If JimmyG is released should we sign him?

Question above

• Yes

Votes: 34 53.1%
  • No

Votes: 30 46.9%

• Total voters

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I voted "yes" but with a caveat that we sign him to no more than two years, at no more than $7M/year, and no guaranteed money in year two.

W

Welshers

If he's released we will sign him, trust me. They are interested if he's released. But they aren't giving up assets for him and the 49ers are going to try and hold onto him. They don't want him in seattle

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
No we should not because there is no upside and he is no better than Geno. The Hawks are better off to just draft a QB in the years draft IMO.

HawkInNinerLand

Reaction score
Hes light years better than geno in every single statistical category. Jimmy G is a legit NFL starter. Geno is a bad back up.
Wish I could give you double thumbs up. Jimmy is a suburb QB1....when healthy. At this point I'd consider the risk just to salvage the season. Yes Geno has talent and I hope surprises us... But Jimmy might stay healthy under Seattle's system and that means we compete.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
Yes. He'd be an upgrade over Mr Three and Out and Mr Turnover. We'd be watchable with Jimmy G.
HAHah mr 3 and out and Mr turnover.... Dang i'm not sure why all these witty statments of shade are cracking me up.. i am goign to every game this year.... I"m gonna be a giggling machine

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Of course not.

We don't have a good enough defense to make up for his mistakes like SF did.

We don't have a brilliant OC to scheme him to success.

We don't actually want a middling QB on even a decent size contract.

I am struggling with the upside here unless the goal is just putting 8 win seasons on the board?

HawkInNinerLand

Reaction score
I say yes. He's a great QB1 who needs a good routine to not be injured. Not a lot of options. I love Geno and pray Drew shows why he was a first round pick, but reality is to win you have to know how to win and Jimmy knows that.

willyrobt

Reaction score
We need to look forward to future when we consider a QB. Draft may be best bet if we can get high enough in the draft. We did this with Wilson. Might as well try this method again.

HawkInNinerLand

Reaction score
We need to look forward to future when we consider a QB. Draft may be best bet if we can get high enough in the draft. We did this with Wilson. Might as well try this method again.
True except we got Russell at pick #76 so no need to tank a season to pick wisely. Even the GOAT was a late pick. Seahawks should go for it knowing a pick is probably coming regardless.

toffee

Reaction score
Jimmy G will not want to sign with Seahawks, we shall be his least favorite choice. Here's why:

Why is 9ers releasing him? Cause 9ers have a young boy that they have invested in, but Jimmy's perspective, he just took 9ers to NFC Championship!! Now, Seahawks fully intend to pick a QB with our first round picks. Why would JimmyG want to again baby sit another prospect?

He will be looking for a long term contract or a medium term contract if the team is a serious contender, he may not see our that way, and we aren't likely to offer long term contract.

IF he would to come, either we offer long term, or seriously overpaid.

W

Welshers

Jimmy G will not want to sign with Seahawks, we shall be his least favorite choice. Here's why:

Why is 9ers releasing him? Cause 9ers have a young boy that they have invested in, but Jimmy's perspective, he just took 9ers to NFC Championship!! Now, Seahawks fully intend to pick a QB with our first round picks. Why would JimmyG want to again baby sit another prospect?

He will be looking for a long term contract or a medium term contract if the team is a serious contender, he may not see our that way, and we aren't likely to offer long term contract.

Or maybe he would be excited to get to play his old team 2x a year and try to stick it to them

Rat

Reaction score

It's not like he would have his choice of starting jobs. I'm pretty sure hed rather start here than ride the pine somewhere else.

HawkInNinerLand

Reaction score

You're probably right from that standpoint! However Seattle is a respectable team to the players and he believes in himself, I've seen it, and possibly Seattle could be his home and Hawks could use their picks elsewhere.