Hawks not the best in the league at this moment

FPD

Reaction score
The return of our injured players will certainly help allay the concerns I have. But I'll definitely take the 4 and oh!

Blitzer88

Reaction score
RockHawk":2kxrx6bc said:
We didn't lose BECAUSE of injuries on the O-line (which was our norm for decades)
We won IN SPITE OF injuries on the O-line.

Agree 100% with this!

kobebryant

Reaction score
Saying Denver is better than Seattle is like saying Louisville is better than Alabama (maybe they are, but I doubt it)

Louisville and Denver both have the best QBs at their levels (Bridgewater, Manning) and are putting up massive numbers against JV opponents (whatever damn league Louisville is in this season, Denver's schedule thus far).

Seattle and Alabama are undefeated playing tough games against tough opponents (SF, @ Hou ; SEC) and winning with defense, running game and clutch QB play. Two teams you don't want to meet in a dark alley; can't say the same of the other two.

Hawk-A-Loogie

Reaction score
They had all the advantage in the world. Home field. Receive first in OT. Couldn't get it done. I agree with those that said we took the game from them.

Carmon1274

Reaction score
This team is above average at it's best.

OL makes the QB looks terrible. Doesn't have time to throw, gets sacked quite often. He already got sacked 13x, and is on pace for 60. Sure he won't get sacked for 60, but maybe close to 45.

Also OL makes the running game so bad. Before the Texans game Lynch was averageing 3.4 a run? Now he's averaging a 3.9, and also got really lucky with the 45 yard Beast Mode run.

I like the team, but JS/PC needs to find talent at the WR/TE position. It seems they are only good at drafting D,

Rice is getting Overpaid with 8.5 a contract year, and Zack Miller was one of the best Offensive players in Oakland, which his rookie year he was catching for
444yards/2nd year 778 yards/ 3rd year 805 yards/ 4th year 685 yards. I don't understand why we are not using them more.

SSEHAWK

Reaction score
Zach Miller has to stay into block because of our depleted O-line. He is one of the best blocking TE's in the league. He is like Marshawn, a Beast on offense.

CEHawk

Reaction score
We have the second biggest point spread for the season next to KC and a tougher schedule. I'd say there is no better measurement of who's best "right now". And it's not Denver, there not even second!

But to have a good shot at going to the Super Bowl we're going to have to have most of our players healthy and Bevell has to start countering that rush. Not sure why so few realize HE IS CALLING THE WRONG PLAYS. <shrug> It's not all the O-line's fault.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Hawks may not be the best in the league right now, but it doesn't matter because the hawks aren't AT their best right now, yet still 4 and 0.

Need to get their people back

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Out of the 5 unbeaten teams, how many have won two 10am games on the road in Houston and Carolina, plus destroyed the reigning NFC champs at home? All while missing their LT, elite receiver and half the pass rush?

We're fine.

Largent80

Reaction score
Broncos have not even played a decent defense yet, lets have this discussion when and if they ever do.

It may be in February.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Anyone who says the Texans gave the game away doesn't watch much football. Seahawks literally willed this win.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2q7pbdza said:
This entire thread is based on a BS premise. It is objectively impossible to measure who is the best team in the league after 4 games. There is a process by which the best teams are annually measured, I hear that process is called playoffs. Also, the OP proposes we fix our O line now. If he has some magic beans that cure sore knees, injured feet, and beat up arms, I am sure Pete is willing to fix the problems right now.

Last year Cardinal fans were having this very discussion. 4-0 ain't shit.

Wisdom at last, thanks Scott, it is a flawed premise and there is a process and is very early in the process.

The team is taking care of business despite having a serious injury list to overcome. Imagine them healthy.

Don't think Denver would be as happy with their results against the teams the Hawks have played missing as many key players as we presently are missing.

Like Sutz I think the team will peak later in the season, meanwhile one game at a time.

Am concerned about the OL but not yet worried. I think the above poster has slightly overstated their case and suggest he needs to wait until later in the year for his points to have more traction, let's wait and see. It is OK to express negative thoughts about the team here, but you need a thick skin.

sutz

Reaction score
As long as we're the best team in Jan/Feb, I don't really care about now. ;)

volsunghawk

Reaction score
SonicHawk":20b4jnrc said:
Anyone who says the Texans gave the game away doesn't watch much football. Seahawks literally willed this win.

Eh, it was a combination of both of those things. Schaub could have eaten that sack from Kam instead of throwing the pick six. The ensuing punt would have put a lot of field between the Seahawks and the tying score. That's not to say that Wilson and Co. couldn't have accomplished that, but Schaub made tying the game a hell of a lot easier.