Is keap really better than Boykin?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":37zu0o49 said:
Siouxhawk":37zu0o49 said:
Boykin has improved a ton and is full of confidence. Kaepernick is yesterday's news and would be a good addition to the Arena League.

Actually a better league for Kaep would be CFL. He could lock onto his receiver and it would not really matter as they have the option of moving 3 or 4 receivers at the same time. He could look into the crowd, wave at his besty, and then throw to his primary receiver. I watched some CFL a few weeks ago on a night off and it was interesting.
Think of the irony there, but I get your point :2thumbs:
Hey, it worked for Warren Moon.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm surprised more guys don't go play up in Canada. It has helped some players who were able to come back to the NFL or get their start. Might as well go play and keep those skills on point.

sutz

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3nr7f282 said:
I'm surprised more guys don't go play up in Canada. It has helped some players who were able to come back to the NFL or get their start. Might as well go play and keep those skills on point.
I believe there are limits on how many Americans can play on each Canadian team. ;)

Popeyejones

Reaction score
brimsalabim":amfy780h said:
Difficult to compare the two because we've never seen Kaep play behind an offensive line this bad.

You're also evaluating Boykin playing against backups in the first pre-season game for which teams don't even scheme against each other as they're still establishing and working on the basic things they'll be doing, while also holding things back.

Put another way, Kaepernick has had better performances in the playoffs than Boykin had against backups that weren't even scheming to stop him. I don't even see how you can make the comparison.

Another feather in Kaepernick's cap is he hasn't been arrested (let alone multiple times) and isn't just killing time until the suspension from the league comes.

OP
OP
425HawkSpark

425HawkSpark

Reaction score
Popeyejones":lbu9yu39 said:
brimsalabim":lbu9yu39 said:
Difficult to compare the two because we've never seen Kaep play behind an offensive line this bad.

You're also evaluating Boykin playing against backups in the first pre-season game for which teams don't even scheme against each other as they're still establishing and working on the basic things they'll be doing, while also holding things back.

Put another way, Kaepernick has had better performances in the playoffs than Boykin had against backups that weren't even scheming to stop him. I don't even see how you can make the comparison.

Another feather in Kaepernick's cap is he hasn't been arrested (let alone multiple times) and isn't just killing time until the suspension from the league comes.

How many years ago has keep been in a playoff game? Been a few. His skills declined year after year and we all called it out here on .net. he never had a strong mental aspect of the game and it's only getting worse. I'll take Boykin with a fearless upside over a few playoff games experience. Heck Cutler has been in the playoffs he must be great....

OP
OP
425HawkSpark

425HawkSpark

Reaction score
I wanted keep as a back up for 1 year so we can get a fat comp pick in hopes he signs again. But from a talent perspective I see Boykin even with keap with less mental mistakes.

chris98251

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":ckqm3c52 said:
Seahawkfan80":ckqm3c52 said:
Siouxhawk":ckqm3c52 said:
Boykin has improved a ton and is full of confidence. Kaepernick is yesterday's news and would be a good addition to the Arena League.

Actually a better league for Kaep would be CFL. He could lock onto his receiver and it would not really matter as they have the option of moving 3 or 4 receivers at the same time. He could look into the crowd, wave at his besty, and then throw to his primary receiver. I watched some CFL a few weeks ago on a night off and it was interesting.
Think of the irony there, but I get your point :2thumbs:
Hey, it worked for Warren Moon.

Warren Moon never needed the CFL to get his game right, he was legit from day 1, he just had a darker skin pigment and in that era the mentality was Black QB's didn't have what it takes to be in the NFL, he proved them all wrong of course.

netskier

Reaction score
I don't know the answer to the question, but my guess is that Kap is better than Boykin, and I believe that Pete thinks so.

My bartender told me last week during the Chargers game that Pete offered Kap 900K, but Kap refused it. Based on this, I infer that Pete thinks Kap is better than Boykin.

I asked my bartender, Jim, how he knew this, and he told me that Pete told him. I asked him how often he talks with Pete, and Jim said weekly or more, that they go way back, 25 years or so. I asked Jim if this info about Kap was classified, and I should keep it secret, and he told me to tell anyone I wanted.

Jim lives in Torrance, which borders Hermosa Beach, where Pete lives, part of the year.

netskier

Reaction score
I was tired. Actually, North Redondo Beach is between Hermosa Beach and Torrance. And North Redondo Beach does not touch the Pacific. Hey, it is California.

sutz

Reaction score
After two pre-season games, Boykin is looking pretty solid as the #2.

Kaep would be a luxury as a backup, anyway.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'm happy with him so far. He looks poised and confident in there to be honest.

Austin Davis would also work as a backup. I wouldn't worry about either guy, but Boykin seems to be out playing him.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He does look more confident. But he still throws some ridiculous passes in to coverage, when he clearly has a check down. A little too much Brett Favre in that guy. He had a near Pick downfield, when Collins was standing there wide open a few yards away. You can't just force it like that.

Latest posts