Irrelevant

sprhawk73

Reaction score
It's pretty amazing how one bad trade deal can make everything so meaningless. We can't get better in the draft and winning really isn't going to make much of a difference.

At least when we lost in the 80's we had Largent. With RW out, there really isn't any point to watching these games.

Spohawks

Reaction score
Its so funny how many different emotions we go through as Seahawks fans. In this turbulent time of its early in the season with a billion games to go but sitting with a losing record is the worst. I know 90% of you have thought "we are going to the playoffs" and "the season is over" all in the last week...its a crazy time.

Its all about perspective. If somehow the NFL could have shown the Saints Vs Seahawks game 4 days after the last draft but the only stipulation was the 2nd string QB is going to play, would you watch it? Would you pay $20 to watch it? I would have.

So just lighten up and enjoy what we have...it won't be to long before the dreaded months of nothing shows back up.

Fade

Reaction score
sprhawk73":17g69zb9 said:
It's pretty amazing how one bad trade deal can make everything so meaningless. We can't get better in the draft and winning really isn't going to make much of a difference.

At least when we lost in the 80's we had Largent. With RW out, there really isn't any point to watching these games.

It wasn't just one bad trade deal. It's been a culmination of bad moves for YEARS. Compounding on top of one another for YEARS.

It's like when a guy has a heart attack and dies from eating a greasy burger. It wasn't that one particular burger that killed him, but years of poor diet and lack of exercise that killed him.

Jamal Adams is just the cherry on top of a S*** Sundae.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
sprhawk73":1imp5hw5 said:

If I made it through the 1992 season, I can watch anything.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
sprhawk73":vasuupzs said:

The Graham and Jamal Adams trades really messed up this team. Graham brought numbers, but at the cost of the O-line being able to execute which shuts down an entire offense. Jamal brought numbers last year with sacks, but at the cost of giving up yards when he's not getting sacks and of course this team's future with the draft picks.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It is disappointing that our entire plan for a backup QB is:
We hope we don't need a backup QB.

Hope is not a plan.

You should have a capable backup that can keep you in a game, expecting 1 game a year you might need him. Just do to caution (concussion protocol) or illness. We had nothing. Nothing viable anyway.

The one good thing about this is to highlight just how much garbage in our coaching and gameplan was papered over with Wilson's talent and skill.

But it is mindblowing that we would:

1 - Not put an effective backup QB on the roster
2 - Barely bother with having an effective center on the roster, almost no backup plan
3 - Move an effective piece around (Damien Lewis) to a position he is ineffective

And expect this would work, all on our team that literally depends on the health of its QB to even be reasonably effective.

If anything, knowing how important Wilson is, we should have done everything possible to keep him upright and made sure that we had a backup QB that could play effectively with this iffish protection (Minshew would have been a good backup that could avoid pressure and throw on the run, as an example.)

But our entire plan, again, seemed to be: We hope Russ does not get injured.
Again: Hope Is Not A Plan.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":vgsp78az said:

Hope is not a plan.

You should have a capable backup that can keep you in a game, expecting 1 game a year you might need him. Just do to caution (concussion protocol) or illness. We had nothing. Nothing viable anyway..

Smith is a capable backup, one of the better ones in the league actually.

But that's the NFL, what teams don't have a significant drop off from their starter to backup? Only the bottom feeders with a terrible starting QB to begin with, that's who.

Now why we haven't done a MUCH better job of drafting and developing QB's to either use as a backup (to the 1-2M a year), or trade for picks is the real question if we're talking about the QB position.

It's probably the #1 reason no fan should want to trade Russell, Pete and John have been terrible at evaluating the QB position, before and during Russell's tenure.

Does anyone want to go back to the Flynn, Whitehurst years? Or have a future of more of that?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
As strange as it sounds, there are absolutely people who want Russ gone. Even if it means back to mediocre at best.
Makes zero sense, but it's the truth. Be careful what you wish for.

onepicknick1

Reaction score
Fade":2hl8qnia said:
sprhawk73":2hl8qnia said:

It wasn't just one bad trade deal. It's been a culmination of bad moves for YEARS. Compounding on top of one another for YEARS.

It's like when a guy has a heart attack and dies from eating a greasy burger. It wasn't that one particular burger that killed him, but years of poor diet and lack of exercise that killed him.

Jamal Adams is just the cherry on top of a S*** Sundae.

