Is this Ohio State WR on the radar?

kidhawk

Reaction score
There have been several mentions of him in the Ohio State Pro Day thread talking about Seahawks watching Stroud's Pro day. Some believe he's a possible prospective pick for us. I did some reading on him this morning and it sounds intriguing.

Edit to add link to the mentioned thread: https://www.seahawks.net/threads/pete-and-cj.187202/

James in PA

Reaction score
He's been mentioned plenty of times on this forum in the various draft threads. He'd be a great choice if we trade back. Don't think he'll last until our 2nd pick at 20.

kidhawk

Reaction score
He's been mentioned plenty of times on this forum in the various draft threads. He'd be a great choice if we trade back. Don't think he'll last until our 2nd pick at 20.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with this guy. In my research today, I've seen him ranked anywhere from 11 - 25 from different "experts".

sutz

Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see what happens with this guy. In my research today, I've seen him ranked anywhere from 11 - 25 from different "experts".
Yeah. Our problem is choosing between using that draft capital there when we need so much help on D. 🤷‍♂️

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
Based on JS/ PC history I would say no. WRs can be found anywhere in the draft. KC and Pittsburgh can find them in later rds and coach them up like Hawks can do with CBs

AgentDib

Reaction score
Yeah. Our problem is choosing between using that draft capital there when we need so much help on D. 🤷‍♂️
Any defensive players you are trending to in particular at #20? We still have definite needs at DT and ILB but it seems a bit rich to take those positions in the first round in this draft class unless Carter is on your board still.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Marvin Harrison will be a top 5 pick next year. Are we tanking?
We can trade the 5th pick this year to a team we think will be a top 5 pick team next year and then hopefully Harrison Jr can be picked up….

I think the Cardinals will still suck.

The Bears and Texans.

Let’s fleece one of these teams!

Lol.

CactusJack

Reaction score
In this offense (Waldron), JSN is Cooper Kupp. I'm all for it. But he's not falling to pick 20. His range is picks 10-15. Teams like Houston, NE & GB all have a need for a WR.

Rat

Reaction score
JSN would be a star in our offense. He'd be a nightmare in the slot for defenses this season, and then can be a replacement for Lockett in the near future.

5 is probably too high and 20 is probably too low, so it might require a trade-down from 5 or a trade-up from 20. I honestly wouldn't even be upset if we just took him fifth. I think the Bears at 9, the Titans at 11, and the Texans at 12 are all big threats to take him.

Mase

Reaction score
-- Teams may have a need at WR, but it does not mean they will address that need in first round. I listened to a discussion about a Mock draft that had us taking JSN at #20. One guy loved it, the other three said #20 was way to high to use on him. Not that they know anything more than you or me, but just shows the wide range he is in.

Mase

sutz

Reaction score
Any defensive players you are trending to in particular at #20? We still have definite needs at DT and ILB but it seems a bit rich to take those positions in the first round in this draft class unless Carter is on your board still.
I don't really know the individual players that well. My comment is more in general. I know some of the positional valuations say don't take DT here, but if you weigh the value of a 5th year option, maybe some of that 2d round talent is worth taking in the back end of the 1st. Just spitballing, though. I'm no draft guru.

Rat

Reaction score
I'm pretty zeroed in on O'Cyrus Torrence at #20, unless we can move up for JSN. The only defensive player projected in that range that I'd be excited about is Cancey, but his stock has been all over the place.

bileever

Reaction score

Chevy

Reaction score
I'm pretty zeroed in on O'Cyrus Torrence at #20, unless we can move up for JSN. The only defensive player projected in that range that I'd be excited about is Cancey, but his stock has been all over the place.
Torrence doesn't fit our blocking scheme. And JSN is good but overrated to drafted at #20.

getnasty

Reaction score
I feel like I've seen JSN mocked to us more then any other player. If that's the player they like at 20 I'm all for it.

CactusJack

Reaction score
JSN is a nice WR but not at #20.
It's not a great receiver class. But not only would JSN be a good match for us, but he's a damn good player. I would take him over both Ohio State WR's that came out last year (Olave/Wilson). If he's still somehow on the board when they pick at 20, you take him & feel great about it.

Tyler isn't getting any younger (30). JSN not only gives you a legit threat in the slot, but a long term replacement for Lockett.