Hawks have never had the #1 draft pick!

Rainger

Reaction score
AND wont next year!

From my hazy old age memory I can confidently say the Hawks in their history have never drafted first overall. Think about that through the bad teams of the 90s.

I believe they have drafted 2nd 2 times. The very first year they lost the coin toss to Tampa and drafted 2nd, and then again somewhere in the early 90s they drafted second, when they missed out on Drew Bledsoe. Think they took Meir that year.

So boys and girls I am stating right now, I don't think the Hawks will have the number one pick in 2023. I cant believe that this team will be the worst team in the league. So forget about tanking, forget about being the worst team, forget about the first pick it wont happen!

Can someone tell me if any other team has never had the #1 pick?

(PS they did win the supplemental draft lottery the year they picked the Boz, and no all you Boz haters, he wasn't that bad, many many bigger busts, in Seattle and the NFL.)

Last edited:

chrispy

Reaction score
As opposed to #1 overall, what about 2 in the top 10? ...maybe 2 in the top 7 or 8? It's not a stretch with current eye-test to think both Seahawks and Broncos would end up in the 4th quartile at the end of the season....

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
As opposed to #1 overall, what about 2 in the top 10? ...maybe 2 in the top 7 or 8? It's not a stretch with current eye-test to think both Seahawks and Broncos would end up in the 4th quartile at the end of the season....
2 in the top 10 is possible, sweet! But the Hawks will still win 8 games (I hope), Denver does have the easier schedule outside of their own division.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Good posts Rainger!
8 wins might be optimistic, but nothing wrong with that and I can relate.
I was thinking Boz while reading, but forgot it was supplemental draft. You're right, Boz wasn't bad at all, and he isn't the only one who got smucked by Bo, it's just that he was in primetime and national TV when it happened to him and he never lived it down.

So many memories to savor since this team began. Alexander's 5 TD in a half is one of those. Zorn to Largent a million times and each is one of those great memories, but Largent pancaking Watson deserves HOF status.