If Thibodeaux is there at 9 do you take him?

WmHBonney

Reaction score
What are his "character" issues? We're not talking Malik McDowell again are we? Malik had known "character" issues when we picked him. HARD pass if that's the case.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
What are his "character" issues? We're not talking Malik McDowell again are we? Malik had known "character" issues when we picked him. HARD pass if that's the case.
Equating character issues to ATV accidents is probably a fools errand.

Regardless, Kayvon's aren't related to excessive risk taking behaviors.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
I'm not sold on the left tackles in this draft. None of them have both the tape and physical ideals. There's no Laremy Tunsil here.

I'm kind of this. I do think Ekwonu could be special. Cross gives me Eugene Monroe kind of vibes. Not a particularly impressive OT class. Which usually means we dive right in to the shallowest pool.

On Thibodeau, I think if we're going 3-4, he's a misfit. If we're unable to commit then he'd probably be good value. Just hard to tell based on the schizophrenic moves we've made thus far. Seems like we aren't committing to a strategy which is daunting.

Thibodeau would be a "we're doing it exactly how we've done it for 11 years" kind of pick.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I'm kind of this. I do think Ekwonu could be special. Cross gives me Eugene Monroe kind of vibes. Not a particularly impressive OT class. Which usually means we dive right in to the shallowest pool.

On Thibodeau, I think if we're going 3-4, he's a misfit. If we're unable to commit then he'd probably be good value. Just hard to tell based on the schizophrenic moves we've made thus far. Seems like we aren't committing to a strategy which is daunting.

Thibodeau would be a "we're doing it exactly how we've done it for 11 years" kind of pick.
I don't think he's a misfit. He can rush from multiple spots and shows a talent doing it from a stand-up position. He certainly doesn't fit the reaching tendency.

KinesProf

Reaction score

I could be wrong, but it appears to be a pretty clearly defined plan in terms at least of body types in and body types out.

Woods is a nose. Harris and QJeff are 3-4 ends that can reduce inside. Nwosu and Taylor are pretty clearly your starters on the outside, and guys who don't fit were jettisoned (Dunlap, Hyder) .

Kinda disappointed that they're letting Sheem last so long in FA though, regardless of fit. 6.5 sacks in your age 24 season is nothing to sneeze at.

Seahawker

Reaction score
This is our once every decade shot at getting a game changing, cornerstone LT for the next ten years. Next year, we'll be all in on a qb. It's now or never.
I agree, LT this draft... QB in 23'.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Without a moment of hesitation.

I very much doubt it would happen. He will gone early.

Yxes1122

Reaction score

In this I think I’d disagree. Seattle needs a game wrecking pass rusher and KT is probably the best edge talent in this draft. Great explosion, great bend. He’s a bit of a Von Miller type (though not saying he’s going to have a career like Miller).

I think drafting KT is fulfilling Clint Hurtt's desire to find a game wrecker in the passing game. So I don't think it's more of the same.

Passing on KT and saying "There's depth at EDGE this year" is them being the same as always. Passing on a true talent at EDGE for the 4th best OT because there is a "cliff" would be frustrating.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Of course the problem with "4th best OT" is that it's so subjective. It's entirely plausible to me that Penning is their first best OT and that Thibs is their 4th best EDGE (or vice versa). The "elite" prospects feel much more artificial than usual this draft, possibly due to the COVID seasons.

I suspect it's mostly a way for people to try to find order within chaos, when they are really fooling themselves and it's just chaos all the way down from start to finish. "Chaos at edge" is subtly different from "depth at edge."

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Equating character issues to ATV accidents is probably a fools errand.

Regardless, Kayvon's aren't related to excessive risk taking behaviors.
Malik's issues are much worse than an ATV accident. I'm just saying that I haven't really paid attention to Thibodeau's detractors. McDowell was deemed a risk before we picked him. Turns out, those warnings should have been heeded. Is Thibodeau another McDowell?

Yxes1122

Reaction score
Of course the problem with "4th best OT" is that it's so subjective. It's entirely plausible to me that Penning is their first best OT and that Thibs is their 4th best EDGE (or vice versa). The "elite" prospects feel much more artificial than usual this draft, possibly due to the COVID seasons.

I suspect it's mostly a way for people to try to find order within chaos, when they are really fooling themselves and it's just chaos all the way down from start to finish. "Chaos at edge" is subtly different from "depth at edge."

This is fair. The 4th LT off the board could have a better career than the 1st EDGE.

It's an eye of the beholder thing. Would you rather have Trevor Penning or KT? I'd probably say KT. But if you feel like Penning is a anchor on the left side for the next 5 years, you take him.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Are people really going to trust Pete and John to draft a LT? I’d rather just sign one. Their OL evaluation has been mediocre at best.

RunDownhill

Reaction score
I'm not sure I see that, honestly.

I think Neal is that dude. If he's there at 9, I'd say sprint to the podium and shed a tear for missing out on freakish abomination Jordan Davis.

Ekwonu and Cross, though... I've got some questions.

Cross is a great pass protector and mirrors very impressively, but he's got limited athletic upside. This isn't disqualifying, but I don't know how much ceiling is there. Will he ever be a top-5 tackle without that raw athleticism to draw upon?

Ekwonu is nasty, but he's not polished and also doesn't have much length to fall back on. I'd have questions about him being that franchise cornerstone LT as well.

I'd be happy with either, but I don't think they're guys that you only get a chance to draft once in a decade. I don't think either of them reach the level of a guy like Rashawn Slater, who is the type of player I expect to see 9th overall.

If I had to guess, I'd bet they see Neal and Penning as the top tackle prospects. Ekwonu next. Cross and Abe Lucas after.
I agree, there isn't a legit LT prospect in this draft.

RunDownhill

Reaction score
I know he's been drawing the Ramsey comparison. Wouldn't mind Stingley if available at 9 tbh
I'd rather trade down. Stingley was good for 1 year, then got bored and had two average years. Also, he is not a big CB that the Seahawks like. He is under 6 ft and has short arms. Sauce Gardner has 8 - 9 inches on Stingley in length.

I think Stingley will be good if he doesn't get bored with losing.