Is there a rule I don't get?

Zephyr

Reaction score
There was at least 3 times in the second half of the game that a Seattle receiver caught the ball and went out of bounds and the game clock kept running.

This is from memory and I wasn't actually looking for this:
Turbin out of bounds at the 5'ish.
Zach Miller out of bounds and end of 3rd quarter.
I think it was Sidney Rice out of bounds in the 4th quarter.

Was the clock operator trying to screw us or is there something I don't get here?

manders2600

Reaction score
The clock starts back up when the ball is spotted, except the last two minutes of the first half and the last five minutes of the second half.

Joshoeuh

Reaction score
The clock only stops if someone goes out of bounds in the last 2 minutes of the 1st half and the last 5 minutes of the second half, as far as I know.

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
They changed the rules a while back....here's what I could dig up:

Clock Change

Before the 1993 season, if a player went out of bounds with the ball, the clock would stop and not resume until the ball was snapped on the next play. However, in an attempt by the NFL to get the game to move more quickly, the rule was changed to stop the clock long enough to set the ball at the line of scrimmage. At that point, the referee gives the signal to the clock operator to resume the countdown of the game clock. This does not apply during the last two minutes of the first half and the last five minutes of the second half.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/52506 ... z2HuV7btcz

SeatownJay

Reaction score
The clock only stops when the ball carrier goes out of bounds in the last 2 minutes of the first half and the last 5 minutes of the second half.