Holy schnikes

scutterhawk

Reaction score

Elebe looks pretty good too.

I've been sitting back & wondering what the hell some of y'all are PROFESSIN' to know about our N-E-W Quarterback chapter.
I watched better than an hour of Kaleb Eleby's tape, and this kid is way better than he's being given credit for.
NOW, obviously we are talking PROFESSIONAL Football and all BUT, I think this young man is being wayyy overlooked by many fans here on .NET, this kid is sincere & TALENTED...Now, will he impress when the lights come on? I dunno, but I gotta say, he checks a HELL OF A LOT OF THE BOXES @ being the kind of Quarterback that Pete covets.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Eleby's highlight reel is certainly a bunch of perfectly thrown balls of all distances -- short, intermediate, and long, including some rainbows that remind of of a certain professional QB whose name escapes me because he isn't here anymore.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'm not impressed. You can find great videos of just about anyone in the country. It's like shopping for a new car by watching the commercials on TV. Let's wait until at least the preseason before we pronounce someone as legitimate competition.

Ruminator

Reaction score
On the other hand, there are a lot of college QBs who start many games for 3 years or more and never look that good.

OP
OP
TeamoftheCentury

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
I'm not impressed. You can find great videos of just about anyone in the country. It's like shopping for a new car by watching the commercials on TV. Let's wait until at least the preseason before we pronounce someone as legitimate competition.
With this logic, you could dismiss every prospect. I think everyone realizes it's putting one's best resume forward.

RiverDog

Reaction score
With this logic, you could dismiss every prospect. I think everyone realizes it's putting one's best resume forward.
That's not the point. The point I was trying to make was that using a highlight video that shows only selected plays is not a good method of evaluating a player. You're looking at the prospect through a filter that doesn't show you the fumbles, interceptions, and bone head mistakes. It's not a good representation of their strengths and weaknesses.

As I said earlier, using these types of videos to appraise a player is analogues to deciding which car to buy by watching television commercials.

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
As I said earlier, using these types of videos to appraise a player is analogues to deciding which car to buy by watching television commercials.
Or making the opposite appraisal based upon the things assumed within one's own mind from one's limited knowledge and experience regarding any particular player within a system or systems unrelated to the current one.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I'm assuming Eleby has been on the radar since they scouted Eskridge.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Somehow we managed to pick up two Levi’s as UDFA. This should get us a compensatory pick in next year’s draft.

Nunya

Reaction score
These types of videos are used by about every QB scout in the nation. They care little about the outcome of the play, but are more focused on footwork, awareness, execution, mechanics, and attributes. They tell much more than a "commercial". Though I do agree that highlight videos do not show a complete story.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
These types of videos are used by about every QB scout in the nation. They care little about the outcome of the play, but are more focused on footwork, awareness, execution, mechanics, and attributes. They tell much more than a "commercial". Though I do agree that highlight videos do not show a complete story.
Yep, that's why they employ Scouts that do more than just scratch the surface...That's how & why Russell Wilson wasn't taken until the third round of that Draft.
I'm not making the claim that Eleby or Lewis is in the Russell Wilson category, but they were invited to show their wares last week, LOL, so someone in Seahawk land had shown more than just some passing interest, eh?

Jegpeg

Reaction score
Russ was also a very case of a QB drafted outside the first 2 rounds who started week 1, the only other guy in recent history is Dak and that wouldn't have happened if Rome hadn't got injured. (Dak is in fact the second lowest drafted QB who started in week 1 (first was Randy Hedberg in 1977 but I know nothing about him).
If a QB has any chance of being ready to start in the NFL 5 months after the draft they will be picked, almost certainly by Friday. The best hope for Levi and Eleby is they become the next Dave Krieg, spending this season and probably most of next as 2nd/3rd string before eventually being polished enough to be the starter (even that is a long shot).

Optimus25

Reaction score
I don’t care about so much draft beatnik bs. I look at wins. Are you a gamer or not? That’s where the draft losers lost on Russell Wilson. His college days were full of Ws. Looking at Levi’s college season last year, wow, dude is a gamer. Let’s try it out.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
They trucked in over 20 athletes for closer looks last week, they have invested a lot of 'Scouting' time & money, so I doubt they are taking any of these guys for granted.
With Wilson gone, they can't afford NOT to spend some extra time on these 2 SCOUTED Quarterbacks.
Just my 2 cents.