I think the Seahawks were sniped at 5

GemCity

Reaction score
I’m happy with our selections but, I lean towards them wanting AR if he was there. Seattle would’ve been a great place for AR to sit back a couple of years.

In Indy, he’s going to get thrown to the wolves and in these very forums, their will be a bunch of “told you so’s” but again, two years under Geno would’ve made a helluva difference.

My guess is that he won’t have time to develop and the mental aspect of getting molly-whomped night in and night out will weigh heavily on the conscious.

You gotta love how we came out of R1 though!!

WarHawks

Reaction score
I’m happy with our selections but, I lean towards them wanting AR if he was there. Seattle would’ve been a great place for AR to sit back a couple of years.

In Indy, he’s going to get thrown to the wolves and in these very forums, their will be a bunch of “told you so’s” but again, two years under Geno would’ve made a helluva difference.

My guess is that he won’t have time to develop and the mental aspect of getting molly-whomped night in and night out will weigh heavily on the conscious.

Definitely. I think the Colts are a terrible place for AR to land for the reasons you stated, and I think the Hawks would have been perfect for him. Oh well. Water under the bridge. Spoon looks like a heat seeking missile, and the top WR doesn't suck either.

GemCity

Reaction score
Definitely. I think the Colts are a terrible place for AR to land for the reasons you stated, and I think the Hawks would have been perfect for him. Oh well. Water under the bridge. Spoon looks like a heat seeking missile, and the top WR doesn't suck either.
💯

Hawknight

Reaction score
I think Houston trading up and going back to back may have put a kink in things, but it's all speculation of course. I would have guessed a QB needy team trading up with Arizona.

Chapow

Reaction score
Will Anderson & Spoon we're the two guys they wanted.

I think that's extremely likely. I also think it's extremely likely that they were well aware that there was never much of a chance that Anderson would still be available.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
If they were sniped, then yes, I agree they should have moved up to get him. But, they decided not to force the issue. Now we still have no long term answer at qbotf. If they grab one in the middle rounds, that doesn't exactly inspire confidence either. And next year we will likely be picking in the 20's. So, not sure what their long term strategy is for qb. No idea whatsoever.

Why does there have to be a long-term strategy? I mean frankly speaking, Geno easily could be here for 3 years and at that point can we really expect a 75 year old Pete to even be the coach?

Going with the tackles last year & JSN this year indicates the team’s belief that great blocking & great receiving can overcome not having a top 5 QB. In fact that might have always been JS/PC’s football cosmology but Wilson exceeded their own expectations to the point where they had to adapt.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Well, if we're frankly speaking, if they are planning on just rolling with Geno for the next few years, then I think they are settling, given the extremely high level of qb play in the sb. I just don't think he's the guy. If he proves me wrong, great. Just my opinion.

hawks85

Reaction score
Devon Witherspoon was one of two players they wanted at that 5th pick. Not sure it was a gut punch to land a top 2 player on your draft board.
Nah, they weren't sniped. Pete is re-creating the LOB V2. Although, I am a little stunned they haven't selected a DT going into the 3rd round.

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
Right, he was one of TWO players they wanted at 5. So who was the other player? Anderson? Richardson?
Anderson. At 5 they were prepared to take Anderson or Witherspoon. If neither was on the board they would have been working hard to move back. I have no idea who the 3rd option would have been if Anderson and Witherspoon were both gone and they couldn't find a trade partner to move back, but I highly doubt it was any of the QBs.

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
We were also sniped at 20 because I think they wanted Kancey & thought they were getting him & then Tampa took him at 19.
I seriously doubt it. I'm guessing that had Kancey still been available, Jaxson would still have been the pick. The only guy drafted in the 5 picks before 20 that may have been ahead of Jaxson on their board was McDonald.

HawkinNY

Reaction score

AR has so much work to do. Before the combine he wasn’t even graded as a first round pick. Florida fans wanted him benched during the year. He’s really bad at the position. He’s one hell of an athlete. But will never be a great qb. He won’t even be as good as Kaep was when he played bad.

Latest posts