Geno is writing back with his performances

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, they needed him to do that on Sunday, and HE DID. Come on Pitt, he literally did exactly what you claimed he couldn't do. Geezus man.
Let me guess....it was because of the Running game and everything BUT Geno, blah blah blah blah blah.
Unfold the arms and enjoy football and the team, just this once?

Lagartixa

Reaction score
And what has that gotten Seattle? A win against an injured and horrible Lions team and a win in which Denver shot themselves in the foot and should have won by double digits. In all rights, they should be 1-3 right now. Enjoy the Lions win because Geno will be coming back down to earth against the Saints.

Wow. That comment reads like one written by somebody who really hates the Seahawks. You sound like a fan whose team lost to the Seahawks trolling Seahawks fans. Be honest: were you rooting against the Seahawks in the games this season?

It's interesting that you see mistakes the Broncos made in the season opener that, if they hadn't been made, might have changed the result for the Broncos, but you conveniently ignore the fact that Wilson had two easy interceptions dropped, plus his lone TD pass in the game could also easily have been an interception (or at least a PD) instead of a TD if an experienced NFL corner had been on Jeudy on that play. That ball was badly underthrown and Jeudy had to stop, wait, and reach back for it. So you say the Broncos could have won by double digits, and I say the Broncos were lucky not to have lost by double digits.

None of us thinks Smith is a great QB or anything even close to that, but we can all see how dead-wrong you were when you said Smith is "incapable of winning a game when called upon to do so," because two days ago, Smith once again proved he is indeed capable of doing so. Instead of just recognizing (not even publicly with a post, just in your own mind) that you were wrong about that and moving on, you seem to feel it's worth dying on that hill, and with each comment, you look more and more like a petty fan of some other team trolling Seahawks fans here. 🤷‍♂️

Seahawker

Reaction score
Geno Smith; "I've been working my butt off. I've been preparing as if I was a starter for 10 years now, so it doesn't change anything for me; the opponent is just different. So I'm excited to be able to put my work on display, but overall my mentality has been the same."
Smith continued, "Competition brings out the best in all of us, so I'm extremely excited. I look forward to it. I can't wait for the fan's and everybody else to see it. It's going to be a lot different than what it's been the last nine or 10 years with Russell in Seattle, but all in all, I still prepare the same."

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
And what has that gotten Seattle? A win against an injured and horrible Lions team and a win in which Denver shot themselves in the foot and should have won by double digits. In all rights, they should be 1-3 right now. Enjoy the Lions win because Geno will be coming back down to earth against the Saints.
If you keep betting against him, you'll eventually be right when he has a bad game - but that doesn't mean you'll be right overall, because he's still been damn good otherwise.

Your game is obvious here. Hold Geno's performance to an unattainable standard, and claim victory when any negative thing happens. It's obvious, and it's certainly not indicative of Seahawks fandom, because fans like when players do good things for their team.

I hope you never get your victory lap.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Sounds like you are hoping for a loss against the Saints just so you can be "right"

Entering John63/Fade territory at this point

Probably time to step away from the message boards for a bit.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Its all good. I knew fans would fall into the trap early on. Its just what happens. The Hawks are still a 5 to 6 win team and Smith and Carroll will be held with no accountability for it. Its just how it is.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Its all good. I knew fans would fall into the trap early on. Its just what happens. The Hawks are still a 5 to 6 win team and Smith and Carroll will be held with no accountability for it. Its just how it is.
Including Smith in this is just weird, man. His play is good. Stop shitting on it because of other facets of the team.

Good play deserves praise. Point blank. simple.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
If you had said 6 wins for this team back in August, most would have thought you were crazy on the over.

Most were calling for much less than that. 1st pick in the draft was being generously kicked around.

With this defense, they probably are a .500 or less team. But Geno playing much better than we thought has 6 wins or more as a possibility now.

But hey, keep moving those goalposts so you can be "right"

In a few weeks, we will hear you say "this is still a team that will only win 8 games guys"

Its just how it is

LeaveLynchAlone

Reaction score
What is this trap you're referring to? Enjoying four games early in a long season and the unexpected positive play of a QB in those four games?

It's easy to find things to criticize on every team if you look closely enough if that's how you choose to see the world. Playing the long game of hoping for failure just to be proven right or justified is an interesting take and plenty of people in this world do just that.

Having a more positive mindset doesn't need to be considered delusional, though it seems you have that immovable belief. Believing in possibilities is refreshing, if you try it you may even come to like it.

What if the Seahawks with Pete Carroll, Geno Smith and a mistake prone defense today far exceed any expectations going through a long season? I suspect based upon how you see things you'll shift the how but hold onto your fast held beliefs.

How will the angst you share in each take you have serve you as you discount even the small victories and progress. This is really not about being right, it's definitely more about how you want to live your life and how you see the world.

Jegpeg

Reaction score
Geno was the #1 ranked QB in preseason by PFF (sure he only completed 23-36, but 7 of the 13 incompletions were dropped), and he is now the #1 ranked QB in the regular season. How many games will it take you to be convinced enough that 1 bad game doesn't change your opinion that he might actually be a good QB.

QB5 - 20-35 - 57% completed - 262 yards - 1 TD 1 Int 1 Sack 78.5 rating

That's Mahomes against the Colts, but he isn't suddenly an average starter is he.
Your QB5 line goes with my arguement, one game is not enough to tell if a player can be a franchise QB or not, and neither is 4. Mahomes has played 4 seasons and most games he has played at an elite level. With that amount of exceptional play it will take a lot of bad games to conclude he is washed out.
Yes PFF do rank Geno number 1. They also rank Mariotta 4, and Winston 5 with Herbert, Burrow and Rogers 26,27 and 28. So I think I have to be a little sceptical about them ranking Geno above Mahomes and Allan (and Brady, Jackson, etc......)
How many games until I'm convinced? it a gradual thing, 4 more and I'll be getting more confident if he continues this form until the end of the season I'll be pretty convinced (and wanting him to sign a long term contract). I remember us paying big money for a QB from Green Bay on the basis of a few good performances as back-up and then he couldn't even beat a 3rd round draft pick for the starting job.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Geno is the shit. Period. He's trying and he's working within the system.

Waldron offense is paying back dividends now.

Even with the pimped out suit - I mean, c'mon, purple giant lapels - did you even WATCH Starsky and Hutch?

Geno for Prez. That dude is the shit. He's motivated. He's skilled. He's technical. Watch the post game presser.

No problems here. Save your draft picks for the defense this year. We got what we need.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Geno is the shit. Period. He's trying and he's working within the system.

Waldron offense is paying back dividends now.

Even with the pimped out suit - I mean, c'mon, purple giant lapels - did you even WATCH Starsky and Hutch?

Geno for Prez. That dude is the shit. He's motivated. He's skilled. He's technical. Watch the post game presser.

No problems here. Save your draft picks for the defense this year. We got what we need.
You sir are a bigger Geno homer than toffee, lol, and toffee was the one talking up Geno for months with charts and tables full of stats since the Wilson trade. :)

Tipping my hat to ya.