Irrelevant

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1qgwa8b5 said:
SoulfishHawk":1qgwa8b5 said:
Gabe Jackson is a Guard

Correct, and his addition was supposedly all that was needed to sure up the center position. It was said that Pocic was hamstrung because he was always having to help block the LGs man too. I called BS on it then as I call BS on it now. The center position was and continues to be a problem position and should have been addressed.

The D-line continues to be a problem.

The defensive back position continues to be a problem.

The O-line continues to be a problem.

The O-coordinator and D-coordinator position continues to be a problem.

The drafting continues to be a problem.

Focusing on just the center position is losing the lead here.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1jwad2oe said:
pittpnthrs":1jwad2oe said:
SoulfishHawk":1jwad2oe said:
Gabe Jackson is a Guard

Correct, and his addition was supposedly all that was needed to sure up the center position. It was said that Pocic was hamstrung because he was always having to help block the LGs man too. I called BS on it then as I call BS on it now. The center position was and continues to be a problem position and should have been addressed.

I'm aware of all the holes and i'm not just focusing on the center position, but when Russ speaks up that he wants help up front and the FO only provides him with one guy and ignores the other problem position, you have to wonder about the competence. Especially when the team was in a position to draft a viable upgrade (even with a lack of draft picks because they pissed all of those away) but decided a 3rd receiver was more important. Its asinine.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1ummrvn5 said:
Sgt. Largent":1ummrvn5 said:
pittpnthrs":1ummrvn5 said:
SoulfishHawk":1ummrvn5 said:
Gabe Jackson is a Guard

I'm aware of all the holes and i'm not just focusing on the center position, but when Russ speaks up that he wants help up front and the FO only provides him with one guy and ignores the other problem position, you have to wonder about the competence. Especially when the team was in a position to draft a viable upgrade (even with a lack of draft picks because they pissed all of those away) but decided a 3rd receiver was more important. Its asinine.

Shell's been a good signing, and they did trade for Brown and Jackson, and used a 3rd round pick on Lewis.

So addressed? Yes. Addressed well? Err, no. Still bottom 10-12 O-line.

We can only assume that Pete and John think they don't have to spend high picks on the O-line and can either trade for or develop O-linemen because Russell makes up for a lot of bad O-line play.

But as Russell has aged, this philosophy should have throw out the damn window.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3e78106p said:
sprhawk73":3e78106p said:
At least when we lost in the 80's we had Largent. With RW out, there really isn't any point to watching these games.

If I made it through the 1992 season, I can watch anything.

^so much this!!

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Not sure what you are talking about.

The 1992 team almost went winless, but that defense was legit.

I would easily watch the defensive tape of that year.

I never liked Flores or that fat guy who owned the team - but that had Rufus Porter, Michael Sinclair, Cortez Kennedy, and Eugene Robinson, among others.

The 1992 team was bad but at least half the team played 4 quarters every game.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2ifasdkl said:
pittpnthrs":2ifasdkl said:
Sgt. Largent":2ifasdkl said:
pittpnthrs":2ifasdkl said:

Shell's been a good signing, and they did trade for Brown and Jackson, and used a 3rd round pick on Lewis.

So addressed? Yes. Addressed well? Err, no. Still bottom 10-12 O-line.

We can only assume that Pete and John think they don't have to spend high picks on the O-line and can either trade for or develop O-linemen because Russell makes up for a lot of bad O-line play.

But as Russell has aged, this philosophy should have throw out the damn window.

Thing is Russ went public after the Shell, Brown, and Lewis signings so he obviously wasnt satisfied. The weak parts of the line were LG and Center. Pete went and fixed part of the problem when he had a chance to fix it all. Why? Its like a slap in the face to the most important player on the team crying out for help.

No wonder there's so much speculation about Russ bolting. Can you blame him?

Latest posts