I suspect that for Game #2 Thursday night, we see the "starters" on the field...

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
He's played in 4 games with Seattle. TOTAL
And really 3 and a half. I want him to do well, we're likely stuck with him.
Can you honestly say you're confident he can win a game in the 4th quarter when it matters? Serious question.
No, and I've never said otherwise, other than when he came off the bench and went 98 yards on the Rams starting defense, only to have Lockett fall down on a route and end the game on a pick.

Implying you'd be confident in Lock when he just ended a game by ignoring a protection slide he needed to make and turning the ball over is just as, if not more, unreasonable.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Not confident in EITHER, not even close
Exactly - so why this adamant?

You're fighting over two stopgaps. Give it to whichever one wins the job legitimately.

Geno made two great throws last night and otherwise played okay, but a bit slow.

Lock was a bit more dynamic, but missed the placement on a couple and ended the game with a severe mistake.

They've both got their rubs, and it's way closer than people think it is.

Echawks

Reaction score
I am so conflicted, I don’t want to watch a losing team but I really want a shot at Young or Stroud

Ruminator

Reaction score
This is one of the rare years I'd rather suck (finish with 3 wins, for example) than be fair/mediocre (finish with 9 wins, for example). I'm not making any predictions. Just figure if we "only" get 9 wins with Smith or Lock, then we probably need a QB with our first pick in 2023. That said, I would be surprised if we fail to win at least 6 games. Which would kind of suck.

Last edited:

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Apparently lock is taking reps with the starters. Maybe he will start thursday after all.
If I'm being honest neither guy is the answer but my excitement level for Geno is 0.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
There is also the mental aspect of the game. We all saw what happened to David Carr, and his promising career. Denver did a good job of starting to send Lock in the same direction.

If Pete sees Lock as a promising reclamation project, then bringing him along slowly, letting Geno to take those early season hits, while the line gels, may be a good move. Once things are clicking on the line, and Lock has more time learning the system, he has a much higher chance of a successful career.
THIS^^^

GemCity

Reaction score
Perhaps the worst QB room in the NFL.

I’m plenty optimistic though. Solid draft…watch these rookies develop. Mafe looks real good!

But, I’m a realist. Just wondering which kid they’re eyeballing in next years draft.