Interesting RW quote

Mizak

Reaction score
Keasley you are so over the top ridiculous with your Russ hate . He brought more success, wins, super bowl appearances, playoffs, playoff wins than any QB in our history by far. Yet you dwell on whatever negative thing that happened in his career and then magnify it and make it 5 times a bigger deal than it actually was.
By the way all those interceptions in that Green Bay game were definitely not on Russ. I have never seen so many easily catchable balls dropped by receivers only to be picked off. Then he leads them to victory as well.
You are the antishesis of John 63. the mere mention of Russ gets you all lathered up.
He acts like John63 when he damage controls for Geno and Lock. He didn’t have shit to say when Drew Lock performed that craptacular performance last night and instead blamed it on the WR play. Something John63 does when Russell Wilson throws half ass balls.

toffee

Reaction score
He acts like John63 when he damage controls for Geno and Lock. He didn’t have shit to say when Drew Lock performed that craptacular performance last night and instead blamed it on the WR play. Something John63 does when Russell Wilson throws half ass balls.
Oh please, don't insult our great John63 by comparing him to other members on this forum. John is in a class by himself, totally incomparable. So miss him now that he has moved on to Bronco forum.

chrispy

Reaction score
I've spent the last 6 years watching my team fail miserably because they had no QB. It's a QB driven league. Plain and simple... no franchise QB, no chance to win a championship. Seahawks fans haven't had to deal with that part of the game for the last 10 years. The contract is a small price to pay for a QB that can win a super bowl. It's all good. Denver has a great GM. The league GM's voted Denver's draft as the best in 2021 (Paton's first draft), and he traded for a HOF QB the next year. The cap is also going to skyrocket over the next 3-4 years. The 50 mill/year contract that Russ signs around December will look like a steal in about 3 years.

I wish you guys luck this year, outside of week 1. I know that you were hoping Lock would come in and take the starting job. He didn't. He never does. The only reason he's ever started in the NFL is because of injuries or terrible QB play in front of him. It's just who he is. Great guy, but not a starting caliber QB. Let the year play out and draft that franchise QB in 2023. Embrace the rebuild. I think the Seahawks had a very good draft this year. Who knows, you may have a new GM and coach next season to go along with all of those draft picks.
If you really believe all of this, you should examine fact to recalibrate your expectations.
1)50Million is about 25% of current cap. If the cap doubles (it won't) during RW3's next contract, he'd be at 12.5%. No team has ever won a SuperBowl with a QB making more than 12.5% of cap. ...so 50MM is not a small price to pay. Paying 1 player this much statistically disqualifies the Broncos from winning a Championship.
2)There are multiple examples of teams that win Championships without a "franchise QB." ...so "no franchise QB, no chance to win a championship" is demonstrably false.
3)From 1 and 2 above, the odds are better at winning a Championship with a bad QB but good Defense and Special teams than with a QB making more than 12.5% of your cap.

Making the playoffs, but not wining a championship, is consistently accomplished with a highly paid QB. A franchise needs to determine if making the playoffs but have a statistically 0% chance of winning a SuperBowl qualifies as success.

RW3 is a really good football player. He's great in many respects but not perfect in all. The degree to which someone values his skillset is the fulcrum of all this discussion. Broncos value it more than Seahawks. John63 values it more than Keasley. Russel Wilson himself values it higher than Pete Carroll. Broncos will undoubtedly win more games with a good QB than without- all else equal. Winning more games is obviously a good thing for a franchise. It doesn't predict winning the SuperBowl. A team can't win the SuperBowl if they don't make the playoffs. Also, just as true, a team can't win the SuperBowl if they pay their QB more than 12.5% of cap. Seahawks and Broncos have just chosen different definitions of success.

My prediction is that the Broncos will win a lot more games in the next 5 years than they have in the last 5, but no Championship. Seahawks have a statistically small possibility of winning a SuperBowl in the near future, but it's not 0%.

I also think RW would have multiple SBs over his career if he managed his contract like TB12 and allowed his team to use cap elsewhere-his choice, no disrespect. In the "ultimate team sport" no single player can carry a team on his back. If RW3 were to hoist his team up, it'd still be 6 inches below all his competitors anyway. (maybe a little disrespect there....).

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
If you really believe all of this, you should examine fact to recalibrate your expectations.
1)50Million is about 25% of current cap. If the cap doubles (it won't) during RW3's next contract, he'd be at 12.5%. No team has ever won a SuperBowl with a QB making more than 12.5% of cap. ...so 50MM is not a small price to pay. Paying 1 player this much statistically disqualifies the Broncos from winning a Championship.
2)There are multiple examples of teams that win Championships without a "franchise QB." ...so "no franchise QB, no chance to win a championship" is demonstrably false.
3)From 1 and 2 above, the odds are better at winning a Championship with a bad QB but good Defense and Special teams than with a QB making more than 12.5% of your cap.

Making the playoffs, but not wining a championship, is consistently accomplished with a highly paid QB. A franchise needs to determine if making the playoffs but have a statistically 0% chance of winning a SuperBowl qualifies as success.

RW3 is a really good football player. He's great in many respects but not perfect in all. The degree to which someone values his skillset is the fulcrum of all this discussion. Broncos value it more than Seahawks. John63 values it more than Keasley. Russel Wilson himself values it higher than Pete Carroll. Broncos will undoubtedly win more games with a good QB than without- all else equal. Winning more games is obviously a good thing for a franchise. It doesn't predict winning the SuperBowl. A team can't win the SuperBowl if they don't make the playoffs. Also, just as true, a team can't win the SuperBowl if they pay their QB more than 12.5% of cap. Seahawks and Broncos have just chosen different definitions of success.

