Geno Smith...

olyfan63

Reaction score
I'm pretty much in who-cares mode. Yes, Lock is more exciting, with more upside, but giving away 3 possessions on turnovers is a near-guaranteed L. Also Lock lost us the Stealers' game with that sack-fumble from lack of awareness.

Lost in all this QB discussion is how good the D has looked, an actual pass rush and sackes.

toffee

Reaction score
Not to mention they have a fantasic run game to lean on... but i really think success of the team will be because the D plays really well... i think the D has a chance to be really good they get that pass rush going the secondary is young but much , much better than last year..
Did you watched that video? The two throws, an 8 yard throw to DK right down the middle, another one to Dissly, again right down the middle, were quite encouraging. The final TD to DK air travelled for over 45 yards, and arrived right on target. Interesting thing was that Geno had minimum practice time with those two during the week.

Last edited:

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
Did you watched that video? The two throws, an 8 yard throw to DK right down the middle, another one to Dissly, again right down the middle, were quite encouraging. The final TD to DK air travelled for over 45 yards, and arrived right on target. Interesting thing was that Geno had minimum practice time with those two during the week.
I didnt my internet is spotty but I think they have a chance to be good... the o line looks really good im thinking they are going to have to stack the box to stop Penny when then Geno can hit plays like you are talking about... i dont think anyone is going to beat DK nor Tyler in single coverage or at least beat both of them... and Geno can hit those passes... i think they have a chance to be really good i just hope they stay healthy

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I can't help but feel a bit vindicated, but it's very hollow. I wanted Drew to look better than that. He did some okay things, especially on rollout concepts if I'm recalling correctly, but there were just so many red-alert bad decisions...

He made it so that there was just no way Pete could actually consider giving him week 1. He left no doubt. Not only did he not win the job, but he didn't come close enough to where he could be given the job without a likely locker room revolt.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Watching Kenny Pickett highlights I get a little sad.

TwilightError

Reaction score
Starting Geno is a waste of season. No one will learn anything, its just tanking. This team will not win with Lock either but at least we havent seen him yet and that would be interesting to watch. This is the opposite of interesting.

Titus Pullo

Reaction score
This will probably be Geno's last season in the league. Nobody will want him as a starter or backup after this season.

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
This will probably be Geno's last season in the league. Nobody will want him as a starter or backup after this season.
LOL...Really? Based off of what? I mean im not saying Geno is the second coming of Joe Montana but dang the guy has had 3 regular seaon games all in which he was competitive in and 3 pre season games which are pretty much meaningless. I for one am curious how he is going to pan out... now , if he tanks this season then maybe what your saying might have some merit but there is more up side to Geno than what people are sayijust my take.

Rosco

Reaction score
LOL...Really? Based off of what? I mean im not saying Geno is the second coming of Joe Montana but dang the guy has had 3 regular seaon games all in which he was competitive in and 3 pre season games which are pretty much meaningless. I for one am curious how he is going to pan out... now , if he tanks this season then maybe what your saying might have some merit but there is more up side to Geno than what people are sayijust my take.
He’s had more than 3 games. Try 9 years. If he were a legit starter he would’ve proven as much by now.

Rock_the_Hawk

Reaction score
He’s had more than 3 games. Try 9 years. If he were a legit starter he would’ve proven as much by now.
With what teams though Jets and the Giants? Was he brought up as a rookie correctly coaching wise? These are legitimate questions. Geno might just completely blow this season in which case Your assessment would be correct but from what I have seen so far does not support your assessment. I think he has been pretty good even considering the dropped passes that's not Geno's fault he looked really good when locket was in there last night and I see no reason to believe that the rest of the starting lineup will help him out considerably. So, my assessment is that we have not seen enough to make a judgment on how good Geno is going to be nor how good the Seahawks O is going to be.