Is this where Jimmy Grahams career ends?

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Our offensive line is so historically bad that our TE must be held to block.. right? At the same time receivers like Kearse and Baldwin, who are excellent route runners, are finding it hard to get separation in the 2.5 seconds before our QB is swallowed by an unblocked DE. Obviously Pete needs to make a change at least until Wilson regains some mobility. I think now is the time to take the offense to Jimmy!... Only put him in the slot and put Fant at TE to block. When Vannettt gets healthy let them alternate. This helps out the running game, adds a 6'7" athletic receiving target, and gives max protect to our suddenly immobile QB.

Bob Loblaw

Reaction score
Sadly , The petela isaybe the worst knee injury in the NFL. JG will never ever he the same. Can't think of one player who was ever the same or better after this Injury. So yes this is where his career ends. He has been stripped of everything that made him great.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
And his knee won't affect his ability to be 6' 7" tall with great hands!

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
He had three big catches in his second game back from the most horrific injury imaginable.

The Bevell hate is getting very silly now.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I've traditionally been against the Graham trade and how he's affected our offense as a whole, but he IS a Seahawk, he's starting to produce, and we need all the help we can get right now. Feeling like a beast is a damn good thing.

http://www.espn.com/blog/seattle-seahaw ... ke-a-beast

Seahawks TE Jimmy Graham: 'I feel like a beast'
9:29 PM PT
Sheil Kapadia
ESPN Writer
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Email
print
comment
RENTON, Wash. -- Following the Seattle Seahawks' 9-3 loss to the Los Angeles Rams Sunday, tight end Jimmy Graham was asked how he felt physically.

"Me? I feel fine," Graham said. "I feel the same. I feel like a beast. So I'll play more and more and get more and more opportunities. I just want to be there for my guys and be there for my team."

Graham saw a big increase in snaps in Week 2. He was on the field for 82 percent of the team's offensive plays (55 overall). In Week 1, he played just 17 snaps (21 percent overall).

He was targeted four times Sunday and caught three balls for 42 yards.

Earlier this month, it was unclear when Graham would get on the field. He was coming off a ruptured patellar tendon injury and did not play at all in the preseason.

But now Graham is playing starter-level snaps and could see a bigger role offensively in upcoming weeks, depending on the injuries to wide receiver Doug Baldwin (knee) and Tyler Lockett (knee).

"Jimmy played a lot of plays yesterday, which was good," Pete Carroll said. "Not quite as many targets that I know what everybody would like to see, but he did a really good job when the ball was thrown to him. He had some nice plays, blocking, he had a lot of play time. He's really in the groove to go, and that was significant that he was able to do that. That's a good deal for us."

According to ESPN Stats & Information, Graham has gone out into pass routes 62.1 percent of the time and blocked on 37.9 percent of his snaps.

He's still working his way back, but the first couple weeks have been encouraging for Graham, and he looks like he'll continue to be more involved in the offense as the weeks go on.

Latest posts