sure if we can trust those eyes Christ, those same eyes gave us Ifedi, Fant, etc etc

chris98251

Reaction score
toffee":d9rojhc4 said:
chris98251":d9rojhc4 said:

not sure if we can trust those eyes Christ, those same eyes gave us Ifedi, Fant, etc etc

Never said trust said thinking by them.

Reaction score
chris98251":37c60jf2 said:

You're probably right. I'm hoping they can sign Armstead with all that cap space and it's unlikely NO retains him with their cap situation. Unlikely to happen though.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Pete should start Stone for season's last game and rest Brown. Like to see what could Stone or not do against Cardinals.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Sounded like Jake Curhan's future as our RT just got challenged as we drafted OT Abraham Lucas, Washington State. I thought Curhan did ok last season? although he did give up 4 sacks in 405 snaps.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Sounded like Jake Curhan's future as our RT just got challenged as we drafted OT Abraham Lucas, Washington State. I thought Curhan did ok last season? although he did give up 4 sacks in 405 snaps.
He didn’t just get challenged.. he got cancelled

Spohawks

Reaction score
I said Curhan will be a pro bowler last preseason...and I stick to it. I want to try out the tackles and guards for the guard position.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Is Gabe coming back? Maybe try him out at guard?
I think this is the idea. They always thought of Curhan as a G I believe. Unless Abe stinks Curhan could make a move. Either way I believe he is still a huge part of this line

Ruminator

Reaction score
Look forward to watching Jake Curhan have even better seasons in 2022 and beyond and being part of a top-12 OL by 2023. Some interesting links on Curhan, which I was just checking out to get a needed refresher on him:

nanomoz

Reaction score
I think this is the idea. They always thought of Curhan as a G I believe. Unless Abe stinks Curhan could make a move. Either way I believe he is still a huge part of this line
Ya, I think this is true. His first snaps were at guard before Shell got hurt (against SanFran, I believe).

I really, really hope they move Lewis back to right guard. What a horrendous decision it was to move him.

Latest posts