My prediction is that the Broncos will win a lot more games in the next 5 years than they have in the last 5, but no Championship. Seahawks have a statistically small possibility of winning a SuperBowl in the near future, but it's not 0%.

I also think RW would have multiple SBs over his career if he managed his contract like TB12 and allowed his team to use cap elsewhere-his choice, no disrespect. In the "ultimate team sport" no single player can carry a team on his back. If RW3 were to hoist his team up, it'd still be 6 inches below all his competitors anyway. (maybe a little disrespect there....).

How dare you use logic? The nerve!

Just kidding - I really liked your statistiacal analysis too.

morgulon1

Reaction score

Which tells you all you need to know about lil #3
His "go team " rhetoric will wear thin in mile high city when they pay that lil clown 50 mil per year and wind up with a weakened roster and alienated teammates. I'm glad he's gone

keasley45

Reaction score

Don't misrepresent my posts. I pretty clearly said that he threw three picks that weren't helped by his wr's but it didn't matter.

And why do I have to defend anybody when I was on the side of it not mattering who started because we were going to get our franchise guy in the draft.

You're tripping over your own lines. I dont blindly defend players. I also don't subscribe to the notion that someone's past dictates their future.

You mistake someone actually ignoring past precedent, evaluating current performance and play, and then discussing that play as 'defending' a player.

That's called projection. You see hate for a player from me because of the some disdain you might have for the HC or FO.

I'm good with either Geno or Lock playing. If I said Geno played well, it's because he did. That's not opinion.

And I said long before Russ left that if we had to be a middling 7 to 9 win team again after he left until we got things on track, that I preferred that to where we'd been for the last 3 years.

toffee

Reaction score

I agree with all but the highlighted statement, Pete Carroll value Russell Wilson above all else. Wilson had to force his way out of Seattle, Pete wasn't going to let him go until Wilson put his foot down.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
My post wasn't so much to disparage Pete but respond to the poster implying that Russ needed Pete. I think the argument the other way around is pretty easy to make. We will see this year if Russ needs Pete.
Jesus Christ Nate, it's called "Symbiosis", do you even know what the hell that means>>>, because at this point in the discussion, it sounds like YOU and a few other L-O-S-E-R-S in this argument DO NOT!
Russell Wilson DID NOT win SB 48 without THE LOB positioning him for that feat, ACTUALLY GETTING Russ's ass TO SB 48....NO LOB, NO 43 t0 8 SUPER BOWL DRUBBING EITHER, so Y-E-S Russell the ME-ME-ME Wilson DID INDEED NEED Pete's Defense to even GET HIS SUPER BOWL RING...This is 'JUST A FACT' Learn to live with it Nate, IT'S THE T-R-U-T-H.....OH AND, it's "BUTT HURT" NOT "but hurt"

BigBill1945

Reaction score
Russ as it turns out has become a diva. He was the one asking to leave. All of this smiley face glib interviews was a facade. We will survive without him. This year will be rough because neither of the two QBs are very impressive. Good luck Gino. You are going to need it.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Or as DiLalla was explaining, those comments were an answer to why he chose Denver over other teams that wanted to trade for him and had absolutely nothing to do with the Seahawks. The spin doctors are in full flail mode and you're buying into it. Relax. Russ hasn't said a negative word about the Seahawks. He's done nothing but speak highly of his time there and praise the fan base in Seattle again and again. I don't blame your local writers. Game 1 is your super bowl this year. The schedule makers knew that. That's why they're playing this game week 1. You're about to step into a new era of Seahawks football. It they choose a QB wisely in the 2023 draft, it'll be over soon.
BULLSHIT BF, Russ has been in the League for 10 years with O-N-E Team, His 'IMPLICATION' was that it was HE, ALL BY HIMSELF who carried the >>SEAHAWKS<< STOP making >>EXCUSES<< for the asshole.

toffee

Reaction score
BULLSHIT BF, Russ has been in the League for 10 years with O-N-E Team, His 'IMPLICATION' was that it was HE, ALL BY HIMSELF who carried the >>SEAHAWKS<< STOP making >>EXCUSES<< for the asshole.
My beef wasn't as much what Russ said, but why did he say it at this time in this venue? What he said may be debatable as he did carry the team at times, of course his teammates also carried him on other occasions. But why said it publicly during a team luncheon with his new teammates?

I am 100% certain that the Bronco front office, coaching staffs panic overed that statement and ORDERED their team reporter to immediately defuse the situation. Look, who wants to play with a QB that willingly bad mouth all of his former teammates?

keasley45

Reaction score

There's no damage control, bro. We were watching preseason football and while some were calling for Geno's head for how 'horribly ' he played, others and myself thought he looked good. You call that defending him. In the real world, it's called the truth.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Keep seeing that Russ forced his way out..I'm not buying that
I think it was mutual if anything otherwise Pete makes him honor
that overpay of a contract.
I think Pete saw what we were seeing from Russ and came out of
denial and stopped coddling and protecting him.

That statement by Russ didn't surprise me..It's why the dynasty ended
early.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
The Brand's ego is so big now I dont think he will be able to fit his head through the tunnel at mile high or whatever that shithole is called. This just verifies what many players that he used to play with already know and what some non blind fans also have been seeing. He may have some success but will never win a super bowl in Denver. I hope he shits the bed and Ciara leaves him for horseface John Elway 😄....is that too much??