If it wasn’t for the 2 fumbles

CPHawk

Reaction score
mikeak":1rp4jzbk said:
If it wasn't for the PI challenge and bounced ball off the chest on Montcrief we are losing

Doesn't really work that way

Oh you mean the refs swallowing their whistles when we play the Steelers? Yeah we know, we lost a SB because of it, but at least this time we had a challenge to fix at least 1 terrible no call.

xray

Reaction score
" If it wasn't for " really ? Coulda---woulda ---shoulda sounds good too . :roll:

AgentDib

Reaction score
The "what if?" game is completely reasonable because we only witnessed one outcome out of a potentially infinite set. Judging the overall strength of the team involves making educated guesses about the underlying probabilities based on the single event we did see. You will have a worse understanding of both teams going forwards if you instead assume that whatever happened was the only thing that could have happened due to fate, however unlikely.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Come on X Ray, is it really THAT hard to just admit you didn't think the Hawks had a shot? It's ok to be wrong once in awhile. You seem more dead set on pointing out that they "barely won" instead of looking at the fact that they controlled that entire game.

kf3339

Reaction score
We always seem to make the games close even when they should be a dominant win, including the score. It's just PC's way I guess.

sutz

Reaction score
If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a happy Christmas.

or....

If frogs had wings they wouldn't drag their ass on the ground.

:34853_doh:

Hawknballs

Reaction score
BChawkfan":oeaaqhv5 said:
Sports Hernia":oeaaqhv5 said:
The game isn’t close.

Or if Little Ben hadn't come down with a quick case of "Girls Elbow"

Just a heads up it's 2019, calling someone a 'girl' as a put-down just makes you look like a douche.

McGruff

Reaction score
Hawknballs":3awkr53y said:
BChawkfan":3awkr53y said:
Sports Hernia":3awkr53y said:
The game isn’t close.

Just a heads up it's 2019, calling someone a 'girl' as a put-down just makes you look like a douche.

Yep, 2019.

Where every idle comment must be dissected for possible unintended offense.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Yeah it's easier to just type words and hit send than it is to actually consider them. Who needs to exercise that kind of self-respect?

BChawkfan

Reaction score
Hawknballs":u3zabxsa said:
BChawkfan":u3zabxsa said:
Sports Hernia":u3zabxsa said:
The game isn’t close.

Even if the person being called a girl is a girl?

What a moron...

chris98251

Reaction score
It's 2019 nobody really knows their gender unless they tell them what they are....

mikeak

Reaction score
BChawkfan":qje6d3ng said:
Hawknballs":qje6d3ng said:
BChawkfan":qje6d3ng said:
Sports Hernia":qje6d3ng said:
The game isn’t close.

What a moron...

The point of what you quoted was the "as a put-down" part

And then yes even if it is a girl refrain from using being a girl as something negative

May also want to avoid calling people moron especially when showing an inability to read properly

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Coulda, woulda, shoulda!

The only important point for the team was the happy result of a road W. Any W is at the end of year not measured interns of by how much, it's prettiness, or all kinds of factors which qualify it. A princess is still a princess even if she may look like a pig with lipstick on. My auntie would be my uncle if she had balls, etc., etc..

Fumbles, muffed catches, missed passes, good challenges, bad penalties, good calls, bad calls, smart adjustments, stubborn unwillingness to adjust, are all parts of the game we all love to watch. The point here is despite the mistakes which went against the team and caused the game to be closer than the trend of the play causing the Hawks to be closer to snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Thankfully the team got it together at the end of the game and won.

I agree with the view of several here that the game was not as close as the final score, even if a few bad breaks, etc. ( read above) almost put the result in the L column. I thought the adjustment to a faster passing game brought rhythm to the O and the 4 minute drill at the end of the game was nerve wracking at times but a convincing closeout by a team that is now starting to understand who it is and what it can do.

it is negative spin to regard a 2-0 record as weak sauce because collectively the team won both games by a mere combined total of 3 points. 2-0 is still 2-0. Even better is the prospect that the team's D will only get better with the additions of Ansah and Reed and the improvement in play of the DBs.

Now onwards to conference games. I'll be very happy with another W even if it is close and ugly, the Saints are a good team.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
mikeak":nased568 said:
If it wasn't for the PI challenge and bounced ball off the chest on Montcrief we are losing

Doesn't really work that way

The defender interfered with Lockett and affected his ability to catch the ball.

Montcrief is terrible, and was terrible against the Patriots. No one's fault but the coaching staff of the Steelers for putting him out there. We were the better team, next

BChawkfan

Reaction score
mikeak":35v4xvdb said:
BChawkfan":35v4xvdb said:
Hawknballs":35v4xvdb said:
BChawkfan":35v4xvdb said:

What a moron...

The point of what you quoted was the "as a put-down" part

And then yes even if it is a girl refrain from using being a girl as something negative

May also want to avoid calling people moron especially when showing an inability to read properly

I apologize for the name calls and the offensive words used.
I grew up in a day and age where a lot of things said where negative and offensive, yet no one cared and most thought it was comical. Fun times

94Smith

Reaction score
The one fumble was kind of on the exchange but the other was a beautiful play by the defender and punched it out. Turnovers in general are the biggest stat in football. If the 49ers had generated more than 7 turnovers last year, they probably would have won a lot more games! But they didn't . And the Seahawks fumbled on Sunday and made the game close.

olyfan63

Reaction score
BChawkfan":25fbmens said:
I apologize for the name calls and the offensive words used.
I grew up in a day and age where a lot of things said where negative and offensive, yet no one cared and most thought it was comical. Fun times

I personally didn't see yours as a problem; a little misguided, and out of date perhaps. I have two 4A all-state HS soccer playing daughters, who also both made all-conference in college, led their college teams in scoring and assists, and played with a lot of toughness through various injuries, and in all kinds of rainy, cold, nasty conditions, and often dealt with being targeted for very physical play by larger but less skilled opponents. Their toughness would put a lot of males to shame.

The truth is most of us aren't a fraction as tough as actual NFL players to be able to deal with the pounding they take and injuries and pain they often have to play through. While not really a Big Ben fan, I would never question his toughness. His arm issue wasn't necessarily about toughness, just inability to physically perform at an NFL level, where he knew he'd be hurting his team. I'm also a CJ Prosise fan and don't buy any "toughness" arguments about him. Shit-for-luck, yes.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
olyfan63":2da065ar said:
It seemed like the Stealers backup QB played about as well as a healthy Ben would have. But yeah, Big Ben might have made "one more" play that the backup did, and that could have changed the outcome.

Yeah, and if the dog hadn't stopped to take a dump, he might have caught the rabbit LOLOL