Jachai Polite

Lightone3232

Reaction score
https://twitter.com/Connor_J_Hughes/sta ... 96134?s=09

The Seahawks were supposedly very interested in him pre-draft.
Although his combine and interviews plummeted his stock, he does have talent and was projected as a 1st round pick based on his film.

I wouldn't mind picking him up and seeing if we can harness the strengths of the guy, even though he has some clear character concerns

OP
OP
Lightone3232

Lightone3232

Reaction score
McDowell was a first round pick. Polite is a puppy in a back alley

chris98251

Reaction score
Kid is being a kid, fined over 100,000 last season for being late and other team infractions, needs to get his head on straight, maybe Pete can help, or maybe he can't, kid was not picked up so the word is out on him.

seabowl

Reaction score
Now that Polite is on the practice squad I searched up some of his film from college and he really reminds me a lot of Bruce Irvin. Fast off the snap, good motor and built like him. Obviously the key is if he can keep his head on straight. Good low risk high reward move.

Seahawkwalt1967

Reaction score
I was impressed by his highlights as well. He reminds me of Irvin. If anyone can mentor him it’s Coach Carrol. It wouldn’t surprise me if he starts down the road

olyfan63

Reaction score
Pete Carroll doing his Father Flanagan impersonation once again.
Sometimes it works, with great payback, and sometimes it doesn't.

Worth a shot.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Definitely worth a shot. There's this thing called flattening out as a pass rusher where you can round a corner at a really tight angle and this dude is an absolute natural at it. Really, really agile for his size. If this pans out....shoooot.

cheese22

Reaction score
If someone was to say, before the draft, that we would go into the the season with Clowney, Ansah, Collier and Polite at DE, I would have been pretty excited. Still am because I think Pete is very good at getting young guys focused. If Polite can learn from his Jets experience, we could be pretty strong at DE for the near future.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Lightone3232":1brpgxwe said:
Ceiling through the roof. Floor through the basement

He's at his floor... practice squad is a very low risk investment for the Hawks.

chris98251

Reaction score
If nothing else he becomes an example for the other guys trying to get things straightened out in their heads, Pete won't tolerate not being all in. Having a kid with all this talent that wastes it with being a head case and being cut after given chances will be a good teaching aide if he fails.

sutz

Reaction score
Don't forget we have Ken Norton coaching D for us. Someone needs a butt kicking, I think he can foot the bill.

:twisted:

McGruff

Reaction score
sutz":vlo1lmcd said:
Don't forget we have Ken Norton coaching D for us. Someone needs a butt kicking, I think he can foot the bill.

:twisted:

And this guy . . .

Attachments

• 512x-e1483825695365.jpg
    512x-e1483825695365.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 3,468

Seahawkwalt1967

Reaction score
I was impressed by his highlights as well. He reminds me of Irvin. If anyone can mentor him it’s Coach Carrol. It wouldn’t surprise me if he starts down the road

endzorn

Reaction score
Bottom line is this is a zero risk practice squad signing for a kid who needs to grow up as a person before he grows into a solid player. If someone on this team can get through to him then we may have a landed a rotational rusher for the next few years.

getnasty

Reaction score
Motor on the field doesn't look like a problem. hopefully we can get his mind right.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Like I said in another thread if the Seahawks fix whatever issues Polite has mentally that held him back with Jets, get him to be more professional, and develop his potential Seahawks will have a player. IMO, if that can happen it negates losing Martin or makes you feel better about losing that 3rd rounder.

In the very least, it would be nice little consolation prize for the Jets screwing up the market value for MLBs making re-signing Wagner a little more difficult than it had to be.