I have a feeling....

Chawker

Reaction score
That the Seahawks are going to make a mistake by hiring Chip Kelly and/or Eric Bieniemy as OC. They are well known coaches that have "tendencys" with the way they operate. I was really hoping for Grubb.

Could hiring a well known coach be a strike agaist them ?

Last edited:

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Itll be Kelly or someone from KC. I haven't even seen anything where Seattle was interested in Bienemy

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I just posed the same question. 😉

Maybe he meant "or?" Idk.

Bieniemy's not on anyone radar that I've read this week........and certainly not someone you'd hire WITH another veteran coordinator like Kelly.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Probably from this parody account. They tweeted this and got a little traction on Twitter.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
I think maybe the lions passing game coordinator but I said that a week ago maybe it will be some rando from college

hawks85

Reaction score
Chip Kelly won't be a good fit here on a personal level. Dude may be a good O-coordinator, but the dictator attitude won't go over well here. Honestly, I would have kept Waldron for another year to see what he's got now that Pete is gone.

Last edited:

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Chip Kelly won't be a good fit here on a persona level. Dude may be a good O-coordinator, but the dictator attitude won't go over well here. Honestly, I would have kept Waldron for another year to see what he's got now that Pete is gone.
I am a coin flip on that one. Wouldn't have minded if Waldron stuck around on a one year very short leash but not at all upset we will be going a different direction either.

bileever

Reaction score
I'm not sure why everyone is down on Eric Bieniemy. We could do a lot worse than him. I don't know if you can count this year against him. The Commanders had Sam Howell and C minus playmakers around him.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Eric B has a reputation as a guy that is tough/terrible to work with. You can be a jerk, but if you are jerk and don't deliver results - it creates a death spiral.

Not very excited about that. Chip was a bit ahead of his time. Maybe today's 'easier for offense' NFL will be better for him. Not sure our roster will work for him.

I really wanted Grubb, not because of the was a Husky thing (still pissed that UW did not hire him)...but because he is a fantastic offensive mind and great at creating matchups that work for him. That wins in college and it wins in the NFL.

You never know but it is disappointing Grubb seems out of the running already.

James in PA

Reaction score
I'm down on Bienemy because his squad had the most passing attempts last season. And that was with Sam Howell. No thanks. We need to pound the rock.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
He probably realizes like everyone else that most of the advantages given to the offense are in the passing game. And that passing is 3x more valuable than running.
We are probably at least 3 years away from a primarily rushing team being able to be any kind of threat in the playoffs (not counting QB rushes). SF is the outlier, and many of their rushes are from the WRs.
As defenses get lighter and more spread out eventually rushing will become a matchup advantage but its going to have to be a huge advantage to offset how rules and the game is called disadvantages run offenses vs pass offenses.

12forlife

Reaction score
I'm down on Bienemy because his squad had the most passing attempts last season. And that was with Sam Howell. No thanks. We need to pound the rock.
I'm not against once we get a top 10 defense again and have the lead in the 2nd half of games , leaning on our run game. I also feel if we are able to replace Lockett with a younger/cheaper option to take the top off a defense & resign Fant with the right OC/game plan we could have a scary balanced offense.

chris98251

Reaction score
Redskins had crap for a line, yes I said Redskins, possibly the chance of success running was less, in KC they ran a lot and while he didn't call plays he was very involved. One season for a lousy compilation of players as a OC does not make a career although it can be hard to continue one.