Is Russell Wilson Fake?

chris98251

Reaction score
Russell is just an improved version of an older model.

westworld-remake-on-hbo-what-you-need-to-know-a-sculpture-of-brynner-s-character-565524.jpg

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3rg06ch4 said:
I've got nothing to prove to you and I said I was going to stay out of this thread and that's what I'm doing (hence the deleted posts). You did miss the point entirely though (including your perception of who I said I know). It has nothing to do with me, who I know (which I equated to business execs), what RW has overcome as a QB, or anything else but RW's character type and general corporate facade. You decided to change the subject and make it about me and that's fine...it's merely a transparent deflection.

This whole discussion seems based on an unwritten premise that, unless somebody bares their sole to the mass media, they are somehow 'a fake.' He doesn't owe that to anybody other that his family and closest friends. Not many of us live under a microscope as he does.

I REALLY can't wait for the season to start. I find it perplexing and a bit annoying how threads such as this gain traction.

Anthony!

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":2d700ll9 said:
vin.couve12":2d700ll9 said:
I've got nothing to prove to you and I said I was going to stay out of this thread and that's what I'm doing (hence the deleted posts). You did miss the point entirely though (including your perception of who I said I know). It has nothing to do with me, who I know (which I equated to business execs), what RW has overcome as a QB, or anything else but RW's character type and general corporate facade. You decided to change the subject and make it about me and that's fine...it's merely a transparent deflection.

This whole discussion seems based on an unwritten premise that, unless somebody bares their sole to the mass media, they are somehow 'a fake.' He doesn't owe that to anybody other that his family and closest friends. Not many of us live under a microscope as he does.

I REALLY can't wait for the season to start. I find it perplexing and a bit annoying how threads such as this gain traction.

Agreed, but for some they have to or maybe even need to think negatively. In this world there are 3 types of people those how look for good, those who want to find bad, and those who take things for what they are. In this situation those looking for good will focus on the message, the facts, etc. Those looking for bad will try to read into things or try to find something that is not even there. Those who take it for face value will say okay good for him.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Mtjhoyas":3vbtu5ex said:
Let's just get a few things out of the way.

1) Everybody is allowed to have an opinion, no matter how unpopular it may be.
2) Everybody puts on a facade/act. Everybody. If you claim to have not done that, then you've never left your house, been in a relationship, or interviewed for a job.
3) Social Media has now given a platform for everyone to be heard, and that's not necessarily a good thing (IMO). A vocal minority or contrarians are given more fuel because they are more easily heard.
4) Look up the term "Iconoclast." In essence, people who are held up in high regard usually face resistance from others who try to tear them down. This has been perpetuated nowadays, thanks to point 3 (which has it's positives and negatives).

With that out of the way; anybody who has high ambitions, no matter what that may be in life is bound to write a scripted image of who they are and what they want to be. There's no other way to achieve a goal or become who you want to be, without "acting" like it (developing habits, persona, etc).

Most of us are not gifted enough (in any capacity) to simply wake up and achieve greatness by accident. Russell has been blessed with gifts, but not to the point where he simply needs to get out of bed in the morning. He has spent his life (quite literally) with extreme discipline and routine to achieve what he wants to achieve. Part of this, is acting like the person you want to be. If I want to become the CEO at my company; then it would behoove me to act and dress a certain way. Russell is simply "playing the part" of who he wants to be. It's that simple. I can understand that it rubs people the wrong way, but to say that is "fake," is definitely not fair.

Fake is pretending you help out the community. Russell actually does. He's not doing the typical player-forced community activities that many pro athletes are legitimately forced to do. Children's Hospital is just one example of something that a fake person would not do. A fake person would do that once and pretend they do it all the time. Russell does it all the time, and consistently.

The best example of someone "being real," is Cam Newton after the Super Bowl. Did he receive too much crap about it? For sure. But, there is a reason that people "put on an act," so they don't come across like he did. In Russell's case, he didn't want to seem like a cry baby when he lost the SB, so he "acted" like someone who wasn't a cry baby. Do we really think he wasn't pissed off? Or didn't want to tell reporters to shove it? I have no doubt he used this as positive fuel, but RW is smart enough to understand that how you "act" when faced with adversity, has a big impact on his image.

This was longer than I wanted it to be, but all of us put on an act of how we want people to perceive us. In RW's, people simply don't like the "good guy" image, and will use whatever they can to tear that down. Embellishing a story in a speech meant to motivate students doesn't make him a bad guy or a phony. It's theatre. I wish we could leave it at that.

Spot on mostly, but I don't think he was pissed off after sb49... I am sure he felt emotions but quickly changed it to a positive outlook, as a man of faith one thing it teaches you is overall perspective... If you trust in God, even the bad things happen for a greater good or reason.. I have no doubt about wilsons resolve in that regard.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":1uptg33w said:
HawKnPeppa":1uptg33w said:
vin.couve12":1uptg33w said:

Agreed, but for some they have to or maybe even need to think negatively. In this world there are 3 types of people those how look for good, those who want to find bad, and those who take things for what they are. In this situation those looking for good will focus on the message, the facts, etc. Those looking for bad will try to read into things or try to find something that is not even there. Those who take it for face value will say okay good for him.

