Hurtt would be a HORRIBLE choice as DC

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Let’s promote someone who was part of the worst defense in NFL history for large parts of multiple seasons to the boss. STUPIDITY.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm having a nice crust-less quiche tonight. Should be delicious. What is on everyone's menu tonight?

Elemas

Reaction score
White chicken chili. Love that stuff in cold weather.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
GemCity":o3uy02nx said:
White chicken chili. Love that stuff in cold weather.

Excellent choice! I love white chicken chili.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Unless Hurtt was involved in the personnel blunders then I don't see the relevance. The defense played decently the last two seasons compared to the roster that they were fielding. The path to improving the defense starts with the front office.

The main issue is inexperience which it looks like they're supplementing with Donatell.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Angus burgers grilled with the works (siracha sauce, blue cheese, etc.). Lots of side dishes to complement them.

Can't wait for supper.

James in PA

Reaction score
I think most of us expected Pete to do something like this. What gives me hope is the addition of Donatell and hopefully Desai. These guys all come from the Fangio tree. Hopefully they can put their heads together and inject new life into this defense.

Chawker

Reaction score
I was hoping for Bradly.

Another year of the same ol stuff. Over paid aging players with our first pick going to Pete's cornback. Who will have walleye vision.

James in PA

Reaction score
I am surprised that Gus wasn't even mentioned as a candidate. I wonder what's up with that.

hinton

Reaction score
Chicken Parmo or dinner tonight. Waited all week for this.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Grabbing some to go food from the Ram. Stadium Mushroom burger....always a solid choice.
And getting my wife toasted for her birthday at home. I have a strong pour :irishdrinkers:
Have a great weekend everyone.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":r1jj2ph9 said:
Let’s promote someone who was part of the worst defense in NFL history for large parts of multiple seasons to the boss. STUPIDITY.
I honestly think whoever is DC or OC under Carroll, it’s not going to look vastly different from the predecessor.

Everything has to fall in line with Carroll and Carroll‘a system first and foremost.

You want to see actual changes?

Start with replacing Carroll first.

That’s when the real changes and differences take place.

Hurtt hire will not be so different from the general scheme Carroll plays on defense.

If there is more talent defensively, it can look different.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
James in PA":3g3o138f said:
I am surprised that Gus wasn't even mentioned as a candidate. I wonder what's up with that.

He's run the same old tired cover 3 for a decade now. Even Seattle, as much criticism as they get, has evolved significantly past that.

He also just led the worst redzone defense since 1981.

Bad, bad choice

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":3bdybghq said:
JayhawkMike":3bdybghq said:
I honestly think whoever is DC or OC under Carroll, it’s not going to look vastly different from the predecessor.

Everything has to fall in line with Carroll and Carroll‘a system first and foremost.

You want to see actual changes?

Start with replacing Carroll first.

That’s when the real changes and differences take place.

Hurtt hire will not be so different from the general scheme Carroll plays on defense.

If there is more talent defensively, it can look different.

What changes are we talking about?

The defensive scheme has changed fairly hugely over the past couple of years.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":9e2gv1z1 said:

The guy shits out NFL quality defensive tackles out of roster fillers.

He's the best example of good coaching on the entire defensive side of the ball, and he's getting a pass game coordinator to handle the rest.

King Dog

Reaction score
Pete has decided to hire a yes man instead of someone with fresh ideas of course. That's the way it is.

NJlargent

Reaction score
At least it will be easy to come up with a nickname for him when he proves to stink and be a yes man.

seabowl

Reaction score
Most of us know absolutely nothing about Hurtt and are passing judgement. We are all afraid that it will still be Pete running the show and want something new. IF Hurtt is given that opportunity then we can pass judgement.