Head vs Heart

minormillikin

Reaction score
I am not capable of watching the Seahawks and rooting for a loss. Even in preseason when wins don't matter or necessarily mean anything, there's an emotional force that makes me want them to win.
Same thing today, my feelings want a win, and my feelings want the Packers to lose so the Seahawks can go to the playoffs.

Now to the brain:
Winning this game today, particularly if the Packers lose and the Seahawks go to the playoffs, could be a longterm setback for the franchise. It could mean many more years of the worst sort of mediocrity: Mediocrity where it seems like we're always just around the bend from becoming a great team, but never quite get there.

But in reality, greatness won't come without major changes.
Being a "playoff team" is not going to motivate any big changes.

Solution: To quiet the brain, and settle the heart, I shall drink.

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
Exactly how I feel. I want them to win and get in but not at the expense of another year or two of this bullshit. Good post. 🍺🍺🍺
I am not capable of watching the Seahawks and rooting for a loss. Even in preseason when wins don't matter or necessarily mean anything, there's an emotional force that makes me want them to win.
Same thing today, my feelings want a win, and my feelings want the Packers to lose so the Seahawks can go to the playoffs.

Now to the brain:
Winning this game today, particularly if the Packers lose and the Seahawks go to the playoffs, could be a longterm setback for the franchise. It could mean many more years of the worst sort of mediocrity: Mediocrity where it seems like we're always just around the bend from becoming a great team, but never quite get there.

But in reality, greatness won't come without major changes.
Being a "playoff team" is not going to motivate any big changes.

Solution: To quiet the brain, and settle the heart, I shall drink.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I agree. It doesn't feel natural to cheer for the Seattle lose. Having said this , like many have said , I'm apathetic whether they win or lose. If the Seahawks losing would guarantee changes to the status quo, I would be ok in this instance.

xgeoff

Reaction score
I am rooting for a win, but what I really want is for them to right the ship. There are foundational issues here that I think stem from the coordinators.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Always root for a win. Losing guarantees nothing. It doesn’t guarantee change that some are yammering for. It doesn’t guarantee that they will draft a better player even if the choice is a handful of picks earlier. All losing this game does is guarantee a losing season.