Abraham Lucas or Jake Curhan, who has edge in Right Tackle competition?

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Jake, Abe and Stone have rotated at RT, with Jake also getting reps at guard. We need another one or two guard/C swing guys and we’ll have nice depth at o-line.
Stone is awful. I like Curran and Lucas as 1-2 or vice versa. Lucas will eventually be our every day right tackle and may start this year.

BASF

Reaction score
Stone is awful.
I will never understand this kind of stance. Stone was awful last season. But stating it as you have takes away the possibility that he improved his game after his rookie year, which happens for at least ninety percent of players in the league.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I will not be surprised or disappointed if Lucas doesn't get the start. Especially for tackles, the pro game is quite a bit different than the colleges, especially considering that Lucas is a product of Mike Leach's Air Raid offense. It might even be better for him in the long run that he has a soft landing and a chance to get used to the new game rather than getting thrown into the fire with defenders like the Bosa brothers, Kahlil Mack, Aaron Donald, et al.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
I like to think we lucked into Curhan, ok, may be I should rephrase myself: our decision to sign Curhan was wonderful. In some ways, he was like Jamarco Jones, both were slowe and lack ideal speed, strength, and size. But unlike Jamarco, Curhan's a quite a complete football player, his onfield prowess far exceeded his measurables.

Last edited:

keasley45

Reaction score
I like to think we lucked into Curhan, ok, may be I should rephrase myself: our decision to sign Curhan was wonderful. In some ways, he was like Jamarco Jones, both were slower and lack ideal speed, strength, and size. But unlike Curhan's a quite a complete football player, his onfield prowess far exceeded his measurables.
Agree. And with a lefty at QB, our RT is the most valuable chip on the line, not the LT. Whoevers over there needs to be solid, and not learning on the job.

GemCity

Reaction score
I’d love it to be Lucas. If you’re under the impression that this IS a rebuild, the experience he could get this season is invaluable.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
I’d love it to be Lucas. If you’re under the impression that this IS a rebuild, the experience he could get this season is invaluable.
I sure couldn't determine who was the main contributor, but once Curhan took over as RT, Penny start finding running lanes. It could be zone blocking started to take over, or Phil Haynes, or Curhan, but our running game started to play at a different level.

Latest posts