"He does what you tell him" Carroll on Geno in Waldron system

Torc

Reaction score
I disagree. When Pete says he listens he’s really saying Russ wasn’t. I was a huge Russ fan but it’s so disappointing to hear this. When he’d say Go Hawks he was really saying Go Russ
If Go Hawks = Go Russ, then "Let's Ride" = ??? not sure I wanna think about that one too hard. :p

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Agreed, Rams when they have the right bodies on the field are unstoppable, lesser player however make them look beatable, we have stud players that can play in the system. Lucky for that, so if we don't stop ourselves few can stop us or the Rams offense as well if we have the right personnel to play it.
Do you think we have the right personnel for the Waldron system? If not, which position needs a boost?

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
It's not really Geno they need to "figure out." It's Waldron's system that Geno is playing. And that looks like something at least out of the 21st Century for a change. There is a lot of misdirection and motion designed to confuse the D, coupled with an ability to execute plays from different looks and formations. While we may not have a solid WR3, we do have 3 TEs who can block and catch and RBs who can catch and run as well.

I've really been enjoying it so far and looking forward to new wrinkles. :)
Especially the TEs for me have been fun to watch. Just move the chains.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not defending him one bit. I'm glad he's gone. Very.
Man, some people are sensitive. Don't like what I post, put me on ignore. It's real simple. The guy is Denver's problem now.

Last edited:

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Not defending him one bit. I'm glad he's gone. Very.
Man, some people are sensitive. Don't like what I post, put me on ignore. It's real simple. The guy is Denver's problem now.
I can vouch for Soulfish. He didn't have kind things to say about Wilson when he left. He's far from a Wilson defender. He's just tired of hearing about him in every thread.

Seattle Person

Reaction score
Do you think we have the right personnel for the Waldron system? If not, which position needs a boost?

I think we pretty much have the players to run a wide-zone type of system. The WRs are versatile and can run block. The Oline is mobile and can pull. The TEs can block. The biggest upgrade they need is a better upside Center that can hold up vs really good defenses. They can use another guard to upgrade from Gabe Jackson. Maybe another WR just in case the big 2 miss time.

Scout

Reaction score
I think we pretty much have the players to run a wide-zone type of system. The WRs are versatile and can run block. The Oline is mobile and can pull. The TEs can block. The biggest upgrade they need is a better upside Center that can hold up vs really good defenses. They can use another guard to upgrade from Gabe Jackson. Maybe another WR just in case the big 2 miss time.
Definitely need a WR3 to really make this type of offense hum with misdirection. An upgrade at center or guard would be good as well.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
That's what I've seen so far, too. There is some concern (reasonably), that defenses will 'figure out' Geno because they've got a month of tape on him now. But, as you point out, Geno has been diagnosing defenses pre-snap and even post-snap very well.

Is there really a 'look' that defenses have figured out to send at Geno that he's going to struggle with? I don't know. He's got an NFL record completion percentage to this point in the season, so I mean, he's completing passes on basically every type of coverage right now.

But I'm nowhere close to an NFL Defensive Coordinator, so we'll see.
To some extent all QB’s get figured out. It’s what you do about it after they adjust. But a run game that puts you in 2nd and 5 goes a long way.

bluengreen

Reaction score
I disagree. When Pete says he listens he’s really saying Russ wasn’t. I was a huge Russ fan but it’s so disappointing to hear this. When he’d say Go Hawks he was really saying Go Russ
I thought that "Go Hawks!" meant that he was a team player but it turned out that he all about his "legacy" before the team and "Go Hawks" was just personal branding, easily replaced with "Broncos country, let's ride!"

Seahawks country - let's fly! And forget about that self promoting douchebag. Pete tried to make him Superbowl MPV. It didn't work out.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Definitely need a WR3 to really make this type of offense hum with misdirection. An upgrade at center or guard would be good as well.
How does one draft pick fail both those needs at the same time? #DeeOverCreed

Reaction score
Just watched the game on NFL+. Two words come to my mind: crisp execution.

Jeezus do I love it when Geno steps up into the pocket. I've missed that simple move for so long...

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Just watched the game on NFL+. Two words come to my mind: crisp execution.

Jeezus do I love it when Geno steps up into the pocket. I've missed that simple move for so long...
Geno's footwork is efficient to my untrained eyes, and his 3 steps are 3 steps, no left right movements, or half step here and there. May be he is wearing those glass slippers, but his throws were deadly accurate most of the time.

Seak

Reaction score
What a tired, used up, decade old argument. Every single post becomes about the former guy. Yawn
I think its still relevant to how the team moves forward. Not sure if you are a RussCuck but the talk needs to be had.
Maybe the forumula to win super bowls is to have a cheap QB that can do "What they tell them do "
unless your the rams who seem to have unlimited cap space