If Thibodeaux is there at 9 do you take him?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Probably, yeah.

He oozes game changing talent, but it's all about his character.

I'm not going to be in the interviews with him, so I have no clue. But if he's a character fit and you think he's a guy that'll go all-in, I don't see why not.

Last edited:

nwHawk

Reaction score
Agreed. Talent is there. Depends on his character and passion for the game not just passion to get paid. Jury is still out.

Chawker

Reaction score
You just had to put me on the spot !

We're going to the a 3-4 and we have Taylor and Robinson, even tho Thibodeaux has the talent, he lacks size. I'd pass on him at 9 and take Jordan Davis, but thats me.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I like Travon Walker better if available
That who I want too but looks like many have him going top 5 now. I'm not sure on Thibs...he did have an injury to his ankle that slowed him down but it wasn't a life altering injury. He was rated as the 1 pick a while back. Just not another headache please...

hawkfan68

Reaction score
It depends on who else is on the board too. If Ekwonu and Cross are there, I'd take them over Thibodeaux. LT is a bigger need and getting a solid one at that spot would cover that position for a long time. There are plenty of solid DE/OLBs that can be had later - Sam Williams, Boye Mafe, Ekebetie, come to mind.

Reactions: bbq

Yxes1122

Reaction score
A lot of what I’ve seen have been “He doesn’t love football.” Or “He likes videogames.” The same concerns were said about Myles Garrett.

I’d sprint to the podium.

And I like guys like Ebiketie, Walker, and Johnson a lot.

But I think KT is the best EDGE in this class.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
It depends on who else is on the board too. If Ekwonu and Cross are there, I'd take them over Thibodeaux. LT is a bigger need and getting a solid one at that spot would cover that position for a long time. There are plenty of solid DE/OLBs that can be had later - Sam Williams, Boye Mafe, Ekebetie, come to mind.
This^^^^
There’s 3 franchise left tackles in the top 10. I would love Ekwonu or Cross. Neal going too 3-5

JGreen79

Reaction score
I felt like he was Injured a lot at Oregon. It seemed like everytime I was able to catch a game (granted it wasn't many) he was out.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Literally any negative about him comes down to injuries. My theory is the Giants are the ones putting all the negative out about him, so they can get him.

WarHawks

Reaction score
This is our once every decade shot at getting a game changing, cornerstone LT for the next ten years. Next year, we'll be all in on a qb. It's now or never.

Reactions: bbq

getnasty

Reaction score
Seem like a guy with the highest ceiling and maybe the lowest floor in the top 10. Depends on who else is available but i'd be giddy if we got him at 9.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
This is our once every decade shot at getting a game changing, cornerstone LT for the next ten years. Next year, we'll be all in on a qb. It's now or never.
I'm not sure I see that, honestly.

I think Neal is that dude. If he's there at 9, I'd say sprint to the podium and shed a tear for missing out on freakish abomination Jordan Davis.

Ekwonu and Cross, though... I've got some questions.

Cross is a great pass protector and mirrors very impressively, but he's got limited athletic upside. This isn't disqualifying, but I don't know how much ceiling is there. Will he ever be a top-5 tackle without that raw athleticism to draw upon?

Ekwonu is nasty, but he's not polished and also doesn't have much length to fall back on. I'd have questions about him being that franchise cornerstone LT as well.

I'd be happy with either, but I don't think they're guys that you only get a chance to draft once in a decade. I don't think either of them reach the level of a guy like Rashawn Slater, who is the type of player I expect to see 9th overall.

If I had to guess, I'd bet they see Neal and Penning as the top tackle prospects. Ekwonu next. Cross and Abe Lucas after.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I'm not sold on the left tackles in this draft. None of them have both the tape and physical ideals. There's no Laremy Tunsil here.

AgentDib

Reaction score
It's hard to speculate too much because it depends on just how bad his interviews were. If he just came off as a little too Hollywood then I don't see that deterring Pete and John. They see the role of the coaching staff as being to help guys with distractions surrounding them achieve their potential anyways.

Right now it seems like any of the tackles could be there at our spot because each has different flaws. Similarly, there are a lot of guys in the 2nd, 3rd and even 4th round range who could be really good if things worked out for them.

There are a bunch of very athletic guys that would fit great in a zone stretch scheme but just need significant coaching on their technique; Smith, Petit-Frere and Kinnard to name three.

Raimann is an athletic TE convert who needs a couple of off-seasons working with NFL tier strength and conditioning coaches. Faalele is a much heavier version of Forsythe and Rhyan is a really good overall tackle prospect who may fall significantly just due to a short 79" wingspan.

Dare Rosenthal could be available late and has very high upside. Elite explosiveness with a 10'5" broad jump and 4.55 40 as a 327lb 6'7" tackle.

KinesProf

Reaction score
I can't help myself from wanting it to be Stingley. I know it probably won't be happening, but still.

When someone is really good as a freshman and are a well known college football player for 3 years, by the time their draft rolls around they become quite picked apart more so than sudden risers. I think Stingley is the bluest of blue chips. I think he's the closest thing to a potential 1st team all-pro calibre player that could be had at 9. Unparalleled footwork, WR ball skills, the confidence and pedigree of an LSU DB.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
I can't help myself from wanting it to be Stingley. I know it probably won't be happening, but still.

When someone is really good as a freshman and are a well known college football player for 3 years, by the time their draft rolls around they become quite picked apart more so than sudden risers. I think Stingley is the bluest of blue chips. I think he's the closest thing to a potential 1st team all-pro calibre player that could be had at 9. Unparalleled footwork, WR ball skills, the confidence and pedigree of an LSU DB.
I know he's been drawing the Ramsey comparison. Wouldn't mind Stingley if available at 9 tbh

Atradees

Reaction score
Too much risk to be a bust. I am an Oregon Ducks fan even. I think the Pac 12 was very weak this year except Utah.
DT or LT.