Hearing a lot about the Defense

Scout

Reaction score
The Hawks need to find a new O identity fast if they are going to have both starting tackles out for a while.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Just for clarity yes they got 9 more trash yards on the final meaningless play.

I was really looking forward to see what this offense could do. It needs to improve and do it fast.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Let’s be real though. Our offense fell apart in the second half. 3 yards of offense. No defense can help you win with that kind of offensive play.

Don’t get me wrong, our defense needs work but today the offense shit the bed.
They both shit the bed, the dresser, the counters and the front door. Both sides were absolutely awful. Torched by nobodies, barely laid a hand on Stafford, decided not to defend the middle and still tackle like crap. This was a total team loss, from coach to ball boy.

knownone

Reaction score
Eh, the offense wasn't the issue. We lost our starting tackles after the first drive of the second half against a fairly dominant pass rush. Geno had no time to throw. And we couldn't lean into our running game because we were playing from behind, and our defense couldn't get off the field.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Ken Norton is trash we actually have good players but Pete needs to go he's obviously done
Ken Norton hasn't been with the Seahawks since the end of 2021 season. Ken Norton's defense was better than what the Seahawks D has shown since he left.

HawaiiD

Reaction score
Let’s be real though. Our offense fell apart in the second half. 3 yards of offense. No defense can help you win with that kind of offensive play.

Don’t get me wrong, our defense needs work but today the offense shit the bed
This loss was 90% on the defense
They simply could not get off the field.As usual they make a backup(Nacua)
Look like an all pro our DC sucks balls.Absolutly no adjustment in the 2nd half. Why is it that Hurtt only sends extra pressure in the very end?
The rams blitzed like every other play while pressing our receivers see how that worked out for them Mr.Hurtt?All we see is the same 2 high zone corners playing soft then dime on 3rd down,then repeat.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Our offense, kept run run run with walker, and it seems the pass plays today were 90% all focused-on Lockett... until the bs hit. Thats poor game planning by PC and OC..

Chapow

Reaction score

The offense fell apart after we lost both of our starting tackles. The defense was an abomination the whole game outside the 1 drive the Rams started 1st and 30.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Top to bottom this is one of the worst Seahawk games I can remember. Offense certainly fell apart, I won't give them any excuses, both OT going out is never easy but you should be able to convert something. I just knew that series before half where Waldron called back to back tempo runs to Dallas was going to cost them. 3 TO's, could have bled the clock and scheme something up. Instead they almost give up a field goal before half and from that point on nothing went right.

Regardless - this might be the worst defense in the NFL. It's been that way for years and today was some of the softest garbage I can remember having the misfortune of watching. There isn't one guy out there. Not once when they needed a stop did someone step up. Rams were like 10000/10004 on third down, throwing to a bunch of no names, all over the middle, wide open. Maybe when Adams and Spoon come back they can bring some intensity because sure as hell don't have anyone at the moment. Brown and Bryant shouldn't play another down this year besides random dime looks or special teams. Hurtt should never have been given keys to the DC job and sure as hell shouldn't have kept his job last year.

James in PA

Reaction score
Both units completely sucked today. Pete Carroll teams always gets out coached by McVay teams in all phases. They have no answers for the Rams unless the Rams happen to be playing with a shell of their roster. Only then is it an even match up that could truly go either way.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Walker looked pissed on the sidelines. Give him the ball, stop with the stupid deep throws on 3rd and 3.
Yeah even Sanchez pointed that out. Why no slant to DK? Waldron didn't have his best day today. 3 yards in the second half... damn.

mikeak

Reaction score

Yes but what was the excuse for the defense on the drives in first half.

Same as usual could not get off the field. 7/9 on 3rd down in first half