GoFalcons

Maulbert

Reaction score
Washington49er":2sxma0j8 said:
pmedic920":2sxma0j8 said:
Yep it’s fun watching these guys go at each other but not as much fun as watching the last few minutes of that game.

Holy Catfish, I still smile when I think about it, and I’d bet a $ that most Hawk fans feel the same.

Probably almost as fun as it was for 49er fans watching the Hawks get rammed last week.

Any given Sunday

Certainly as much fun as watching you guys blow a home game to the 5-9 Falcons who we already beat.

On the road.

:stirthepot:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":xi71di6k said:
RolandDeschain":xi71di6k said:
Marvin49":xi71di6k said:
RolandDeschain":xi71di6k said:
Injuries can absolutely account for losses. What they cannot account for, however, is your entire team looking flat and disinterested for the whole game.

DUDE.

EXACTLY. THAT WAS MY ENTIRE POINT.
My reply was primarily directed at some other Niner fans in here. Chill, Marvin. :)

No need.

Wasn't directed at you either...more other Seahawk fans on this site.

As for that other Niner fan here...just ignore him. Its glorious. He's taken to PMing me now to tell me how to post and teach me the errors of my ways...to be more like him I suppose.

Right. M'Kay.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :snack:

olyfan63

Reaction score
Good grief, Marvin49 writes a Fair and Balanced (tm) post about the Falcons game and people go crazy.
I can't even get excited about the Niner fan on Niner fan carnage. It's amusing, but a bad look overall, compared to actual football-related postings. What they hell, why not, a little drama; maybe a short burst here and there won't hurt. I forget which .NET mod it was, who said the classic, something like, "that seemed suspiciously like a forbidden ad hominem attack, frowned on here on .NET. Alright, I'll allow it." I simply ask for video to be posted from the cage match. And make sure the video includes plenty of shots of the bikini-clad ringside girls who hold up the cards with round numbers on them. Even if there's only 1 round.

Back to football... the Falcons have been playing inspired football the last few weeks. A healthy Julio is a difference-maker. The Falcons almost came back against us, from down 20 or whatever it was. Dan Quinn has them playing well, maybe too little too late, but playing well in an absolute NFL sense, and a threat to any NFL team. I thought the Falcons had a good shot to beat the Niners if the game was in Atlanta, but it was too much to hope for if the game was in SF. One factor I forgot to take into account was the familiarity between Quinn and Shanahan, as Quinn's former OC. I knew the 49ers D in particular was badly banged up, just like the Hawks D is, and basically a JV version of the D that got SF to an 8-0 start, but still felt SF would pull it out at home.

The way Marvin described the 49ers effort, just being "off" in this game, looking "flat and disinterested", so much in common with the stinker the Hawks put out there against the Rams.

As a Hawks fan, the loss to the Falcons was a nice gift to get, and really all it does is guarantee that week 17 will be for the Division, pretty much regardless of what happens next week, Hawks vs Cards and 49ers vs Rams. It would be wonderful to see the Rams hang an L on the Niners, but the tiebreaker consensus is that even if the Niners came in 11-4 and the Hawks came in 12-3, whoever wins that week 17 game takes the division, based on the current stat of tiebreakers, e.g., strength of victory/common opponents, etc.

As Hawk fans, we saw our JV defense nearly hand a three-score game back to the Panthers today, and need some big time plays late from Russell and Carson to seal the deal. By JV, I mean our D was down about 6 starters by games end, including Diggs, Wagner, and Shaquill, in addition to Clowney, Kendricks, and Ansah. So the Niners JV defense not being able to contain Julio and Matt Ryan? Not a huge surprise, in hindsight. Whichever team gets more key players back for Week 17 will have an edge.

The Seahawks face a similar risk from the Cardinals in week 16. as what SF fell to vs. Atlanta. Cardinals speedy rookie QB Kyler Murray can cause chaos for the Hawks D if we don't have a good plan and enough healthy players to execute it. I think there's already another active thread for that...

NINEster

Reaction score
Maulbert":3o5zcqle said:
Washington49er":3o5zcqle said:
pmedic920":3o5zcqle said:
Yep it’s fun watching these guys go at each other but not as much fun as watching the last few minutes of that game.

Holy Catfish, I still smile when I think about it, and I’d bet a $ that most Hawk fans feel the same.

Probably almost as fun as it was for 49er fans watching the Hawks get rammed last week.

Any given Sunday

Certainly as much fun as watching you guys blow a home game to the 5-9 Falcons who we already beat.

On the road.

Doesn’t work like that Maulbert. Your three losses so far the Niners did better in those games, all 3 of them on the road for SF. In fact outside of falcons, which common opponent did you have a better winning differential than the niners? Steelers? This is not a road you want to go down.

I knew the Niners would struggle against the cardinals and falcons sometime around week 6 or 7. This is competitive 2019 football where emotional letdowns are enough to cause teams to lose games. The cards were a division team sandwiched around Seattle. Falcons after a 3 game ride prior to two critical division games.

Seattle themselves I’m sure win/lose games for same reasons. Every team does.

People predict games in a vacuum too much. They think you only lose to teams with great records and never lose to teams with worse records ever.

Doesn’t work like that.

