Go Dragons!

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
Awesome performance by the Dragons.

Considering how small the XFL league is (for now), I'm surprised teams aren't making a more concerted effort to increase their chances of making the playoffs due to all the tiebreakers involved. Teams should start running up the score much earlier in the season next year to distance themselves if they are able to. The Dragons kicking a field goal as time expires with the game already won is just the tip of the iceberg. I don't even think it's being disrespectful to the other team, it's just being smart.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Awesome performance by the Dragons.

Considering how small the XFL league is (for now), I'm surprised teams aren't making a more concerted effort to increase their chances of making the playoffs due to all the tiebreakers involved. Teams should start running up the score much earlier in the season next year to distance themselves if they are able to. The Dragons kicking a field goal as time expires with the game already won is just the tip of the iceberg. I don't even think it's being disrespectful to the other team, it's just being smart.

That actually wasnt that smart as there was a nonzero risk of a takeaway.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Who here does NOT want to give Pearson a camp invite? He’s the most productive in The league and just did this.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Fielgulls commenter wrote this.

I think the broadcast had it wrong. Based on everything I can find, the tiebreaker if both teams win, will ultimately come down to points/points against rankings (thus the game ending FG by Seattle).

Assuming both teams win next weekend...
1. Head-to-head: Even
2. Best win/loss percentage in division: Even
3. Strength of victory in all games: Even
4. Best combined ranking among division teams in points scored and points allowed in all games:
Sea combined ranking is 2.5.
StL combined ranking is 4.5.
That number explained:
Sea is #3 in points scored (19 points better than StL, #2 in points against (6 points better than StL).
StL is #4 in points scored, #5 in points against.

St Louis plays a day earlier, so they're going to need to win and run up the score on Orlando.

Seattle is effectively win and in, but depending on what happens on Saturday, they may need to run up a big point differential against Las Vegas

If both lose, St Louis is in due to tie breaker #2, better division record.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Great win. Even if they don’t make the playoffs they are clearly one of the best teams in the league. I would put them at #2 only behind DC but having said that I think they are better than DC top to bottom roster/talent-wise.

I sure hope this is the first time the XFL can sustain themselves beyond one season. There’s real talent and potential here and the NFL should consider aligning themselves with them in some farming or official capacity to help sustain the league. I’m thoroughly enjoying this league! A great solution to bridge the gap during the NFL offseason.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nice win yesterday. And seeing them do it in front of those obnoxious fans out there....priceless.
Too bad they have 3 losses by a combined total of 7 points. We're going on Sunday, at least they'll have something to play for.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fielgulls commenter wrote this.

I think the broadcast had it wrong. Based on everything I can find, the tiebreaker if both teams win, will ultimately come down to points/points against rankings (thus the game ending FG by Seattle).

Assuming both teams win next weekend...
1. Head-to-head: Even
2. Best win/loss percentage in division: Even
3. Strength of victory in all games: Even
4. Best combined ranking among division teams in points scored and points allowed in all games:
Sea combined ranking is 2.5.
StL combined ranking is 4.5.
That number explained:
Sea is #3 in points scored (19 points better than StL, #2 in points against (6 points better than StL).
StL is #4 in points scored, #5 in points against.

St Louis plays a day earlier, so they're going to need to win and run up the score on Orlando.

Seattle is effectively win and in, but depending on what happens on Saturday, they may need to run up a big point differential against Las Vegas

If both lose, St Louis is in due to tie breaker #2, better division record.
Thanks for the breakdown. So, clearly we want a very close game by St. POOis. Doesn't help they are playing a crap team. But you never know.

And a Seattle BLOWOUT would help our cause. Just chuck it up all day and light up the scoreboard. And NO picks in the end zone. He has thrown one in every game it seems.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah too bad they are playing the bottom feeders next Saturday. Dang it. Wish it was against DC. But you are right, they need to light up the scoreboard against the Vipers.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Questions and observations.

1. Seattle and Vegas were deemed “practice partners” by the xfl. They share the same hs practice field, and I assumed they routinely practiced with each other. I wonder whether it Is optional for either team to be Able to conduct non joint practices, at least.

2. Jalen McClendon had Been a backup qb until last week, the team favoring Perez and/or Huntley. Their OL has got to be super jittery Given the qb churn, so our defense must exploit that into offensive holdings on them.

3. We need a rpo threat on offense.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sad to hear about Smith's passing! Too young!

As far as teams practicing together it's a symptom of a marginal budget compared to the NFL. I don't know the psychology of the pros/cons but I would imagine it's not an ideal situation.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Sad to hear about Smith's passing! Too young!

As far as teams practicing together it's a symptom of a marginal budget compared to the NFL. I don't know the psychology of the pros/cons but I would imagine it's not an ideal situation.

Vic Tafur of the Athletic has confirmed the death. You would have thought the Sea Dragons would have done so By now.

He was listed as inactive before his death btw

Last edited:
OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Any insight on what caused his death?