That's just it, we have some here that have taken a smattering of publicized information, and then went about assuming that they have the whole of an individual categorized and then tied up in a nice neat package.
They totally dismiss all the complexities of an individual, they make generalizations and then, like those yahoos on that radio show, go about making claims that they KNOW what a guy is thinking, or that they have an inside track, and are just one step ahead of everyone else.

Crizilla

Reaction score
i have no issues with Wilson. He's had a tough life, knows more about life than most, was repeatedly told he couldn't be a QB. Proved everyone wrong. It's a great story. You can't please everybody.

Rob12

Reaction score
Really disappointed that this thread gets so much burn in our HOME... .NET.

There's a manicured personality there, but I believe Russell probably has a bigger heart than 99 percent of the posters here. I really don't mean any offense with that comment. I'm included in that. This thread is proof enough for me. I think he genuinely believes most of what he says. If there was a red flag, it would have been found by now.

The biggest interactive Seahawks site on the internet and our QB, the face of our franchise, is being teared down. Sad day for me.

Rob12

Reaction score
kearly":1yxvwzdi said:
As hgwellz12 says, everyone is at least a little fake some of the time. It's just part of being a human being in society. So really the question should be "Is Russell more fake than most?" I would say no, because he actually lives the life he ascribes to.

I think a more accurate description of Wilson would be to say that he's corny and lacks self awareness.

"Lacks self awareness."

That's a bold statement, and I am curious to read why you believe that. Please elaborate.

Rob12

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1ntc10d9 said:
I like Russell. I like how much time he gives to others.

I just wish he didn't publicize every good deed he does. Makes him look self serving even though I'm sure he isn't.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I see it as the opposite. When he posts a picture of him with a cancer-ridden child on Tuesdays, it makes me want to get out and do something meaningful, too. I really don't think it's self-serving. I think it's his way of trying to be an example. And people's lives are broadcasted on social media, even normal, run-of-the-mill people. I don't have a problem with it. His activeness in the community often makes me question myself on why I'm not doing more.

Rob12

Reaction score
McGruff":1lwd0klo said:
When you are a public figure, whether in arts, sports or business, your image is important. What you portray to the public is important. That doesn't make it fake, but it does make it filtered.

Russell Wilson is a genuinely good guy who cares about doing good things. He's also a hard worker. He's student and a learner as well as a leader ans a business man. These are all PART of who Russell Wilson is, and as a public figure, its the PART that he lets the world see.

Undoubtedly there are other PARTS to Russell Wilson that he keeps private. And that's okay. All public figures do it. They put the totality of their person through a public filter. That doesn't make them fake. He is what he genuinely portrays, but that's not ALL he is.

Absolutely, perfectly said.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Rob12":ig43d20m said:
Really disappointed that this thread gets so much burn in our HOME... .NET.

There's a manicured personality there, but I believe Russell probably has a bigger heart than 99 percent of the posters here. I really don't mean any offense with that comment. I'm included in that. This thread is proof enough for me. I think he genuinely believes most of what he says. If there was a red flag, it would have been found by now.

The biggest interactive Seahawks site on the internet and our QB, the face of our franchise, is being teared down. Sad day for me.

That's why I've been so vociferous about this subject.
To me, some of the posters have taken a very small bit of information, grew some industrial size balls, and now consider themselves psychologists extraordinaire.
Fact is, the more they know, the more they realize they don't know....Learning is a life long gig. :th2thumbs:

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Didnt read the thread or the article, because honestly, i dont care if people think he's fake or not.

He's a good teammate. And a good role model. A very visible person doing great things in the community. I really couldnt care less if its fake or not. IMO it all seems pretty genuine to me though.

He did obviously get butt implants though. That ass is fake.

chris98251

Reaction score
hgwellz12":13atm5vx said:
This site needs a 'LIKE/DISLIKE' button like nobodies business.
'E-Dap' @Rob12. I rocks with you, folk.

Why would we need that? Things are to easy as it is, now instead of typing out a response you want a button to do it for you .

RussB

Reaction score
No hes just a good dude. Just like any pro athlete he has to act nice in front of the media and he gets hate for that , you hear nothing but nice things about him from ppl that know him and his teammates.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
As long as he keeps winning, I don't care if he's more "fake" than Barbie's boyfriend.

HansGruber

Reaction score
We are defined by our actions. When a person acts the same way over a period of time, that is who they are. There is no "fake" or "real".

Actions speak louder than words.

I would only care if the criticism came from someone who does more charity work than Russell. Otherwise, sit down and shut up. You haven't earned the right to criticize.

Latest posts