Washington49er

Reaction score
49ers lost because KS doesn't have the killer instincts. 4th and 2, why not go for it, you make it you basically take a knee a couple times and win. If you don't you leave it up to your already weakened D to make a stop. Instead you put RG out for a 46 yrd FG after missing one earlier. Great he gets it, adds 3 points but your D is still going to have to make a stop.

This isn't the 1st time he's failed to go for it on short yardage.

Hopefully before the playoffs he grows a pair.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Washington49er":3vpz5tg6 said:
49ers lost because KS doesn't have the killer instincts. 4th and 2, why not go for it, you make it you basically take a knee a couple times and win. If you don't you leave it up to your already weakened D to make a stop. Instead you put RG out for a 46 yrd FG after missing one earlier. Great he gets it, adds 3 points but your D is still going to have to make a stop.

Id never not kick a fg when up only two points late. It backfired but id still do same thing. Robbie was 3 for 3.

hawk45

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":2we6vd3k said:
Washington49er":2we6vd3k said:

Id never not kick a fg when up only two points late. It backfired but id still do same thing. Robbie was 3 for 3.

I agree with this.

With the version of the Niner D earlier in the season it isn't even a question (of course with that versoin of the Niner D this isn't a close ball game).

Even with the weaker Niner D we're seeing now though, they'd put enough pressure on Ryan earlier in the game that you had to think they'd be able to clinch the game with a sack or two knowing Ryan had to throw it every down. Make him drive the entire field.

You go for it and miss and Ryan needs what, 30 or 40 yards to get in game-winning FG range?

Washington49er

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":1jv3078h said:
Washington49er":1jv3078h said:

RG has been missing all season, missed extra point earlier in the game.

Maulbert

Reaction score
NINEster":3ru5h74z said:
Maulbert":3ru5h74z said:
Washington49er":3ru5h74z said:
pmedic920":3ru5h74z said:

Any given Sunday

On the road.

Doesn’t work like that Maulbert. Your three losses so far the Niners did better in those games, all 3 of them on the road for SF. In fact outside of falcons, which common opponent did you have a better winning differential than the niners? Steelers? This is not a road you want to go down.

I knew the Niners would struggle against the cardinals and falcons sometime around week 6 or 7. This is competitive 2019 football where emotional letdowns are enough to cause teams to lose games. The cards were a division team sandwiched around Seattle. Falcons after a 3 game ride prior to two critical division games.

Seattle themselves I’m sure win/lose games for same reasons. Every team does.

People predict games in a vacuum too much. They think you only lose to teams with great records and never lose to teams with worse records ever.

Doesn’t work like that.

Zzzzzzzzz.....

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Washington49er":1kwfmhew said:
Shanegotyou11":1kwfmhew said:
Washington49er":1kwfmhew said:

In the end, the coach gets the blame unless he wins . Go for it and fail, and you guys say "why would he not kick fg with this top defense and be up 5?"

Your vaunted D failed. Regardless of opinions the defense failed.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1w4mkl97 said:
Wonder what it's like on the webzone right now....probably like here last week lol.

They were loving our players got hurt. Gross.

Mindsink

Reaction score
Washington49er":1o5si6o6 said:

This has nothing to do with killer instinct. There's not a football coach on earth that wouldn't kick a FG in that spot to make your opponent drive down the field and score a TD.

Mindsink

Reaction score
Washington49er":1t9fv1ku said:

So the excuse in week 10 was that you picked up some homeless dude from the street to kick for you, and he missed a FG in overtime that would have won the game.

Now the excuse is that your actual starting kicker has been missing all season, and can't be fully trusted to make a 46 yd FG with near-perfect weather conditions.

Got it.

SF49r

Reaction score
This game felt like a W to me because we came out of this game with no injuries lol. For the 49ers as long as they win beat Seattle week 17 this game means nothing at all. For Seattle this loss against the Falcons means they get a nice cushion against Arizona and now it's not a must win game for them. Either way win or lose yesterday was still going to come down to Week 17.

Mindsink

Reaction score
SF49r":1nkzzei1 said:
This game felt like a W to me because we came out of this game with no injuries lol. For the 49ers as long as they win beat Seattle week 17 this game means nothing at all. For Seattle this loss against the Falcons means they get a nice cushion against Arizona and now it's not a must win game for them. Either way win or lose yesterday was still going to come down to Week 17.

True, but you'd rather win the NFCW and get a bye. You could easily be looking at the #3 seed with enough losses.

Next week's game doesn't matter either. You could lose that, and Seahawks win, putting you a solid game back, but it will still come down to week 17 for the division.

Washington49er

Reaction score
Mindsink":358awypr said:
Washington49er":358awypr said:

So the excuse in week 10 was that you picked up some homeless dude from the street to kick for you, and he missed a FG in overtime that would have won the game.

Now the excuse is that your actual starting kicker has been missing all season, and can't be fully trusted to make a 46 yd FG with near-perfect weather conditions.

Got it.

Read what I said again, slowly this time. Should've gone for it on 4th and 2.

We lost, no excuses, I'm not Marv. Moving on to the Rams.

Mindsink

Reaction score
Washington49er":2xyj6ydq said:
Mindsink":2xyj6ydq said:
Washington49er":2xyj6ydq said:

Got it.

Read what I said again, slowly this time. Should've gone for it on 4th and 2.

We lost, no excuses, I'm not Marv. Moving on to the Rams.

Funny, It reads just the same to me slow & fast. Go for it instead of kicking the FG. How many different ways can that be interpreted?