How well respected is Schneider in the locker room?

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Listened to an interview on KJR last night with John Moffit following his trade to Cleveland. When he was asked what his initial reaction to hearing about the trade was he responded "Wow, I'm really going to miss working for John Schneider." He was not being sarcastic, this was a geniune response, and he is thinking about the guy that just traded him away.

Pretty awesome.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
I dont know. He sounded genuine but did you see he was doing the interview wearing nothing but a kilt? Then the way he ran off doing high heel kicks was a little bizarre too wadnt it? Gonna miss the guy tho.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
The NFL vid "Learning to Finish" about the 2012 Hawks shows a lot of hugs for and from JS. I think the players sincerely love the guy and his approach to football and each player as an individual. Even those guys who get cut/released like Leon have had nothing bad to say. So far, the only one I've heard anything negative from (again, that I've heard and I don't listen to everything) is Kellen Winslow. Whatever, Kellen.

Would you enjoy working with PC and JS? I know I would!

Hawks46

Reaction score
JS seems likeable, and he also seems very available to the players...but he has his role. He doesn't try to be the coach, or do too much like Jerry Jones does.

I did read something about Winslow whining about Seattle when in NE, but it seemed part of the reason he was booted was negativity; the rumor was he was whining about targets already.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I get the impression that at least as far as professional sports gm's go, Schneider is very genuine. This goes a very very long way with people, you can't fake it, that's the point.

Latest posts