IF The Hawks Forgo A QB In The First...

What position (besides QB) would you like the Hawks to address with the first pick?

• OG

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • C

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • WR

• RB

• DT

Votes: 47 46.1%
  • DE

Votes: 40 39.2%
  • CB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • S

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Other (Read my comments)

Votes: 4 3.9%

• Total voters

morgulon1

Reaction score
Jalen Carter is actually a generational talent. Most comparisons I have seen is Sapp. That was a long time ago. People call Anderson a generational talent, but comparisons here and elsewhere is Parsons. A guy who is less than three years older. Not generational. I like what I have seen from Anderson. I expect him to be an All-Pro, but I expect the same from Carter. Looking at our depth in each position, we need a DT far more than we need an Edge.
Yes , the team has quite a bit invested in edge type guys and they're starting to develop. A generational talent DT would take this defense up about 7.317 notches.

Yeah

Reactions: FPD

Chuckwow

Reaction score
If Carter is still on the board, we absolutely have to take him. Anyone remember Jerome Brown?

But I don't think he'll be there (after we trade down).

keasley45

Reaction score
I was going to vote DT, but the way our interior line was manhandled by the Bucs, I voted Center. Blythe is brilliant, but not the stoutest. If we can keep Geno clean and our RBs going, we will always be in the game. No run game and Geno on his butt... a defense will eventually wear down.

But DT is 1B for me. If we shore up both lines in this draft, we will be a force to be reckoned with, no doubt.

themunn

Reaction score
That was 10 years ago and Wilson is STILL the last 3rd rounder to become a franchise QB. Heck, since 2000, it's just Wilson and Matt Schaub, if you even consider him a franchise guy.
Not that I don't agree with you, but that same 2012 draft also yielded Kirk Cousins in the 4th.

Jalen Hurts was also a late 2nd rounder and now leading the best record in the league while his backup (Minshew) was a 6th round pick and probably the best back-up in the league now that Geno is our starter.

So it's not impossibe! But very, very, very unlikely - not sure I can think of anybody else picked outside the top 50 that is a quality starter in recent years.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
That was 10 years ago and Wilson is STILL the last 3rd rounder to become a franchise QB. Heck, since 2000, it's just Wilson and Matt Schaub, if you even consider him a franchise guy.

Kirk Cousins was a fourth-rounder and became a franchise QB after Wilson (he was behind RGIII in 2012).

morgulon1

Reaction score
I was going to vote DT, but the way our interior line was manhandled by the Bucs, I voted Center. Blythe is brilliant, but not the stoutest. If we can keep Geno clean and our RBs going, we will always be in the game. No run game and Geno on his butt... a defense will eventually wear down.

But DT is 1B for me. If we shore up both lines in this draft, we will be a force to be reckoned with, no doubt.
That would be perfect. Get 1 and 1B in the first round.