Is seattle a bully?

sekiuHAWK

Reaction score
I have heard it all season from the media... however, I have a different take. I think we are the kid that stands up to the bully..... if people talk we don't back down. Sherman never starts things.... he just responds... Look at Bennett's comment about Jimmy. The Rams acted like thugs a few weeks back and the Seahawks stood up to them. Love the fact that we don't start it but we finish it...

MLOhawks

Reaction score
I sure hope so. I love the hate from other fanbases and teams. I heard stories about the old Raiders and they sounded badass.

My favorite teams are the types who beat your ass and then tell you about it.

Gametime

Reaction score
sekiuHAWK":1syuo2re said:
I have heard it all season from the media... however, I have a different take. I think we are the kid that stands up to the bully..... if people talk we don't back down. Sherman never starts things.... he just responds... Look at Bennett's comment about Jimmy. The Rams acted like thugs a few weeks back and the Seahawks stood up to them. Love the fact that we don't start it but we finish it...

I think we do start things sometimes but I'd lean more toward your stance. How many guys on our team are typical #1, first round, kinda guys? That would make them bullies. The Hawks have built their core around the unnoticed and under appreciated guys that have had to fight and scrap for every inch of respect.

They aren't bullies. They just don't take crap from anyone! They don't back down and "soft" isn't in their DNA. I love it!

OrFan

Reaction score
When you are that good you don't need to be a bully, you just impose your will.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
It's all about Talkin' the Talk! We Walk the Walk, however! There is a big difference between being a "dirty player" and being a "tough as nails" player.
The Saints were intentionally trying to hurt our players! Dirty Bastards!

Kixkahn

Reaction score
Bully is a sissy word for wimps that can't stand up for themselves. I am so sick of hearing that word be it about schools or sports.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Maybe Sea/SF could be seen as "bullies". But more than that I think they are two teams playing football like men, and how it was supposed to be played, and not falling in line with the wussification that is going on. Soft teams/fans don't like that.

Its a "they" problem , not a "we" (Sea/SF/Car) problem.

VaporHawk

Reaction score

willyum

Reaction score
it seems like teams that come to Seattle try to match the Seahawks physicality and silence the crowd, they focus so much on trying to deliver punishment and trash talk that they miss regular assignments and get stupid penalties. Rams and Saints perfect examples.

but of course, they end up getting out muscled in the departments that really matter (blocking/getting off blocks and not missing tackles) rather than on just taking guys out.

Kam Chancellor is a good example of this team's toughness. Controlled chaos. When you see him tackling a ball carrier, its always extremely violent looking, but he rarely gets out of control and miss the tackle like a lot of "enforcers" do. (Im looking at you Donte Whitner)

as well as Lynch, of course. Yea, hes looking for contact and runs guys over, but hes always looking to get upfield and get yards, rather than just look for people to punish

chris98251

Reaction score
Bullies, no, instigators at times yes, Bully is typically someone that takes advantage of physical size and or strength to intimidate someone weaker and unable or unwilling or afraid to defend themselves or leads a group to do it.

I don't think anyone in the NFL is smaller over all then another team really, we may provoke a reaction and get into peoples head, we play a physical brand of football is all. Were looked at as bad boys and thats fine, we cause teams to play out of their character and out of their game plans.

We have bigger corners then the rest of the league, but they are not that much bigger then a lot of the receivers they cover.