Holy schnikes

OP
OP
TeamoftheCentury

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
That's not the point. The point I was trying to make was that using a highlight video that shows only selected plays is not a good method of evaluating a player. You're looking at the prospect through a filter that doesn't show you the fumbles, interceptions, and bone head mistakes. It's not a good representation of their strengths and weaknesses.

As I said earlier, using these types of videos to appraise a player is analogues to deciding which car to buy by watching television commercials.
It's actually a great way to evaluate because it shows their potential. My youngest son will be playing college football this coming season and he didn't get noticed by putting together a low- light reel. I guess we can agree to disagree. Sure, there's a lot more evaluation that goes into it. I don't contest that. You have good points my friend.

RiverDog

Reaction score
It's actually a great way to evaluate because it shows their potential. My youngest son will be playing college football this coming season and he didn't get noticed by putting together a low- light reel. I guess we can agree to disagree. Sure, there's a lot more evaluation that goes into it. I don't contest that. You have good points my friend.
Congrats to you and your son.

I didn't mean to suggest that highlight reels are worthless or irrelevant. They work fine as attention getter, as in your son's case, but I can guarantee you that any coach worth their weight is not going to use them as a primary tool to evaluate players. They might look at it to confirm an impression, check out something that a scout told them about a certain attribute, like a receiver's footwork, or cause them to dig into the prospect a little further, but they're not going to make a draft decision or, in your son's case, make a scholarship offer, based primarily on what they saw in a highlight reel.

Maui12thman

Reaction score
There’s a reason that you have never heard his name until he was signed by the Hawks. Dude, there is only one Dave Kreig. now pass me the koolaid

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Saw this breakdown of Lewis and it does get the juices flowing a little bit.

Anybody know if Eleby signed after his camp try out?