Is Last year's record how good this team is?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Those who have prophesized a 3-4 win season are riding on the notion that our Quarterback play is going to shit the bed, Me?, I say, that both Smith (who's no longer gathering dust on the bench, sitting behind Russell Wilson) and has devoted this whole offseason working with a well-respected Quarterbacks Coach, and is raring to get back in the thick of things, along with Lock, who is looking to come back with a vengeance.
Both these guys have a chip on their shoulders.
I don't share the same QUIT as the naysayers, they say that they're just being realists I say that they are just being Pessimists.
Don't borrow Bummer. LOL

toffee

Reaction score
Those who have prophesized a 3-4 win season are riding on the notion that our Quarterback play is going to shit the bed, Me?, I say, that both Smith (who's no longer gathering dust on the bench, sitting behind Russell Wilson) and has devoted this whole offseason working with a well-respected Quarterbacks Coach, and is raring to get back in the thick of things, along with Lock, who is looking to come back with a vengeance.
Both these guys have a chip on their shoulders.
I don't share the same QUIT as the naysayers, they say that they're just being realists I say that they are just being Pessimists.
Don't borrow Bummer. LOL
We are in an unique situation that we are having a gap year, it's fair that media talking heads, and experts are down on Lock and Geno as these two haven't done anything to inspire confidence. BUT we have the luxury to ride these two for a year, and hey, one or both of them may surprise us too.

94Smith

Reaction score
What makes you think the defense will improve? You lost two of your best players. Wagner was the heart and soul of your whole team. Reed was your best corner. Adams is injured right now? Young guys will take some time to step up. Even IF Lock/Geno can provide average QB play this unit is going to have to step up. It's tough for the offense to score points if they are on the sidelines

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
I think you forgot that the season now has 17 games. So it could be a 7-10 team or an 8-9 team, but not a 7-9 team unless you think they're going to miss a game.

If I'm reading him right, 7-9 was not his prediction of overall record, but rather a range of wins--7 to 9 possible wins.

toffee

Reaction score
What makes you think the defense will improve? You lost two of your best players. Wagner was the heart and soul of your whole team. Reed was your best corner. Adams is injured right now? Young guys will take some time to step up. Even IF Lock/Geno can provide average QB play this unit is going to have to step up. It's tough for the offense to score points if they are on the sidelines
Perfectly logical!

Lagartixa

Reaction score
This is a 7-9 win team based on the talent level. Now, if the defense really plays well and a QB steps up maybe the ceiling is higher. But lets stick with what we know.

I then replied
I think you forgot that the season now has 17 games. So it could be a 7-10 team or an 8-9 team, but not a 7-9 team unless you think they're going to miss a game.

And then @Ad Hawk said
If I'm reading him right, 7-9 was not his prediction of overall record, but rather a range of wins--7 to 9 possible wins.

And having gone back and looked at @Scout's post, I agree. I misread it the first time, and my reply was to my misreading of the post. It's now clear to me that @Scout was saying this is a seven-to-nine-win team, not a 7-9 team.

The funny-to-me thing is that just last night, I was on the opposite side of the same kind of misunderstanding. I wrote something in a WhatsApp conversation and the other person misread what I had written and thought I was saying something quite different from what I was actually saying.

Sorry, @Scout. And good catch, @Ad Hawk.

toffee

Reaction score
I then replied

And then @Ad Hawk said

And having gone back and looked at @Scout's post, I agree. I misread it the first time, and my reply was to my misreading of the post. It's now clear to me that @Scout was saying this is a seven-to-nine-win team, not a 7-9 team.

The funny-to-me thing is that just last night, I was on the opposite side of the same kind of misunderstanding. I wrote something in a WhatsApp conversation and the other person misread what I had written and thought I was saying something quite different from what I was actually saying.

Sorry, @Scout. And good catch, @Ad Hawk.
Loving this, totally gentlemanly. Oooops gentlewomanly too.

keasley45

Reaction score
I think some of you guys are forgetting about the injury. If Wilson did not get injured last season, we would have been one of the top teams in the NFC again. As i mention before, if you dont include the Greenbay game, the Seahawks would have been ranked 6th overall in offensive points per game. Wilson has produce top 10 scoring just about every year w/ Seahawks. I dont see us having a top 10 offensive team. So our defense will need to be beyond elite to have success.

So answer this team is worse then 7-10. Geno went 1-3, so by average im going to go w 4-13 or 5-12.

Not when with the worst average drive duration, lowest plays per drive in the league and near worst in 3rd down conversion.

We were 2-2 before he got hurt and were at or near league worst in all of the above categories at that point. We just got worse after.