What a way and a correct way of looking at things. I have no Ideal why they stink at getting or Drafting a good line on both sides of the ball I think Pete thinks he's the master of the game just like Andy Reid I said the Chiefs won't make it back to the Superbowl and watch they won't.

The Defense and Offense are antiquated to say the least doesn't matter who the Coordinators are they just look the same every year 3rd and 16 Screen pass not even an attempt to get the first down you'd think with three different OC's this would change but it doesn't.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3vbyrrpq said:
As strange as it sounds, there are absolutely people who want Russ gone. Even if it means back to mediocre at best.
Makes zero sense, but it's the truth. Be careful what you wish for.

It's hard not to buy into this sort of desperation when you're 2-4 and don't have a 1st round pick next year or have hope that the regime of Pete and John can turn this franchise around.

So I can't fault people for wanting to trade our biggest asset for the most picks possible.

BUT, again, I can't trust Pete to use those picks well. So unless Pete's gone I don't want to hear any trade Russell nonsense.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":rj6d57bk said:
TwistedHusky":rj6d57bk said:

Hope is not a plan.

You should have a capable backup that can keep you in a game, expecting 1 game a year you might need him. Just do to caution (concussion protocol) or illness. We had nothing. Nothing viable anyway..

But that's the NFL, what teams don't have a significant drop off from their starter to backup? Only the bottom feeders with a terrible starting QB to begin with, that's who.

There are quite a few teams that can't even field a starter markedly better than Geno Smith. The idea that you just have a large pool of good backups who are decent starters available is wild.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2cc3jhke said:
sprhawk73":2cc3jhke said:

I was at the Monday Night game where we won in OT. My buddy and I savored every last second of it! I don't think we left the stadium for 30 mins after the game was over. Probably a little hazy from the King beers.

Edit: Ha, I just looked up the stats. We didn't score more than 17 the entire season. Yeah, it was frustrating.

Rat

Reaction score
I agree; the Jamal Adams disaster has really taken the wind out of our sails. You can say it's one trade, but it's starting to feel like the NFL equivalent of the Brooklyn Nets trading their future for Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett in 2013. If they weren't in such a large media market, they'd probably still be reeling from that. Hopefully a Kevin Durant will want to sign with Seattle in the offseason.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HomerJHawk":31sv4xan said:
Sgt. Largent":31sv4xan said:
sprhawk73":31sv4xan said:

I was at the Monday Night game where we won in OT. My buddy and I savored every last second of it! I don't think we left the stadium for 30 mins after the game was over. Probably a little hazy from the King beers.

Edit: Ha, I just looked up the stats. We didn't score more than 17 the entire season. Yeah, it was frustrating.

I've never felt sorrier for a player in my lifetime then I did for Cortez Kennedy during the 1992 season.

I can't even imagine the level of frustration and hopelessness he must have felt watching that horrific Gelbaugh led offense crap the bed and struggle to even get the ball over midfield week after week.

So yeah, I'm good on watching Hawks forever now, win or lose.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1hxme2n3 said:
If anything, knowing how important Wilson is, we should have done everything possible to keep him upright and made sure that we had a backup QB that could play effectively with this iffish protection (Minshew would have been a good backup that could avoid pressure and throw on the run, as an example.)

But our entire plan, again, seemed to be: We hope Russ does not get injured.
Again: Hope Is Not A Plan.

I was told the center position was going to be just fine after the addition of Gabe Jackson and there was no need to draft or upgrade because the Eskridge pick as the 3rd receiver spot was vital instead of drafting Creed Humphrey when he was still on the board.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":ojnnwfno said:
TwistedHusky":ojnnwfno said:

Hope is not a plan.

Now why we haven't done a MUCH better job of drafting and developing QB's to either use as a backup (to the 1-2M a year), or trade for picks is the real question if we're talking about the QB position.

It's probably the #1 reason no fan should want to trade Russell, Pete and John have been terrible at evaluating the QB position, before and during Russell's tenure.

Does anyone want to go back to the Flynn, Whitehurst years? Or have a future of more of that?

They went fishing all over before Wilson, but they wanted Tannehill and Mahomes or liked both in the draft, so I think the eye is there but opportunity may not be.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1qjev6s4 said:
Gabe Jackson is a Guard

Correct, and his addition was supposedly all that was needed to sure up the center position. It was said that Pocic was hamstrung because he was always having to help block the LGs man too. I called BS on it then as I call BS on it now. The center position was and continues to be a problem position and should have been addressed.