I'll Take It, But...

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Overall, Wilson was disappointing...Much of the offense was disappointing. Just out of synch (outside of Penny who had a career day). Wins are all that matter in the end, but for once can't this team have a decisive blowout? Once? Should have been 24-3 in the first half, easy. Credit to the Eagles D that came to play. Same as our D, who were outstanding.

Imagine the havoc if Clowney was a go today? Wow.

Wilson is really making it difficult on himself to cement the MVP. With that performance he is clearly now 2nd behind Jackson for the award. He needs to step it up big time these final five weeks. But I know, I know, wins are all that matters not MVP trophies. Just was surprised by his lackluster performance today.

I told myself and family I wouldn't get into my usual emotional investment watching a road game due to the broken ribs but that went out the window early, lol. Extra ice packs and meds today.

Ugly or not, it was a 10am road game and totally worth it. GO HAWKS!

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Well, Russell's numbers would have looked far better had DK come down with that TD pass before the half.

AlciG

Reaction score
Yes, Russ didn't play like an MVP but who cares about stats... A win is a win.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Blitzer88":2wdaso5x said:
Well, Russell's numbers would have looked far better had DK come down with that TD pass before the half.

Yeah DK had a few drops today which certainly didn't help Russ out. And how many penalties did we end up with? 11? 12? Regardless, too many. OL was not great, just sub par from our offense overall. The trick play TD was fun though!

Doesn't get any easier next Monday with the Vikings coming to town. Buckle up boys and girls! Should be an exciting final 5 weeks of the season!

quadsas

Reaction score
Aros":3gihcg6x said:
Blitzer88":3gihcg6x said:
Doesn't get any easier next Monday with the Vikings coming to town. Buckle up boys and girls! Should be an exciting final 5 weeks of the season!

Kirk Cousins will have 400 yards passing and will lose the game by 2 possessions. Sorry for spoilers

quadsas

Reaction score
pmedic920":3382h5ue said:
Russ could easily of had 2 additional TD passes.

That would have been huge in the MVP race.

So much for better things to do

NJlargent

Reaction score
Philly is a tough place to play and we didn’t have a let down after the big niners win. There is little to no room for complaining

daketah

Reaction score
I also want to see a blowout, and thought today should have been one.

Vikes are going to be tough, but the Seahawks are poised for a signature win at home.

If I have to wait until February for a 43-8 type win, then so be it! :)

BChawkfan

Reaction score
NJlargent":1f0xakvl said:
Philly is a tough place to play and we didn’t have a let down after the big niners win. There is little to no room for complaining

No room for complaints considering the outcome.
Not great weather conditions, iggles D played good. We never play great after the bye.
Yeah we could've/should've scored more points but didnt need to.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Russell was definitely not his sharpest. But aside from that gimme TD pass in the wind I don’t think he played “poorly.” Also had that interception obviously, but I think he trusted Moore to go for that ball.

He had some dime throws, took lots of sacks because Hunt is getting blown up (and Penny missed a key block). The offense generally was sloppy today. Also too many false starts that put us behind the sticks, reminded me of 2017. But I’ll take our 6th win on the road at 10 am in windy conditions, thanks

kidhawk

Reaction score
Aros":26wp9mmp said:
Overall, Wilson was disappointing...Much of the offense was disappointing. Just out of synch (outside of Penny who had a career day). Wins are all that matter in the end, but for once can't this team have a decisive blowout? Once? Should have been 24-3 in the first half, easy. Credit to the Eagles D that came to play. Same as our D, who were outstanding.

Wilson is really making it difficult on himself to cement the MVP. With that performance he is clearly now 2nd behind Jackson for the award. He needs to step it up big time these final five weeks. But I know, I know, wins are all that matters not MVP trophies. Just was surprised by his lackluster performance today.

I told myself and family I wouldn't get into my usual emotional investment watching a road game due to the broken ribs but that went out the window early, lol. Extra ice packs and meds today.

Had to expect a bit of an off game for Wilson. He seems to be closer to average on wet days and it had been raining in Philly today

Overall I’m happy. I know what to expect with the offense and the defense impressed me today. We are on the right track. 9-2 and heading for a playoff berth and possibly a bye week.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Wasn't pretty but it doesn't have to be.
Win.
6-0 on the road.
A 1:00 EST start.
Defense played well without Clowney.

sutz

Reaction score
I understand the mild disappointment that they weren't as sharp as they could have been.

But I will say that I never really thought the game was in doubt. Much like the announcers were saying, even though we only led by one score for much of the game, it felt like it was a larger lead than it was. Of course, the D set the tone today, and a cheap TD in garbage time doesn't really change my opinion. Holding them to a FG would be almost as good as a shutout, of course, but hey! They had buckets of turnovers, some sacks and pressures, and a lot of good to great plays, even without Clowney.

Good stuff!

:snack:

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
kidhawk":3e68hhn2 said:
Aros":3e68hhn2 said:

Had to expect a bit of an off game for Wilson. He seems to be closer to average on wet days and it had been raining in Philly today

Overall I’m happy. I know what to expect with the offense and the defense impressed me today. We are on the right track. 9-2 and heading for a playoff berth and possibly a bye week.

I provided stats that russ is still good in rain but a drop off from dry games so its noticable.

James in PA

Reaction score
Wasn’t Wilson’s best game. Some of that was on him and some was on his receivers. Plus, Philly’s defense gave it all they had. My bigger gripe is with Chris Carson. Forget the below average numbers today. This guy cannot hold onto the football and it is so damn aggravating!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
The offense wasn't pretty, but I'm glad to see that the D looks to be improving, which has been my main gripe this season.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
James in PA":3t6d7mp1 said:
Wasn’t Wilson’s best game. Some of that was on him and some was on his receivers. Plus, Philly’s defense gave it all they had. My bigger gripe is with Chris Carson. Forget the below average numbers today. This guy cannot hold onto the football and it is so damn aggravating!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, the two today we're awful. He was barely touched on the first one and the second was a clear mental error that was likely caused by thinking about the play before.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":22z4h3q0 said:
Wasn't pretty but it doesn't have to be.
Win.
6-0 on the road.
A 1:00 EST start.
Defense played well without Clowney.

This is what I was concerned with. But they pressed on and made some different things happen. I was kind of impressed with the different tactic they took in the Defense. I like what they did with the Griffin Bros.