Big splash plays and explosive TDs mask a lot. The stats looked great, the actual efficiency of the offense... not so much.

The Seahawks offense has been the posterchild for that fact for many years now.

rcaido

Reaction score
Not when with the worst average drive duration, lowest plays per drive in the league and near worst in 3rd down conversion.

We were 2-2 before he got hurt and were at or near league worst in all of the above categories at that point. We just got worse after.

Big splash plays and explosive TDs mask a lot. The stats looked great, the actual efficiency of the offense... not so much.

The Seahawks offense has been the posterchild for that fact for many years now.
Keep cherry picking stats. I mean the seahawks has the second most wins this decade in the nfl. If those stats matter we would not be winning let alone having one of the best win percentage of team sports during that decade.

gidders

Reaction score
Who's the best player on this team? who is the leader? how many players would be attracting interest from potential superbowl teams? PC is a defensive minded coach, at which he excelled for years, it's a different ballgame now. If bellichek is struggling post Brady what does that tell you? You need talent at the key positions and this team is way short of being competitive. Money talks and yes Dk is a plus but do you really think he would rather be in KC or SC? if he had ambition it was soothed by a lucrative pay day.

keasley45

Reaction score
Keep cherry picking stats. I mean the seahawks has the second most wins this decade in the nfl. If those stats matter we would not be winning let alone having one of the best win percentage of team sports during that decade.

You don't cherry pick stats like those. They are part of the reason the team hasn't been anywhere of worth.

You can splash your way to wins in the regular season. The only teams that win in the playoffs are the ones that don't show the Achilles heal that we had.

keasley45

Reaction score
Who's the best player on this team? who is the leader? how many players would be attracting interest from potential superbowl teams? PC is a defensive minded coach, at which he excelled for years, it's a different ballgame now. If bellichek is struggling post Brady what does that tell you? You need talent at the key positions and this team is way short of being competitive. Money talks and yes Dk is a plus but do you really think he would rather be in KC or SC? if he had ambition it was soothed by a lucrative pay day.
If you don't see the talent on this team, I don't know what to tell you.

Let's talk mid season.

OP
OP
R

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score

Let's talk mid season.

I think to many people are freaked out because they think the Hawks do not have a QB. Nobody is putting Lock or Geno in the position to have to compete with Wilsons stats or status... I mean isn't that the point? Isn't that what was wrong with the Hawks in the first place? A QB with an ego that didn't want to see anything but his own stats and stature... what's different now? well, from my perspective all Geno or Lock has to do is get the ball to his play makers and LET THE DIVERSITY OF OFFENSIVE TALLENT BRING OUT THE BRILLIANCE OF THE OFFENSIVE SCHEME. Thats the way I see it.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I think to many people are freaked out because they think the Hawks do not have a QB.
I mean, maybe some people are "freaked out". I'm not "freaked out".

But I do know barring some massive turnaround for Lock that this team doesn't have a starting QB on the roster. Many NFL teams don't. Some of them for many seasons in a row. And with rare exception they're never good.

It was a good couple of decades. If things revert to before that and we don't sniff a playoff game for a decade or win one for nearly two, at least we have something better to look back on than "almost won an AFC Championship game one time".

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
All I know is that most unbiased types out there that make a livelihood covering football think our QBs suck and a few Seahawk homers think they are hidden gems. Time will tell but I haven’t trusted PCs talent evaluation skills for half a decade to the point I think he had little say in this last draft after screwing up so much over the last few.

i think there is talent and I liked the last draft and I think we will have some players step up just not at QB

thats why it is so frustrating not to address the QB position and have a decent non playoff year instead of a 5-12 stinker. We

Fade

Reaction score

Let's talk mid season.
If you don't see the horrible coaching on this team, I don't know what to tell you.

Let's talk mid season.

ivotuk

Reaction score
LOL. For the first time in 10 years, the Seahawks actually had to play with a backup QB for half the season. I'm sorry, but 95% of the league had their starting QB injured at least once in the last 10 years. It was about time the Seahawks were brought back to earth.

I also say that all those that talk crap about Wilson are going to miss him when/if your QB play really struggles in the coming season. You were spoiled with Wilson, and you didn't even notice and clearly don't appreciate it.
Incorrect.

Look before you leap. At all those #3 Jerseys, at all the posters on here over the last decade who've been called Homers for talking up RW, and griping about the lack of league wide respect for RW (Never A SINGLE MVP VOTE!) And the undying support he received, even as his lack of love for Seattle became apparent.

I say again, Incorrect.

Last edited:

ivotuk

Reaction score

EDITED TO ADD: I now know that I misread what @Scout wrote.
An honest poster! Good to see my man. 👍