If we had just sat Wilson we would have been fine

Ozzy

Reaction score
Forget about the 4 final drives where he leads us down to score or gives us a chance to score the past few games. I'm sure Boykin would of been lights out in those circumstances. Not going to happen.

zchurch74

Reaction score
It will be interesting what everyone says if we don't make the playoffs. All of you now saying Wilson is OK will be joining the , "should of benched Wilson earlier to get healthy", bandwagon.

I just want someone to honestly prove to us it will be worse with Boykin. How do we not know without giving him a chance. Let him start a game and if he doesn't product by half time then put Wilson back in.

Hell, our defense has kept us in games all season, it's not like they can't keep us in the first two quarters of a game.

Our next stretch of games is brutal. We could lose 3 of the next 4. If this does happen, then what, when we are sitting at 5-5-1.

Our offense doesn't scare anyone. The Browns are wishing we are on their schedule.

Megatron

Reaction score
zchurch74":1z8xufig said:
It will be interesting what everyone says if we don't make the playoffs. All of you now saying Wilson is OK will be joining the , "should of benched Wilson earlier to get healthy", bandwagon.

I just want someone to honestly prove to us it will be worse with Boykin. How do we not know without giving him a chance. Let him start a game and if he doesn't product by half time then put Wilson back in.

I'll just throw this in here. Seneca Wallace, the closest quarterback to RW and Boykin in terms of scrambling ability (and height) that the Seahawks had, has an overall losing record as a starter. In his fifth year, he was 0-2 as a starter, 0-2. He had tons more experience than Boykin, an UDFA who is still very raw. We won't make the playoffs with Boykin. Who knows how healthy RW really is. How long would you sit him until he is fully healed 4 weeks, 8 weeks, the rest of the year? Most likely we don't make the playoffs if he sits 8 weeks or more. I'll take my chances with a gimpy RW over an extremely raw Boykin, if we don't make the playoffs RW has a whole off season to get healthy.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WallSe00.htm