I wouldn’t take an early round QB ‘23

OP
OP
GemCity

GemCity

Reaction score
I was excited to see Levis this year but, he’s been laying some serious turds. I don’t want to be the team that recognizes he’s not a first rounder but, takes him early or trades up for him in the second.

You can insert about 6-7 more names in place of Levis and it would make sense to me.

Penix in the third would be interesting!

IssyHawk

Reaction score
Y - I'm not sure why Levis is garnering so much hype. Teams are drooling over his physical attributes and potential, but he has put up some stinkers lately, especially vs Vanderbilt. Young's game is impressive, but I would be concerned about his lack of height/weight. He is frail, weighs below 200lbs and I don't think he can stay healthy at the next level. Besides, I think JS/PC are done with short QBs. When I've seen Stroud play, he seems to have the cleanest pocket and has all day to throw. The few times he encounters pressure, he shows inconsistencies. As you can tell, I'm not convinced on spending a first-rounder on a QB this year, especially if we sign Geno to an extension.

Penix looked great vs Oregon. I would be concerned about his injury history, though. Besides Penix, some others as mentioned above look intriguing enough to take in the 3rd-4th round if they're available.

WarHawks

Reaction score
I'm surprised Nix isn't getting more play too. He's scrappy, has a good arm, athletic, runs well, seems to make good decisions. I like Geno, but I'm still not 100% sold that he's the guy that is going to win a superb bowl for us. I hope I'm wrong, but the sample size in big moments in big games isn't that large.

morgulon1

Reaction score
A lot of the guys I was high on..have lost a lot of stock.

I know this next draft was supposed to be QB “rich” but…..

Anyone you guys are favoring still and/or see as a good fit for the Hawks?

I know there are tons of other posts on this subject but it’s a revolving question. For example, I was high on Stroud (OSU curse aside) but after the last couple of weeks, I’m not sure I would be willing to use a pick before the third on him. He wouldn’t be available at that point but…just saying.

Everyone has their ups and downs…but some of these guys aren’t doing themselves any favors as of late. Levis, Richardson, Stroud, etc…

I’m really hoping for a team friendly resigning of Geno, giving Lock more time to develop, and we draft D-line & LB as a start.

MAYBE grab a QB somewhere in the 3rd and beyond…
100%
I would hope Seattle goes defense heavy with their massive draft capital.
This along with the development of who they have already could be phenomenal.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I was excited to see Levis this year but, he’s been laying some serious turds. I don’t want to be the team that recognizes he’s not a first rounder but, takes him early or trades up for him in the second.

You can insert about 6-7 more names in place of Levis and it would make sense to me.

Penix in the third would be interesting!