Huge step towards HFA today.

sutz

Reaction score
Well, it's nice that both teams that are chasing us for HFA are not only two games back, but they almost have to beat us to overcome that deficit. San Fran, because we beat them earlier and they need to win to balance out the HTH tiebreaker, and finish with an equal or better record, and NO because...well, just because.

:)

12thManNorth

Reaction score
It's nice being in control of our own destiny to be sure. We win out, we're the #1 seed. We don't, well that's our own fault and we need some help

I don't love Carolina's chances at SF next week, but it's definitley one of SF's more challenging games remaining. For those who didn't know, the #1 point differential team in the NFC is.............your Carolina Panthers

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
12thManNorth":247xebb6 said:
It's nice being in control of our own destiny to be sure. We win out, we're the #1 seed. We don't, well that's our own fault and we need some help

I don't love Carolina's chances at SF next week, but it's definitley one of SF's more challenging games remaining. For those who didn't know, the #1 point differential team in the NFC is.............your Carolina Panthers

The Panthers are a very good football team. Ron Rivera was holding them back but has been coaching much better since the Bills loss.

That defense is nasty and Cam Newton is a stud. The Niners are in for a fight on Sunday.

BlueTalons

Reaction score
The Panthers have won five of six by at least 15 points. Their one loss in that stretch was by 16 to Arizona...go figure...

kf3339

Reaction score
I have a very strong feeling that the Niners are going to lose their next two games against the Panthers and Saints. Hope I'm right because that will really put us in the drivers seat for our division.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
kf3339":kzs7yeuc said:
I have a very strong feeling that the Niners are going to lose their next two games against the Panthers and Saints. Hope I'm right because that will really put us in the drivers seat for our division.

I think there's a very strong possibility that 49ers lose one of the next 2 games. Go into the Saints house will be no picnic and with the way there defense has improved I think that's the most likely loss for SF. Last year SF play NO and won thanks to 2 pick- 6's of Drew Brees.

jblaze

Reaction score
The Saints loss was huge, the one time I was rooting for the Jets.

The 49'ers next two weeks will be very telling.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Every week the Hawks win is a step closer to HFA. Look, I don't care about how the Hawks win. We know how they are capable of playing when it matters. They have showed us time and time again that they do not give up on any game. When they play teams that are considered to be strong, the Hawks come out and lay a whopping on them. The game in ATL is the worst one left on the schedule IMHO. If the Hawks can somehow pull it off AGAIN, they are in seriously good business with the remaining games left for each of the contenders.

8-1.. And the Arrival is near

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2mb309av said:
Every week the Hawks win is a step closer to HFA. Look, I don't care about how the Hawks win. We know how they are capable of playing when it matters. They have showed us time and time again that they do not give up on any game. When they play teams that are considered to be strong, the Hawks come out and lay a whopping on them. The game in ATL is the worst one left on the schedule IMHO. If the Hawks can somehow pull it off AGAIN, they are in seriously good business with the remaining games left for each of the contenders.

8-1.. And the Arrival is near
That's some mighty fine Kool-Aid you're quaffing, Loaf. :)

stack600

Reaction score
Help is great, But controlling our own destiny is greater. Just beat em both and take the NFC West and The NFC HFA......And with the road to Met Life in Feb. going thru our house....Take the NFC Championship. Which would mean beating one or both the Saints or Niners in the playoffs.

Jeremy517

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3o666gyy said:
The Panthers are a very good football team. Ron Rivera was holding them back but has been coaching much better since the Bills loss.

That defense is nasty and Cam Newton is a stud. The Niners are in for a fight on Sunday.

Ron Rivera has made one of the most stunning turnarounds in sports history. At the start of the year, he was probably the worst decision-maker in the league. Now, he's one of the best. I'm glad we caught Carolina pre-transformation, because there were a couple times in that game where I was ecstatic that the Panthers punted instead of going for it, and the new Riverboat Ron would have gone for it for sure.