Is this Ohio State WR on the radar?

Chevy

Reaction score
It's not a great receiver class. But not only would JSN be a good match for us, but he's a damn good player. I would take him over both Ohio State WR's that came out last year (Olave/Wilson). If he's still somehow on the board when they pick at 20, you take him & feel great about it.

Tyler isn't getting any younger (30). JSN not only gives you a legit threat in the slot, but a long term replacement for Lockett.
Lockett is a more explosive player and we got him in the 3rd round. JSN was not the best WR on his team the last two years. So he benefitted to having better WRs to take the coverage off him. The best slot WR in the draft is North Carolinas WR Josh Downs. He has better initial quickness, is a good route runner, is better after the catch, and has great hands.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Lockett is a more explosive player and we got him in the 3rd round. JSN was not the best WR on his team the last two years. So he benefitted to having better WRs to take the coverage off him. The best slot WR in the draft is North Carolinas WR Josh Downs. He has better initial quickness, is a good route runner, is better after the catch, and has great hands.
We are not going to agree on this one.

Marvin Harrison might be the best receiver in college football. But JSN is the #1 guy in this class & will go earlier than maybe expected (top 15 pick). People seem to have a short memory because he didn't play for much of this past year. But the guy was projected as a top 10 pick before the season for a reason. His agility testing blew everyone out of the water. His short shuttle & 3 cone numbers we're elite.

Downs will be a 2nd round guy most likely. A good receiver. But I will rely on the evaluation of teams/scouts when it comes to when/where a player is selected. Downs will get drafted, but not before JSN for good reason.

Last edited:

Chevy

Reaction score
We are not going to agree on this one.

Marvin Harrison might be the best receiver in college football. But JSN is the #1 guy in this class & will go earlier than maybe expected (top 15 pick). People seem to have selected memory because he didn't play for much of this past year. But the guy was projected as a top 10 pick before the season for a reason. His agility testing blew everyone out of the water. His short shuttle & 3 cone numbers we're elite. Which is a great indicator for success at the next level.

Downs will be a 2nd round guy most likely. A good receiver. But I will rely on the evaluation of teams/scouts when it comes to when/where a player is selected. Downs will get drafted, but not before JSN for good reason.
That is a bit of the problem with scouting (online or TV scouts), they fall back on where the player was rated a year ago and don't come off that evaluation. Which is the case JSN.

You say you rely on teams/scouts, do you have insider knowledge to the Seahawks scouts? Do you call them for evaluations on prospects?

CactusJack

Reaction score
That is a bit of the problem with scouting (online or TV scouts), they fall back on where the player was rated a year ago and don't come off that evaluation. Which is the case JSN.

You say you rely on teams/scouts, do you have insider knowledge to the Seahawks scouts? Do you call them for evaluations on prospects?
I do. /s

I guess we'll find out on draft day, who was right!? ;)

Chevy

Reaction score
I do. /s

I guess we'll find out on draft day, who was right!? ;)
I like to debate prospects. But sometimes people cross the line with evaluations.

Tell John Schneider, I said hi the next time you talk to him a about WR prospects. : )

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Report on JSN from PFF. He was the #2 rated WR in 2021 ahead of both Olave and Wilson who were instant studs for their teams

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230323_214430_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230323_214430_Chrome.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20230323_214412_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230323_214412_Chrome.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 2

CactusJack

Reaction score
I like to debate prospects. But sometimes people cross the line with evaluations.

Tell John Schneider, I said hi the next time you talk to him a about WR prospects. : )
I enjoy a good debate myself. But some takes are just so egregious that it's hard to engage in one. ;)

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Based on some of the trades and contracts for WR they are a hot commodity. I expect an early run at WR.