I have a feeling....

Kryten

Reaction score
I think they're waiting until after the SB because someone at the top of their list is in it. Probably want to at least interview them before selecting.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Finally taking off my lurking suit to add a opinion:

Honestly, between the two, I’d rather have Kelly. Imo, He’s a better fit for young coach like MacDonald with plenty of experiences good and bad of being a head coach if not more. MacDonald as of now needs a guy with that type of experience and resume to handle the Offensive personnel. Like others in other threads who have dove deeper than I have said Kelly might do well in a OC only role focusing solely on offense rather than a team in whole away from all other distractions and duties of being the top guy in control.

It also helps that two of three Kelly’s best players on his 2022 UCLA offense are currently Seahawks in Charbs and Bobo. Specifically remembering the UCLA team that handed the Huskies one of their 3 losses in DeBoer’s tenure.

And it wouldn’t bother me to let’s say with Kelly and MacDonald, Walker and Woolen aren’t big time fits for them and you could swing a trade to land Kelly’s other best player of his 2022 offense in QB DTR.

Walker and Woolen to the Browns for DTR, 2nd round pick, and 5th round pick.

Makes sense for the Browns because Walker imo would strive behind that Oline with Watson’s running ability and NJoku becoming a scary ass TE would take pressure out of the box and put Walker in better opportunities to find space. That and cutting Chubb saves them almost 12m. Woolen is more iffy as he has the ability to start but in the very least gives them a solid rotational chess piece with length, speed, and tons of the play-making potential and pedigree which their defense seemed to really strive on in this past year. Browns are in a competitive window are starting to feel cap restraints for the first time in what feels forever. So it would make sense to add low cost immediate impact each with 2 years on their contract rather than gamble in the draft.

Make sense for the Seahawks as they need to start rolling the dice on some QBs. Some might not like DTR but he kind of reminds me of discount Lamar Jackson and gives Kelly a QB he knows well and can run his offense at least in the interim. JS doesn’t have to worry about extensions on those two players especially with guys like Charbs (who Kelly probably will prefer starting over Walker if both were to stay) and Witherspoon right behind them and both perhaps are much better fits long term for the new regime. And most importantly you get back the draft ammo you lost trading for Big Cat which is huge for a young coach trying to rebuild a team with his own guys and scheme fits.

Honestly, I did not like the Kelly and Quinn combo but Kelly and McDonald makes a lot of sense as he would have Kelly (as well as Frazier) to lean on from his experiences and be more comfortable with for Kelly to handle his duties which he wouldn’t have gotten from other OC candidates like Grubb or Engstrand, who would have more growing pains and learning curves for sure even though they might be considered up and comers.

So I feel Kelly is my guy and he could have more pull, insight to help fill out an offensive staff (looking at Ryan Gunderson and DeShaun Foster on his current UCLA staff) as well as a better feel to help identify and scout offensive players in draft the next 3-4 years much like Carroll was able to do when he first came aboard.

Last edited:

GemCity

Reaction score
…that tonight’s gonna be a good night?

chris98251

Reaction score
Just no to Kelly, guy is a time bomb, huge ego, in my mind if he won't recruit and wants to pout take it somewhere else.

flv2

Reaction score
I'm not sure why everyone is down on Eric Bieniemy. We could do a lot worse than him. I don't know if you can count this year against him. The Commanders had Sam Howell and C minus playmakers around him.
With young and inexperienced players you'd expect a rocky start and a stronger finish. The Commanders started 2-0 and finished 0-8. Their offensive play got worse through the season. The negativity wasn't just around the HC & DC. Only the Seahawks are looking at Bieniemy. The Panthers DC was in a similar situation but he got interviews elsewhere.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I'm not sure why everyone is down on Eric Bieniemy. We could do a lot worse than him. I don't know if you can count this year against him. The Commanders had Sam Howell and C minus playmakers around him.
Eric Bieniemy presided over an absolute disaster end to the year. They imploded in spectacular fashion on offense.

Yeah, its partially talent, but when comparing him to potential OCs like Chip Kelly, you know what Chip did when he had Nick Foles and dogshit receivers?

Coached him to 27 TDs and 2 INTs.

Also saddled with Mark Sanchez and Sam Bradford at the spot. Coached both to... not 2023 Commanders level implosions.

Moving to candidates like Ryan Grubb and Tanner Engstrand, we've got more guys who have coached some inspiring units in the past at different levels, but aren't coming off massive weeks-long implosions they had no answer for.

Eric's stock is down down. No Reid to call the plays for him, no Mahomes at QB, and it didn't end well. So with cracks showing in the results, what's there to make up for the fact that he isn't particularly valued anywhere he goes for some reason? Reid never let him be the primary and the Commanders cared not one iota about him leaving.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Run / pass ratio is wack a doodle, along with most of the “bad teams”.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Some interesting stuff out there about Kelly ..including some racism claims that I won't post here to keep politics out of it..they were disputed by several players.. LeSean Mccoy had this to say

Latest posts